Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Work Tools from home to canada

Options
  • 06-04-2012 5:12pm
    Registered Users Posts: 480 ✭✭

Hi all,i am a plumber and i was just wondering,did any of you trade men or women bring your work tools over to canada or was it just hand tools?if so can i ask in what method did you transport them with yous,thanks all;):D

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 447 ✭✭NoelAPM

An Post is the cheapest for under 30kg. I sent tools to Australia, 120 euro for 15kg. I sent two boxes at about 12kg each. cheapest courier after a m8 getting me a good price through knowing some1 was 280 for 30kg i think.

Canada should be cheaper than Australia since its not as far away.

• Registered Users Posts: 48 KenJG

seamus1980 wrote: »
    Hi all,i am a plumber and i was just wondering,did any of you trade men or women bring your work tools over to canada or was it just hand tools?if so can i ask in what method did you transport them with yous,thanks all;):D

Hows it going Seamus 1980, Im a plumber and I flew to Canada last week, I flew with Air transat for 220 to Toronto and checked my hand tools weighing 23kg as excess luggage for 80, then I flew onto Regina Saskatchewan the next day and it only cost $20 to check them as excess on an Air Canada flight.
    I brought only basic hand tools spanners, copper cutters, turbo torch, screw drivers , saw etc. My boss out here provides all power tools and if anythings needed tools are cheap enough in home depot and the like.
    Hope this helps

• Registered Users Posts: 480 ✭✭seamus1980

Thanks very much guys for the info;)

Advertisement