Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Steak

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,762 ✭✭✭✭stupidusername

shizz wrote: »
    No you're thinking of Papal sauce. :v

is that the sauce of the pope?
    Not keen on steak in any form or level of cookness, TBH.

PS I'm strobe's burd. :P

oooh details :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,479 ✭✭✭✭philologos

OP: The question is why do you expect people to care if you have steak? Much in the same way as I don't feel like I have to shout about how good bacon is outside a mosque, I don't feel that I have to make a big song and dance over how I've eaten a bit of meat today to Roman Catholics.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,390 ✭✭✭IM0

you dont cook steak, you under cook it ffs!

if you cook steak you are doing it wrong.

philologos wrote: »
    OP: The question is why do you expect people to care if you have steak?

it's after hours

• Closed Accounts Posts: 527 ✭✭✭joeperry

I cook it 3 mins a side but i flip it every minute. Is this better than leaving it 3 mins each side?

joeperry wrote: »
    I cook it 3 mins a side but i flip it every minute. Is this better than leaving it 3 mins each side?

Yes.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 548 ✭✭✭Seomra Mushie

oooh details :D

He shouts out his own name when he orgasms. :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,919 ✭✭✭✭Gummy Panda

Snowie wrote: »
    but you do and thats whats important :)

And I make damn good steak.

Really?

*grabs marriage sack*

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,048 ✭✭✭✭Snowie

philologos wrote: »
    OP: The question is why do you expect people to care if you have steak?

and why are you talking to me like your Sigmund Freud :confused:

jee i dunno maybe its all a little light hearted fun ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,627 ✭✭✭Lawrence1895

I had sausages for lunch, the burgers for dinner are on the grill now :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,033 ✭✭✭✭bnt

*grabs marriage sack*
    Ew. Please wash your hands before touching the steak.

IMHO the scary thing about threads like these is there are people who think that religious edicts such as "don't eat meat on Good Friday" are "normal". Believe me, nothing about the Vatican Nail Death Cult is "normal". Those freaks are not here on AH today, they're too busy celebrating a 2000-year-old cold case: so we are not a representative sample of the Irish populace. Probably a good thing, even if we all like steak. :o

Death has this much to be said for it:
    You don’t have to get out of bed for it.
    Wherever you happen to be
    They bring it to you—free.

— Kingsley Amis

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,732 ✭✭✭Toby Take a Bow

I'm eating Salmon tonight.

Not because of the Church, just happened that way (had a steak pie earlier).

I find the whole 'I'm eating steak today cos the Church doesn't tell me what to do' kind of odd. When you think about it, if you're specifically eating steak as a protest against the Catholic Church, you're letting them dictate your eating habits.

Ignoring the whole concept of Good Friday would be more of a kick in the face for the Church.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,587 ✭✭✭Pace2008

brummytom wrote: »
    I'm having fish and chips, like every other Good Friday.

I'm so jealous of all you rebels and your amazingness.
    Is the whole idea of Good Friday not fasting and penance, a sign of respect and a show of solidarity with Jesus who suffered unimaginable torture on the day of his death?

It's not for me to tell others what to do, but getting a ****-off chippers with deep-fried fish seems to be trying to find a loophole, unintentional though it may be, in Catholic instruction and sort of defeats the purpose of the whole thing, as I see it.

Though maybe you're observing it as a sort of cultural tradition as opposed to a religious one, I dunno.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,298 ✭✭✭Duggys Housemate

bnt wrote: »
    *grabs marriage sack*
    Ew. Please wash your hands before touching the steak.

IMHO the scary thing about threads like these is there are people who think that religious edicts such as "don't eat meat on Good Friday" are "normal". Believe me, nothing about the Vatican Nail Death Cult is "normal". Those freaks are not here on AH today, they're too busy celebrating a 2000-year-old cold case: so we are not a representative sample of the Irish populace. Probably a good thing, even if we all like steak. :o

The scary thing about threads like these is that the angry atheist seem to think they are fighting the man in 2012. It's not illegal to have steak today, it never was. As it happened I had steak but managed to not bother starting a thread on the issue. I'm looking forward, however, to starting a thread about my planned chicken sandwich lunch tomorrow.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,137 ✭✭✭44leto

I find steak over-rated, that says a lot, I never thought I would see the day that I am sick of steak.

• Advertisement

Pace2008 wrote: »
    Is the whole idea of Good Friday not fasting and penance, a sign of respect and a show of solidarity with Jesus who suffered unimaginable torture on the day of his death?

Sign of respect for what exactly a man who claimed he was something special?

if a man walked over to you and said Im the son of jesus, and claimed that he was the profits son, concerted and conceived to respread the word of god in order to save humanity, would you believe him ?

44leto wrote: »
    I find steak over-rated, that says a lot, I never thought I would see the day that I am sick of steak.

A lot of people feel that till they have a good steak in restaurant

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,030 ✭✭✭✭Chuck Stone

I prefer fish to steak anyway.

Never quite got the whole steak thing tbh.

Fuckin mad rebels ye.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,390 ✭✭✭IM0

yep. theres a couple in the fridge with my name on it. just have to do it though

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,515 ✭✭✭✭admiralofthefleet

going to have pork chops

i wouldnt stop eating meat because of a man made law

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,872 ✭✭✭strobe

Jesus man... fine, fine. Something black and strapless, maybe with a slit up the side. 8 O'clock beside the Spire.

strobe wrote: »

Jesus man... fine, fine. Something black and strapless, maybe with a slit up the side. 8 O'clock beside the Spire.

I'm washing my hair :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 961 ✭✭✭TEMPLAR KNIGHT

Your so cool please carry my babies in your awesome womb

are you a hipster ? :eek:

I can be whatever you want me to be baby ;-)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,692 ✭✭✭GEasy

going to have pork chops

i wouldnt stop eating meat because of a man made law

As opposed to the other types of laws? Universal gravitational law etc etc

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,899 ✭✭✭✭BBDBB

LakesKeane wrote: »

eating the steak is ok, but try keeping the peas on your fork in zero gravity is nightmare

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,732 ✭✭✭Toby Take a Bow

LakesKeane wrote: »

If the steak fell into a bucket of dirty water, that would be once case of universal gravitational law preventing him eating a steak.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,065 ✭✭✭Fighting Irish

Everyone who posted above this line is a loser

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,515 ✭✭✭LH Pathe

Steak? not seen one since this recession kicked in. Just fish, fish, fùcking fish. Don't worry there's plenty of fish in the.. urgh

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,303 ✭✭✭Temptamperu

I had a nice blue/rare steak that had been marinated in Piri-piri sauce with some chips and beans.

mmmm sacrilegious :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 341 ✭✭poppyvally

who's having it for dinner for tonight ? :)

I've to 3 ages sirloin yesterday which are now going to sit a room temperature, then Im going to cook them for about 3.5 minutes aside leave them to rest for another 4 minutes a which point they should be ready with some nice thin chips and a good paper sauce..

are you having steak to night ?

We usually have a steak at the w/e. It's always "Rib eye". Never lets you down for a great flavour!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,702 ✭✭✭fonecrusher1

Sometimes i love steak. sometimes i think its repulsive.

Overcook a steak & its like eating the sole of a shoe. Its just nasty.

get a decent well aged steak, season it & cook it with the respect it deserves & it can be a thing of beauty.

LH Pathe wrote: »
    Steak? not seen one since this recession kicked in. Just fish, fish, fùcking fish. Don't worry there's plenty of fish in the.. urgh

You're not polish are you :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,515 ✭✭✭LH Pathe

No.. but, you know, my relationship with steak it' steak it or leave it.

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 5,028 Mod ✭✭✭✭G_R

So am I the only one who likes a well done steak? The thought of being able to see blood in my food makes me naucious.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,702 ✭✭✭fonecrusher1

So am I the only one who likes a well done steak? The thought of being able to see blood in my food makes me naucious.

But a well done steak is just a piece of tough grey meat?

For me being able to see a little bit of blood dripping out of my steak is a relief coz it means it hasnt been destroyed.

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 5,028 Mod ✭✭✭✭G_R

But a well done steak is just a piece of tough grey meat?

For me being able to see a little bit of blood dripping out of my steak is a relief coz it means it hasnt been destroyed.
    Not well done to the point where its a grey lump of meat, but just past the no blood mark. Not a big fan of blood so would really rather it wasnt on my dinner!

