Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

GW32 Matchday Thread

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,264 ✭✭✭✭manual_man

35 with 4 to play. happy enough. might break 50. hope Rooney has a quiet game though. most have captained him

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,194 ✭✭✭FatRat

28 with 5 to play. One of those is my captain so it's not too bad.

Shoulda captained dempsey again :(

1513 have transferred in Sessegnon today. 1382 Dempsey. people are mental. Here's to another Dempsey goal next gw

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,293 ✭✭✭✭Mint Sauce

37 with 3 to play.

Skirtels getting sold.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,844 ✭✭✭carlcon

manual_man wrote: »
    1513 have transferred in Sessegnon today. 1382 Dempsey. people are mental. Here's to another Dempsey goal next gw

Most would probably have their eye on 2 weeks time. Sunderland playing Wolves at home, while Fulham don't play at all. Bringing Dempsey in now is a pretty dumb long-term move. It's great to have him, or have had him over the last few weeks... but at the moment Sess is the better buy of the 2 if you have neither.

I will, regretfully, go ahead with selling Demps this week. He's been some player and a great differential for me, but I think he has to go. His fixtures for the doubles compared to others just isn't good enough. Chelsea and Spurs both have amazing fixtures so Mata, VDV and Bale are all (probably) much better replcaements for him. Spurs have some finish to their season and it can't be ignored. I'll probably end up getting 3 spurs players in in the coming weeks. Mata is also looking very tempting.

Here lads..... guess what? Nani is fit for tomorrow. Let the rotation begin :cool:

carlcon wrote: »

Most would probably have their eye on 2 weeks time. Sunderland playing Wolves at home, while Fulham don't play at all. Bringing Dempsey in now is a pretty dumb long-term move. It's great to have him, or have had him over the last few weeks... but at the moment Sess is the better buy of the 2 if you have neither.

I could understand it next week. but not now. Sunderland have Everton away, which is a very hard place to score. But Sess is one of those 'flair' players that seems to get in a huge amount of transfers even when he doesn't perform. I've noticed it. while Dempsey seems to go under peoples radars and get relatively little transfers in, even when he's performing magnificently. I understand about gw34, I'm considering getting Sess myself, but to do it this week with an away trip to Everton is a bit thick tbh I think (cue a goal there for him now). Not complaining really, coz Dempsey has become a bit of a 'differential', being only the top scoring bloody midfielder and all :D

The one thing about Dempsey though, he was playing up front today, yeah? Well he usually doesn't, he usually on the wing. I think today was a once off and with him on the wing for the rest of the season and with tough enough fixtures, he won't do much more. I'd like to see him do more because he's become a favourite player of mine, outside of FF.... but I don't think so. Maybe 3 goals for the rest of the season.

I've said this every week for the past 4 weeks and I'll say it again this week......... Man united better keep a clean sheet tomorrow! I've been banking on my 2 United defenders to save me every single week for the past 4 weeks, and it's happened every week. I'm fearing that 5 clean sheets in a row is too much to ask of them but QPR at home should be a certain clean sheet, right? RIGHT??

FatRat wrote: »
    The one thing about Dempsey though, he was playing up front today, yeah? Well he usually doesn't, he usually on the wing. I think today was a once off and with him on the wing for the rest of the season and with tough enough fixtures, he won't do much more. I'd like to see him do more because he's become a favourite player of mine, outside of FF.... but I don't think so. Maybe 3 goals for the rest of the season.

I've said this every week for the past 4 weeks and I'll say it again this week......... Man united better keep a clean sheet tomorrow! I've been banking on my 2 United defenders to save me every single week for the past 4 weeks, and it's happened every week. I'm fearing that 5 clean sheets in a row is too much to ask of them but QPR at home should be a certain clean sheet, right? RIGHT??

you have a point. but while Johnson's out injured he's the preferred choice (even with Pog) up front for me. I think he could sneak another goal against Chelsea, they'll be pretty tired their 3rd game in less than a week... maybe I'm asking too much :D

I'll probably transfer him out after next week. and put a shrine to him in my back garden. even better than the one they have outside Craven Cottage of Wacko Jacko

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,237 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

