Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Payee cannot be added.....

Options
  • 06-04-2012 2:51pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,050 ✭✭✭

I can't add a payee in my online banking system this morning and I know others on Boards are having the same problem. What's the problem? Please don't tell me it has anything to do with it being Good Friday? If it is, what is the point in having online banking if you can't use it on bank holidays? I've tried the CS line and the 365 line and neither are working. Am I going to have to wait until Tuesday to sort this?

I've also been charged for a new ATM card when it was an ATM machine that swallowed my card! I think that's a bit of a joke to be honest and I'd like that money refunded to my account even if it is only a fiver. Bit of a cheek taking the card and then expecting me to shell out for a new one. Who do I contact for that? Card Services have told me it's not them and my branch said call Card Services to get a refund. Seriously sh*t service from BOI :mad:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 354 ✭✭Bank of Ireland: Pat

Hi token101,

Sorry for not being able to get back to you sooner. There weren't any issues with adding payees online that we have been made aware of. Have you tried to add the payee since?

In relation to the replacement card fee, I apologise for any unsatisfactory service you've received. All applications for a refund of the fee would be dealt with through your account holding branch. I can see from your post that you've already been in contact with them. If you want to PM me your contact details and the location of your branch I can arrange for them to give you a call to discuss the matter.

If there's anything else I can do for you just let me know.

Thanks
    Pat

• Registered Users Posts: 2 lukemdunne

My card was swallowed by a bank machine(for no apparrent reason) one evening. The following morning I went into that bank and told them, they asked for ID, then just handed back my perfectly working card. They must have pulled it out of the machine that morning and had it handy.

HI token101,

I've recieved your PM and sent you a response via same. You should be expecting a call tomorrow at the time you requested.

Thanks again
    Pat

• Registered Users Posts: 1,303 ✭✭✭CardinalJ

Having the same problem. Can't add a payee.

Is the problem on all 365 on line accounts?

Hi CardinalJ,

Thanks for the feedback. I've checked with our 365 online team this morning and there still haven't been any ongoing issues that we have been made aware of.

If you give Banking365 a call on 0818 365 365 we should be able to get the payee added over the phone. That way we can check and see what the issue might be.
    If you prefer, I can have one of our representatives give you a call at a time that suits you. Just PM me your contact details and I'd be happy to arrange it.

If there's anything else I can do, just let me know.

Thanks
    Pat

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,303 ✭✭✭CardinalJ

Hi Pat,

I actually called last night and your colleague couldn't add it either. It's definitely a valid acc and sort code.

She suggested it may be something to do with having to issue a letter to the person I'm trying to add.

Im just going to have to pay with cash.

John

• Registered Users Posts: 1,167 ✭✭✭TM

Same here - trying to help a friend add a payee to their account but it simply says that it cannot be added. It is the BoI mortgage "holding a/c" with the individual's mortgage a/c number as a reference, all the details are 100% correct as per the letter BoI send out about a partially missed repayment but the online banking just says "This account cannot be added.". The individual's mortgage a/c is already listed in their account summary but there is no way to make transfers directly to this account either.

:(

Hi TM,

Thanks for getting in touch. Unfortunately it isn't possible to add a mortgage as a payee on Banking365 as any unscheduled payments to the account could affect the terms of the mortgage.

If a mortgage direct debit is missed for whatever reason, the letter you mentioned above is issued as a notification to the customer to make them aware that the direct debit didn't go through. Approximately five days after that, the direct debit will automatically be represented to the customer's bank account. If the direct debit comes back a second time you would need to have your friend get in touch with their mortgage advisor or ring 01 611 3333 and they'll be able to make the payment over the phone by laser card.

Hope this helps
    Pat

Hi TM,

Thanks for getting in touch. Unfortunately it isn't possible to add a mortgage as a payee on Banking365 as any unscheduled payments to the account could affect the terms of the mortgage.

If a mortgage direct debit is missed for whatever reason, the letter you mentioned above is issued as a notification to the customer to make them aware that the direct debit didn't go through. Approximately five days after that, the direct debit will automatically be represented to the customer's bank account. If the direct debit comes back a second time you would need to have your friend get in touch with their mortgage advisor or ring 01 611 3333 and they'll be able to make the payment over the phone by laser card.

Hope this helps
    Pat

Hi Pat - thanks for the reply but ...

