Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Firefall

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 167 ✭✭promethius42

Looks very good, definitely will have to give it a go when its released.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,932 ✭✭✭YouSavedMyLife

Open beta starts today. LoL? Heard nothing about it which is very odd since they seemed to pump **** loads of money into Firefall fest to give it publicity and now open beta comes around there is like less than 100 Viewers on twitchtv for the game. Yet games like Path of Exile gets 3 most viewers on twitchtv less than 1 hour after it goes open.

I am confusion

• Registered Users Posts: 2,995 ✭✭✭KilOit

Role playing hack and slash have a much bigger fanbase than firefall, not sure what genre you'd call firefall something of a mmo third person shooter with rpg elements. played it about a year ago in very early beta, seemed ok'ish

• Registered Users Posts: 3,274 ✭✭✭Monty - the one and only

I have 2 full beta keys left, I think if anyone here wants one, just pass me a pm and I'll send when i get home from work

• Registered Users Posts: 2,173 ✭✭✭D

I got in a while back and played it for a wee bit, it was quite early and not all of the areas were open. I found it a little bit repetitive and the weapons unimpressive but that was a while ago. How is it now?

• Advertisement

Depends on when "a while ago" was... Skill tree's got revamped, more areas have opened up, more "events", and a few new enemies types, and there' vehicals now, just bikes so far... but its a start

• Registered Users Posts: 921 ✭✭✭delta36

Read about this online earlier. Seems interesting. Anyone got any keys?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,000 ✭✭✭wonderboysam

Played it during the free beta this weekend, really enjoy the combat system(reminds me of UT) but despite playing the game for approx 10 hours I still don't know what the fock I'm doing! All I want is an mmo with a good combat system AND a good questing/rpg side too, is that too much to ask?? :(

Oh we'll I'll continue playing and hopefully one day I'll understand what's going on! :D

Played it during the free beta this weekend, really enjoy the combat system(reminds me of UT) but despite playing the game for approx 10 hours I still don't know what the fock I'm doing! All I want is an mmo with a good combat system AND a good questing/rpg side too, is that too much to ask?? :(

Oh we'll I'll continue playing and hopefully one day I'll understand what's going on! :D

The tutorial and story stuff aren't in yet... or rather the improved versions are not back in yet.

The forums have a few guides worth reading.

• Registered Users Posts: 184 ✭✭YuM

Anyone got a spare key? Looks interesting, being a Tribes junkie and ex WoW nut.

Tis ok - got one :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,000 ✭✭✭wonderboysam

Killed one of those tornados with a few friends today took yonks!

• Registered Users Posts: 921 ✭✭✭delta36

Played this a little bit so far, found it.. interesting, pity my laptop can't handle it all that well. In other news, Warcry were giving away beta keys (and possibly still have some left): http://www.warcry.com/contests/register/FirefallBeta1

I got one from there and have since been given 5 beta keys to distribute, so if anyone wants one, let me know.

• Registered Users Posts: 94 ✭✭WuuZii

Open Beta for this started today, I have been playing for a few days, almost solid despite the daystars shiny brilliance.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,739 ✭✭✭BigEejit

I've given it a shot as well, really like it, some nice USP's.

However it is a beta and you will the odd broken feature.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭Big Knox

Early access is live for this. Anyone pick it up? Will probably give it a go when it goes live on free the end of the month!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,383 ✭✭✭Dave_The_Sheep

I thought this had died, to be honest. It wasn't great back a year or two ago, though I heard they had to make massive changes. For the positive?

I thought this had died, to be honest. It wasn't great back a year or two ago, though I heard they had to make massive changes. For the positive?

Haven't looked too much into it but the streamer I was watching said it has improved massively since beta and he was enjoying it!

I've been playing it. Good fun, but you need to get in with a good army though to get the most out of it. There are lots of new areas, npc's and missions since it went live. It is still in early access which is probably just as well, there have been some bugged missions etc and they are patching daily.

Overall, there is now a proper progression path and there is plenty of stuff to do. I suspect that research and manufacturing will get tweaked ... possibly some of the higher level mobs will get toned down (gun on chosen thumper is just insane)

BigEejit wrote: »
    I've been playing it. Good fun, but you need to get in with a good army though to get the most out of it. There are lots of new areas, npc's and missions since it went live. It is still in early access which is probably just as well, there have been some bugged missions etc and they are patching daily.

Overall, there is now a proper progression path and there is plenty of stuff to do. I suspect that research and manufacturing will get tweaked ... possibly some of the higher level mobs will get toned down (gun on chosen thumper is just insane)

So would you recommend it in its current state or would it be better to wait awhile?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,186 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

I'll give it a shot this weekend. Played it around 2 years ago in early beta, and it was alright, so it'll be interesting to see how it is now.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,744 ✭✭✭✭degrassinoel

wow, how long has this been in beta? they've made a complete bollocks of the launch - been trying to get through the first part of the tutorial mission for over an hour. It's stuck in an endless loop it seems, shortly after you pick your armour it just restarts the entire thing again lol

• Registered Users Posts: 4,122 ✭✭✭BeerWolf

wow, how long has this been in beta? they've made a complete bollocks of the launch - been trying to get through the first part of the tutorial mission for over an hour. It's stuck in an endless loop it seems, shortly after you pick your armour it just restarts the entire thing again lol

And I just downloaded it overnight looking forward to trying out the game later today... :(

[Downloads are an issue to me cause I'm on mobile broadband... data allowance, /woo ]

• Registered Users Posts: 10,744 ✭✭✭✭degrassinoel

yeah i'm really not impressed at all lol - the servers are down apparently at the moment too, maybe they're patching/hotfixing it

Lads it was an MMO launch day. What did you expect? :pac:

I let it go for a few hours then played a bit last night when the server load wasn't as bad. Seems fun at least, will play a bit more this evening!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,122 ✭✭✭BeerWolf

Alright, played a few hours of it --- the game's rather... boring after awhile :|

Visually, the game's kinda like a fusion with Gears of War [Big burly men in big, thick armor] and Borderlands. :pac:

Just a question - are quests from the Jobs noticeboard limited or will it just continuously churn out random quests?

• Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭alex_r

Guys I missed on Sunday big event there.. Dev played Chosen.. Awesome play!
    http:// www firefallthegame.com/news/chosen-offensive-returns-this-sunday

Unfortunately end game is poor in this game .... the crafting system is utterly broken

Playing against chosen devs is fun alright, but all too rare

BigEejit wrote: »
    Unfortunately end game is poor in this game .... the crafting system is utterly broken

Playing against chosen devs is fun alright, but all too rare

BigEejit, I hear you! But when did you played it last time?
    The game improved dramatically since its beta and release. Better battlebframes, better and more events, crossfire events that pop up around you all day long. As you progress there is new maps, events, missions..
    It only takes some pation to pimp your batlleframes. But I guess that's almost in any MMO-FPS like that.

Not to mention when you play in squads and armies of your friends that's a lot of different fun.. Playin on your own is not that entertaining I have to admit.. This is MMO and has to be played in COOP style

• Advertisement

I have not played in two or three weeks, but I have 10 frames at lvl 40, 6 of them since the game left beta and the remaining frames are all lvl 35+. I was playing with a bunch of guys, but when you play enough you get to see the exact same thing 10 times a day, we all moved to archeage.

PVP is a disaster because some frames are completely OP (raptor properly specced and electron for example) and others are just plain useless.

The game still needs a lot of work.

Advertisement