I could understand it next week. but not now. Sunderland have Everton away, which is a very hard place to score. But Sess is one of those 'flair' players that seems to get in a huge amount of transfers even when he doesn't perform. I've noticed it. while Dempsey seems to go under peoples radars and get relatively little transfers in, even when he's performing magnificently. I understand about gw34, I'm considering getting Sess myself, but to do it this week with an away trip to Everton is a bit thick tbh I think (cue a goal there for him now). Not complaining really, coz Dempsey has become a bit of a 'differential', being only the top scoring bloody midfielder and all :D

One of the toughest decisions to sell Dempsey last night but Walcott should do very well over the next 2 games. After that, will get Demps back in I think for the DGW even though the fixtures aren't great.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,262 ✭✭✭iroced

I hate to say I told you so, but I f*cking told you so. Dempsey is the best midfield goalscorer in the game. End of. I'm amazed people are kicking themselves for dropping him or not starting him..... you should be kicking yourself because you didn't captain him :pac:

If he was playing at home I would have agreed with you. But before today he had scored 3 away goals out of his 13.

About the bold part did you captain him the 20 weeks or so he done nothing ? :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,049 ✭✭✭unkymo

56 points this week and still have Rooney(c), RVP and Walcott tomorrow!

Looking like I'll get at least 70 , have made up a load of ground this week.

unkymo wrote: »
    56 points this week and still have Rooney(c), RVP and Walcott tomorrow!

Looking like I'll get at least 70 , have made up a load of ground this week.

Nice one!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,839 ✭✭✭✭dahat

Bale is doubtfull for Norwich game,gw33.............

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,763 ✭✭✭Jax Teller

#MUFC; De Gea, Evra, Ferdinand, Evans, Rafael, Carrick, Scholes, Young, Valencia, Rooney, Welbeck” 

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,094 ✭✭✭SpaceCowb0y

dahat wrote: »
    Bale is doubtfull for Norwich game,gw33.............

Where did you hear that?

Where did you hear that?

Harry leaned out his car window and told me............;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,212 ✭✭✭PopTarts

#MUFC; De Gea, Evra, Ferdinand, Evans, Rafael, Carrick, Scholes, Young, Valencia, Rooney, Welbeck”

Great! Just need a Valencia hat trick now!

No chico so Rooney won't be playing as deep as he was against Blackburn. Good news :) Val and Young both starting but one of them will probably be replaced towards the end to give Nani a run.

No chico so Rooney won't be playing as deep as he was against Blackburn. Good news :) Val and Young both starting but one of them will probably be replaced towards the end to give Nani a run.

Nani is not on the bench afaik

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,416 ✭✭✭Jimmy Iovine

No Nani on the bench. Both wingers should get the whole game.

Subs: Amos, Jones, Giggs, Park, Hernandez, Cleverley, Pogba.

Pretty annoyed that Young starts this game now after my transfer. Valencia better make up for it.

Anyone know if United-QPR are on the radio anywhere? I'll be driving, but Radio5Live have the bloody rugby instead!

*edit*

Found TalkSport, nevermind.

*double edit*

Oh F that, they cut off at kick-off.

BBC sport giving me false hope. Reported that Zamora is not in the QPR line up today, on closer reading he's on the bench.

Please dont play, please dont play.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,797 ✭✭✭✭JPA

Anyone know if United-QPR are on the radio anywhere? I'll be driving, but Radio5Live have the bloody rugby instead!

*edit*

Found TalkSport, nevermind.

*double edit*

Oh F that, they cut off at kick-off.

Try news talk.

JPA wrote: »
    Try news talk.

Rugby. Rugby everywhere!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,939 ✭✭✭✭mailburner

come on capt rooney
    put this away

edit, good man

Rooney goal . Young assist

Rooney goal . Young assist

Keep the good news coming! I'm going blind today, so will require updates. But don't you dare report good news for Valencia! :mad:

:D

linesman looking straight at it. that's a pretty disgraceful decision

Derry sent off! Didn't know that. Sweet. Let's rack'em up Rooney and Young!

• Advertisement

As much as I hate it when Utd score, a goal from Evens would be quite sweet.

I don't fúcking believe this. Rooney and now Rafael with tackles from behind and neither booked. this referee is in the pocket

• Closed Accounts Posts: 287 ✭✭Maggie McGaggie

Valencia fouled in box. Ref didnt give it. Maybe because of earlier one.

Valencia fouled in box. Ref didnt give it. Maybe because of earlier one.

