Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

M7 - Naas/Newbridge Bypass Upgrade [Junction 9a now open]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,310 ✭✭✭alias no.9

Isn’t there also one coming up onto the Chapelizod by-pass from Kylemore Road heading WB?

That's to give priority to the bus lane

• Registered Users Posts: 4,485 ✭✭✭harr

So what’s the story Monday coming? Are we to see changes in speed limits and or opening of new junctions/ roundabouts.
    What’s the official line or were changes for the 23rd scraped.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,348 ✭✭✭GhostyMcGhost

harr wrote: »
    So what’s the story Monday coming? Are we to see changes in speed limits and or opening of new junctions/ roundabouts.

We’ll find out on 23rd. But since it’s Christmas week, KCC will be gone home and we’ll be treated to a stony silence till the new year

We’ll find out on 23rd. But since it’s Christmas week, KCC will be gone home and we’ll be treated to a stony silence till the new year
    How convenient

• Registered Users Posts: 736 ✭✭✭BuzzFish

As it stands the speed limit reverts to 120 on the 24th as the below notice is inclusive of the 23rd

If no new notice is published the legal speed limit will revert at midnight on the 24th. Kildare Co.Co. have previously issued an extension on the the day after though so we have no idea until the 24th and technically it could be 120 for 8-10 hours on the 24th before Kildare Co.Co get into work, have their coffee, stop for a chat, pop to the jacks and think about maybe getting onto to contractor to see how they are getting on.... no pressure though lads. :D:D

http://kildare.ie/CountyCouncil/PressReleasesAdverts/TemporaryRoadWorksSpeedLimitOrderM9M7N7Mon9Dec.html

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 678 ✭✭✭jmkennedyie

BuzzFish wrote: »

If you are referring to legal status of limit on Dec 9th, just for clarity that notice dated Monday Dec 9th on KCC website was published in national press - Independent - on Sat Dec 7th.

M7upgrade.com for the last few days says "the 80 km per hour speed restriction will be remain in place until further notice".

Suggests to me no limit change planned for next week

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,697 ✭✭✭MaceFace

Speed restriction remains

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 1,334 Mod ✭✭✭✭croo

MaceFace wrote: »
    Speed restriction remains
    but increased 100km/h if I read correctly?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,906 ✭✭✭Cazale

Is February still autumn?

croo wrote: »
    but increased 100km/h if I read correctly?
    No don’t think so that 100 is the stretch before you hit the 80km section... I think

Anyway it’s obvious now that KCC don’t have the foggiest what’s going on and the contractors are not answerable to anyone

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 1,334 Mod ✭✭✭✭croo

No don’t think so that 100 is the stretch before you hit the 80km section... I think

Anyway it’s obvious now that KCC don’t have the foggiest what’s going on and the contractors are not answerable to anyone
    :( wishful thinking on part so

• Registered Users Posts: 10,478 ✭✭✭✭tom1ie

Just drove from the m9 onto the n7 Dublin bound. What’s the story with that junction, the final road surface is very undulating, the white lines seem to have very “sharp” changes in direction instead of a more smooth curve.
    Doesn’t seem like the best job.
    I drove to portlaoise from Dublin the other day and noted there were issues at the m9 junction on that side also.
    Will this all be signed off I wonder?

• Registered Users Posts: 736 ✭✭✭BuzzFish

Dropped a note to my local TD for Kildare North today. I wonder will it yield any update??

498057.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 12,820 ✭✭✭✭mfceiling

Drove up and down it yesterday in the rain and was amazed by the surface water on it. Was there no "fall" or camber to allow the water to run off it? Was comfortable enough tipping along at 80kmh in the first lane but cars were absolutely bombing past me at easily over 120. Wouldn't like to start aquaplaning at those speeds!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,101 ✭✭✭KBurke85

Dropped a note to my local TD for Kildare North today. I wonder will it yield any update??

498057.jpg

Two things from this

1) you wont hear from untill mid Jan prob. The Td's are on their holibops.

