Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nightclubs on Good Friday

Options
  • 06-04-2012 2:13pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,065 ✭✭✭

anyone know if there is any pubs/clubs open after 12 tonight in galway? I can get my hands on booze beforehand, no probs there,

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,380 ✭✭✭TheCosmicFrog

I'd never thought about that, actually (clubs opening at midnight). I'll let you know if I hear anything through the usual channels :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,505 ✭✭✭ArtyC

Cps is the only one as far as I know

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,065 ✭✭✭leonidas83

ArtyC wrote: »
    Cps is the only one as far as I know

Really, are you sure that is opening tonight?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,140 ✭✭✭ciano1

They're all closed as far as I know!

• Registered Users Posts: 93 ✭✭JerryHispano

I did some emailing during the week, CPs & townhouse closed, karma closed, roisin dubh closed, kelly's closed. I presume everywhere is closed, I gave up after that.

• Advertisement

The only place I've heard that's open so far is the Greyhound Stadium. Hardly a nightclub, but if you're a fan of the dogs... :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

It would be kinda cool to go to a club at midnight but for 2 hours, naaah.

biko wrote: »
    It would be kinda cool to go to a club at midnight but for 2 hours, naaah.

People don't normally head to clubs until closer to 12.30am anyway. If anything, you'd be early...

if i owned a nightclub, id definitely be opening tonight, you'd be stealing a march on your competitors and the place would be packed,

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,332 ✭✭✭desaparecidos

leonidas83 wrote: »
    I can get my hands on booze beforehand, no probs there

Well thank Christ for that! I was getting worried about you there for a second.

• Advertisement

Well thank Christ for that! I was getting worried about you there for a second.

Just after hearing there El Paridiso are doing a sneaky lock in, any else fancy coming with us, send me a PM

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 jojo22

Anyone heard of anywhere else open? Surely somewhere has to be if people dont go to clubs until twelve anyway!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,300 ✭✭✭✭Seaneh

Nobody has a license for tonight. If anyone even thought about it the Garda would ****ing destroy them. It wouldn't be worth the haste or the fine/closure.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 751 ✭✭✭SeanPuddin

leonidas83 wrote: »
    Just after hearing there El Paridiso are doing a sneaky lock in, any else fancy coming with us, send me a PM

Carlito's joint or the strippers?

Seaneh wrote: »
    Nobody has a license for tonight. If anyone even thought about it the Garda would ****ing destroy them. It wouldn't be worth the haste or the fine/closure.

Midnight was technically *today* though (Saturday). That's why OP was asking.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,391 ✭✭✭inisboffin

Theatres also have a special license to sell booze. Never seen so many cultured folks out! ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 705 ✭✭✭chuky_r_law

i thought that theatre licence/bar open good friday route was shut down a few years ago? am i mistaken?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,391 ✭✭✭inisboffin

i thought that theatre licence/bar open good friday route was shut down a few years ago? am i mistaken?

Nope, don't think so anyway - I wasn't out myself, but for example, 'The Nuala's were on at THT last night, and I can't imagine the theatre putting on a comedy act without the bar being open.

Advertisement