Wasn't a foul. He was just out-muscled

Valencia is playing shïte by his standards

Valencia is playing shïte by his standards

Wellbeck is playing to his usual standard. How does he play ahead of hernandez? United not creating much.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,094 ✭✭✭SpaceCowb0y

Thats enough from Rooney now! Tony V get ur ****ing finger out lad!!!
    Took a punt this week it better pay off!:eek:

Realistically, with a tiring 10 man QPR, United should end this game with at least 2 more goals. Still have hope of this game saving my week.

Ashley Young should be ashamed for his dive too. It disgusts me how such decisions ruin games

• Advertisement

I've counted the amount of complaints and calls of corruption in this thread as a result of Wigan being robbed by decisions made at Chelsea yesterday. Bearing in mind that the aftermath of that game lead to the most intense level of scrutiny and discussion by pundits and sports-news stations all last night.

This is why United have a reputation... fans only watch/remember/talk about their games. Always United. Never the rest.

Who will Mancini start up front today? Took a gamble on Tevez so hoping RM will pick him.

Ada boy Rooney. I knew they were due a penalty. Would not be surprised if they get another in this game. You hit the nail on the head with the post above Carlcon. I don't support united but I agree.

If you think about the amount of times United will be playing the ball around in QPR's box today and then think about how many times they are tackled in QPR's penalty area. The reason they get so many penalties is because they are always on the attack and constantly being tackled. Eventually one of those tackles will lead to a penalty. Foul or not, it's bound to happen. That's why, I think they get so many penalties, this b*llsh*t of United being favoured by refs is ridiculous. But all this is for another thread. Back to FF and Rooney needs either a hat-trick or 2 goals and an assist to make up for me not captaining Dempsey :pac:

Who will Mancini start up front today? Took a gamble on Tevez so hoping RM will pick him.

I think Tevez is nearly a certain starter at this stage. Aguero might also not start so that boosts Tevez's chances even more. I'm just wondering who'll be playing right back. Richards is on my bench but I hope he is starting and that he hasn't lost his place to Zaba. I wanna play Richards in the coming weeks and don't want anymore of this Full-back rotation s**t.

If Aguero is still out, Tevez should be ready enough by now. With everything that's been said about Balotelli in the past week, I wouldn't be surprised if he doesn't feature today either.

I can see Tevez and Dzeko starting.

Valencia had an assist for Welbeck ruled out for offside, for those of us who enjoy letting "what ifs" ruin our day. :)

• Advertisement

I've counted the amount of complaints and calls of corruption in this thread as a result of Wigan being robbed by decisions made at Chelsea yesterday. Bearing in mind that the aftermath of that game lead to the most intense level of scrutiny and discussion by pundits and sports-news stations all last night.

This is why United have a reputation... fans only watch/remember/talk about their games. Always United. Never the rest.

Well forgive more people for taking an interest in a game that has a relevance on the title race

more to the point is the overall standard of officiating. it has been atrocious in recent weeks. from Cisse's offside goal last week, to Chelsea's yesterday, and now this, it simply isn't good enough. the sad truth is that officials are untouchable. the same ones that make these terrible mistakes will be on the pitch officiating next week. if football and referreeing associations want players and managers to take more responsibility, then the least they can do is take responsibility themselves when they fúck up. but we all know they won't

Fergie please take Welbeck off. He is destroying half of United's attacks

Well forgive more people for taking an interest in a game that has a relevance on the title race

more to the point is the overall standard of officiating. it has been atrocious in recent weeks. from Cisse's offside goal last week, to Chelsea's yesterday, and now this, it simply isn't good enough. the sad truth is that officials are untouchable. the same ones that make these terrible mistakes will be on the pitch officiating next week. if football and referreeing associations want players and managers to take more responsibility, then the least they can do is take responsibility themselves when they fúck up. but we all know they won't

You make a good points but this is really the wrong thread!

rafael misses a sitter

C'mon dude, you know what I mean. You made 3 posts in the space of a few minutes referring to the "disgraceful decision", the "referee being in the pocket", and how Young should be "ashamed".

These gems mostly come out when United play, and we all know it. Doesn't matter whether it's a cup game, the first match of the season, or in the title run-in. If "the point is the overall standard of officiating", then you're entitled to that point. But what you've said was not referring that point - it was blatantly suggesting corruption and cheating from refs and United players. Which is just silly.

Some officials have been pretty awful at times this season - can't argue with that. But surely that's best fought out over in the soccer forum?

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement