Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Drilling into gloss veneer wood

• 06-04-2012 2:06pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1

Hi - I have a high gloss T.V unit which had a fancy push to open door mechanism that's broken. I want to fix it by putting in an old fashioned magnetic closing system and a handle like a kitchen cupboard door. Question is can I drill into that type of gloss surface in or order to attach a handle or will it crack etc?? Do I need a special drill bit??
    thanks for any help. :confused:

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,683 ✭✭✭Carpenter

D.I.Wife wrote: »
    Hi - I have a high gloss T.V unit which had a fancy push to open door mechanism that's broken. I want to fix it by putting in an old fashioned magnetic closing system and a handle like a kitchen cupboard door. Question is can I drill into that type of gloss surface in or order to attach a handle or will it crack etc?? Do I need a special drill bit??
    thanks for any help. :confused:
    A steel bit and the job is done :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,073 ✭✭✭Pottler

and use a bit of masking tape on the area to be drilled to help stop you slipping/marking up the workpiece.

Advertisement