I want steak now. I had a stupid chicken pizza for dinner.

nope you're a sick demented pervert :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,969 ✭✭✭hardCopy

Recession Busting, Heathen Dinner tonight. Aldi's finest Angus Filett Steak with sauteed Lidl baby potatoes and boiled tesco frozen peas.

Absolutely Bloody Fantastic. Washed down with several premium ales and some home brewed cider.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,893 ✭✭✭Canis Lupus

It's not blood. It's protein.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 43,311 ✭✭✭✭K-9

That's because you get a better cut in a restaurant.

Stems from the banning of the T-bone steak which later returned. The sirloin part of the T-Bone was always the sirloin, then they banned it. That is now the Striploin in supermarkets, a fine piece of meat it is to.

So the Sirloin from 10 years ago is actually Striploin, hence the dearer price.

Restaurants don't differentiate, well the good ones anyway.

Mad Men's Don Draper : What you call love was invented by guys like me, to sell nylons.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 56 ✭✭ProfessorWeeto

who's having it for dinner for tonight ? :)
    I've to 3 ages sirloin yesterday which are now going to sit a room temperature, then Im going to cook them for about 3.5 minutes aside leave them to rest for another 4 minutes a which point they should be ready with some nice thin chips and a good paper sauce..

are you having steak to night ?

Why was this thread created? :rolleyes:
    What are we 15 year old kids?

"hehe, yeah religion says you aint meant to eat meat but like man, I totally am going to eat meat today! hehe are anyone of yous gonna do the same it'll be class like"

Mod: re-reg Banned.

Why was this thread created? :rolleyes:
    What are we 15 year old kids?

"hehe, yeah religion says you aint meant to eat meat but like man, I totally am going to eat meat today! hehe are anyone of yous gonna do the same it'll be class like"

Mod: re-reg Banned.

You're not a vegetarian are you ? :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,519 ✭✭✭✭kowloon

TPD wrote: »
    I've had pork for breakfast and am having chicken for dinner. May get a beef burger later on to complete the holy trinity.

And to the holy trinity I would also add the lamb of god.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,187 ✭✭✭psychward

K-9 wrote: »
    That's because you get a better cut in a restaurant.

Stems from the banning of the T-bone steak which later returned. The sirloin part of the T-Bone was always the sirloin, then they banned it. That is now the Striploin in supermarkets, a fine piece of meat it is to.

So the Sirloin from 10 years ago is actually Striploin, hence the dearer price.

Restaurants don't differentiate, well the good ones anyway.

I can't seem to remember seeing T Bone steaks in Tesco, Dunnes , Lidl/Aldi etc .

Are they in our stores or banned ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,893 ✭✭✭Canis Lupus

psychward wrote: »
    I can't seem to remember seeing T Bone steaks in Tesco, Dunnes , Lidl/Aldi etc .

Butchers yes but you never see tbones in Tescos etc.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,187 ✭✭✭psychward

Butchers yes but you never see tbones in Tescos etc.

I used to eat them all the time as a kid. I would suck the marrow out of the bones too. I guess I'm royally fupped and will turn into a mad cow :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 43,311 ✭✭✭✭K-9

psychward wrote: »

Aldi did one recently, slowly making their way back on the menu.

A fresh Salmon from Killybegs is hard to beat, needs to be gutted though, and not boiled as my Mam used to do. Cod is also delicious.

Mad Men's Don Draper : What you call love was invented by guys like me, to sell nylons.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,872 ✭✭✭strobe

I like it well done too man. I fry my steak 3 minutes a side and then bang it into the oven for 6/7 minutes... ye know, cook it how it is supposed to be cooked to make it taste it's nicest? But try and explain the proper way to cook a steak to people and they shit themselves dramatically because most people, basically, are unadventurous to a fault. Their loss.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,298 ✭✭✭Duggys Housemate

strobe wrote: »

I like it well done too man. I fry my steak 3 minutes a side and then bang it into the oven for 6/7 minutes... ye know, cook it how it is supposed to be cooked to make it taste it's nicest? But try and explain the proper way to cook a steak to people and they sh[COLOR="Black"]i[/COLOR]t themselves dramatically because most people, basically, are unadventurous to a fault. Their loss.

Best steak is medium rare, not that I can cook it as well as a restaurant.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,122 ✭✭✭BeerWolf

Had a tuna steak... would that count ?

• Advertisement
Advertisement