2) You vote Fine gael :eek::D

• Registered Users Posts: 862 ✭✭✭regedit

498057.jpg

Well done for that email @BuzzFish.
    You should have probably mentioned the substandard quality of work resulting in a bumpy finish (my car has a good suspension and others have commented already). Not sure if a heavyroad rolelr could do anything to improve the uneven surface or is it the case that I am moaning to much and we just need to be heppy it's finally finishing...
    Shame no one from SIAC had the decency (even from a PR standpoint) to come here and explain to me, an ignoramus what on earth is happening

• Registered Users Posts: 800 ✭✭✭SeeMoreBut

They are waiting on the esb to wire up the lights which is causing a delay. Only esb can do it

• Registered Users Posts: 1,081 ✭✭✭Rulmeq

SeeMoreBut wrote: »
    They are waiting on the esb to wire up the lights which is causing a delay. Only esb can do it

Didn't the ESB sell off the street lights?

• Registered Users Posts: 17,988 ✭✭✭✭Mantis Toboggan

We've heard that one before.

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

We've heard that one before.
    A set of traffic lights were installed in Athlone recently, they were off for about two ot three months after the installation, waiting for the ESB to plug them in.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,383 ✭✭✭WishUWereHere

498057.jpg

Well done OP. Sadly, our fg td is a joke & I would say it’s a waste of time emailing him - Hayden i’m Referring to.

It’s an absolute clusterfook if J9a is not opened until Feb 2nd.

Might as well kick it back to April 1st

It’s an absolute clusterfook if J9a is not opened until Feb 2nd.

Might as well kick it back to April 1st

I would say J10 is also a total clusterfcuk. Brand new junction opened & one of the first signs one comes across when heading SB is uneven surface.

What a shambles!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 28,861 ✭✭✭✭_Kaiser_

Why am I again not surprised?

Whoever is managing this project should be fired for gross incompetence at this stage.

Once again, instead of actual delivery, we have yet another last minute moving of goalposts.

Of course if they had actually started these works when they originally sectioned the entire road rather than leaving most of it idle for months it probably WOULD have been done months ago, rather than almost a year later now!

The crowd behind this should never get another contract in this country again.

• Registered Users Posts: 678 ✭✭✭jmkennedyie

Fairplay @Buzzfish, suggest trying the Naas MD Councillors too as they are supposed to be the direct line into KCC.

I was in the area today and J10 is not finished yet either BTW - still missing a layer - but, two lanes are restored in both directions on the Naas <> Newbridge R445 and all traffic was flowing well evening rush hour. No hint of the backlog mentioned a few days ago when they just had the one lane open each way.

Oh - and the Osberstown road has reopened too, a few days earlier than scheduled (it was closed for water pipe laying)

• Registered Users Posts: 28,861 ✭✭✭✭_Kaiser_

Actually, I had a different thought earlier about this latest delay and moving it into February.

I wonder would someone in FG be looking for a big media piece shortly before the upcoming election?

(EDIT: Although I see BuzzFish had the same thought now that I can read his email - was tiny on mobile :D)

_Kaiser_ wrote: »
    Actually, I had a different thought earlier about this latest delay and moving it into February.

I wonder would someone in FG be looking for a big media piece shortly before the upcoming election?
    Buzzfish mentions this in his email to his local FG rep ... I hadn’t taught of that being a possibility but it definitely sounds plausible. That Martin Hayden lad would turn up to an opening of an envelope if he taught a camera was somewhere nearby.

Buzzfish mentions this in his email to his local FG rep ... I hadn’t taught of that being a possibility but it definitely sounds plausible. That Martin Hayden lad would turn up to an opening of an envelope if he taught a camera was somewhere nearby.

Regarding Hayden, it’s sad to have to admit You are 100% spot on Harr.

What amazed me is Hayden was first past the post in the last election, just hope voters open their eyes this time and smell the roses.

Don’t forget Shane Ross...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,413 ✭✭✭✭road_high

Regarding Hayden, it’s sad to have to admit You are 100% spot on Harr.

What amazed me is Hayden was first past the post in the last election, just hope voters open their eyes this time and smell the roses.

I’m from neighboring constituency and he comes across as particularly inept and clueless. Loves a good photo op piggybacking on other people’s work but zero input of his own to get things done. D reann is severely lacking in “doers” these days. Lots of dead wood only interested in the status quo and avoiding any hassle whatsoever

Advertisement