In this case the DD was suspended by the bank to allow the individual to pay whatever they could on a unilateral basis. So there was no missed DD because the DD is no longer being presented for the moment. 70% of the scheduled (interest only) repayment was made (by debit card) but in spite what they were told about the new arrangement they still got a missed (part) payment/arrears letter. This letter gave the details of some BoI a/c to which the balance of the repayment could be made. The mortgage a/c number to be used as the reference in the payment. But this account (which is not the individual's mortgage a/c directly) cannot be added as a payee for no obvious reason. They are going to contact the bank again about this directly but not for the first time interactions with BoI have been very confusing and involved mixed messages from the bank regarding what the arrangements are for the mortgage repayments etc.

Hi TM,

Sorry for any confusion. I misunderstood the circumstances involved. There currently is no way to add the mortgage holding account to Banking365 online. The best option for your friend would be to contact the Arrears Support Unit (ASU) on 07662 44444.

The ASU would be able to discuss the account with the account holder and agree on a payment schedule. They would also be able to go through all the options your friend would have in relation to how to make the payments.

If there's anything else I can do just let me know.

Pat

• Advertisement

There currently is no way to add the mortgage holding account to Banking365 online.
    Why does the letter say to do that so?
    The best option for your friend would be to contact the Arrears Support Unit (ASU) on 07662 44444.
    They did but got cut off - again. The whole thing is already proceeding under MARP as a pre-arrears case but it's a real pain trying to deal with BoI.

Thanks all the same but it's very frustrating....

• Registered Users Posts: 7,368 ✭✭✭Tow

Unfortunately it isn't possible to add a mortgage as a payee on Banking365 as any unscheduled payments to the account could affect the terms of the mortgage.

Hi Pat,

I would just like to point out that it is possible to setup and pay into mortgage accounts with other banks from Bankling365. In the case of AIB the payments reduce the outstanding principle and are automatically taken into account every quarter when interest/payment are recalculated.

When is the money (including lost growth) Michael Noonan took in the Pension Levy going to be paid back?

Hi TM,

I'm sorry you're finding the whole process frustrating. The account details shown in the letter can be used to make a payment in a Bank of Ireland branch.

You can ask your friend if they would like me to arrange a call from the Arrears Support Unit. If it is something that they want just PM me on their contact details and I can arrange for one of our representatives in the ASU to ring them.

Pat

Thanks Pat.

It's just a bit nonsensical that if your current a/c was with another bank then you could presumably set up the BoI "holding" a/c as a payee and make payments (using the mortgage a/c as a reference) but you can't do this if your current a/c is with BoI.

Thanks for the offer of getting a call set up but they my friend managed to get in contact again and the balance of the most recent payment has been made via debit card.

Another curiosity of the letter was that it stated number of repayments in arrears 0.3 which we though was a misprint until we realised that it referred to the shortfall of 30% of the full (interest only) repayment. Perhaps a bit cryptic for some...

Anyway - they are still dealing with the issue through MARP and the ASU but the problem with dealing with BoI seems to be that everybody deals with their own patch and there doesn't seem to be much joined up thinking - e.g. you struggle to get a consistent message or service from, say, the branch staff/manager, the mortgage contact in the branch, the mortgage agent who seems to be in another location, the ASU/MARP people (in IFSC?), the people dealing with other stuff such as mortgage protection life insurance/home insurance (which are with 3rd parties now for better value) etc.

For example - the mortgage agent/main contact told my friend, who is already on interest only, to apply for the deferred interest scheme in order to just pay 2/3rds of the interest only repayment and capitalise the rest (without interest being charged on the capitalised interest I think?) and he said that this would be no problem. When the application was sent in it was rejected and my friend was asked for the same sort of info again that was already sent in on a Standard Financial Statement and covering letter/documentation when they applied (successfully) for the interest only period.

Tow wrote: »
    Hi Pat,

I would just like to point out that it is possible to setup and pay into mortgage accounts with other banks from Bankling365. In the case of AIB the payments reduce the outstanding principle and are automatically taken into account every quarter when interest/payment are recalculated.

Hi Tow,

I stand corrected. It isn't possible to setup a Bank of Ireland mortgage through Bankin365 online. Our mortgage customers would be advised of their payment options at the time of account opening.

I wouldn't be able to comment on any aspect of a mortgage provided by AIB or any other another financial institution. That would include by what means their customers would be allowed to make payments.

Thanks
    Pat

Advertisement