Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

M7 - Naas/Newbridge Bypass Upgrade [Junction 9a now open]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,257 ✭✭✭SoupyNorman

marno21 wrote: »
    ...Reduced speed limits to remain in operation until the project is complete in early 2020...

Ah so close and yet so far.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,414 ✭✭✭prunudo

When its finished will it be 120 or 100 like the 3 lane parts of m50 and n7?

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 14,409 Mod ✭✭✭✭marno21

jvan wrote: »
    When its finished will it be 120 or 100 like the 3 lane parts of m50 and n7?
    120km/h like the 3 lane stretch of the M1.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,244 ✭✭✭sea12

3 lanes to be open on M7 from April. The 2 interchanges and the Sallins bypass to open in early 2020.

https://www.irishtimes.com/news/ireland/irish-news/m7-three-lane-motorway-to-open-ahead-of-schedule-in-april-1.3753743

Reduced speed limits to remain in operation until the project is complete in early 2020. It's unclear if this is the entire stretch or just the parts around the interchange works.

The director of services of Kildare council on Newstalk this morning mentioned September I think.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,244 ✭✭✭sea12

What a ****e interview by Newstalk guy. No questions on why they didn’t look for earlier completion opportunity, no talk of park and ride option etc

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,190 ✭✭✭pad199207

sea12 wrote: »
    What a ****e interview by Newstalk guy. No questions on why they didn’t look for earlier completion opportunity, no talk of park and ride option etc

Yes, a real wasted opportunity in terms of a New Rail Station and P+R facility.

• Registered Users Posts: 678 ✭✭✭jmkennedyie

https://www.irishtimes.com/news/ireland/irish-news/m7-three-lane-motorway-to-open-ahead-of-schedule-in-april-1.3753743

Reduced speed limits to remain in operation until the project is complete in early 2020. It's unclear if this is the entire stretch or just the parts around the interchange works.

Yep confusing. Article also says "The motorway’s speed limit is scheduled to be reassessed once the three lanes open in April, according to TII."

• Registered Users Posts: 19,413 ✭✭✭✭road_high

pad199207 wrote: »
    Yes, a real wasted opportunity in terms of a New Rail Station and P+R facility.

Park and ride would be fantastic alright and would take a lot of traffic off the M7. Pity we don’t have a rail company actually interested in selling a service

road_high wrote: »
    Park and ride would be fantastic alright and would take a lot of traffic off the M7. Pity we don’t have a rail company actually interested in selling a service

I know, and to think they have a new disused station up at Kishogue doing nothing.

• Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭FredFunk

road_high wrote: »

You need to have the DART underground in place. If you were offered a service where you could park your car at Sallins P+R and get a train right into the city centre (not just Heuston nor the slow Phoenix Park Tunnel) it would be a no brainer. There would be no harm in building it now as you would get certain customers).

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,427 ✭✭✭ZX7R

Driving home this morning got me thinking,if the cold weather that may come at the end of the month.if the m7 does get hit by a fall of snow the whole works and roads are just going to be a complete stand still the way the road works are layed out it would be near impossible to clear the snow away.
    Food for thought.

• Registered Users Posts: 840 ✭✭✭toe_knee

Saw tonight coming home, the number of offenders is now 4,678, which equates to €374,240.

Well now...........
    That's assuming the fines are 80. I got a fine of 120. I need to ring them about it during the week to see why it was so high

toe_knee wrote: »
    That's assuming the fines are 80. I got a fine of 120. I need to ring them about it during the week to see why it was so high

It's €120 if not paid within 28 days, you either misread the notice or it's a second notice.

• Registered Users Posts: 840 ✭✭✭toe_knee

I may double check when I get home. Caught on the 24th so not 28 days over. Very possible misread

Major Gas Leak at the Naas South Junction. Wonder did anybody hit anything.

https://www.facebook.com/540079676081294/posts/2046415742114339/

• Registered Users Posts: 146 ✭✭Mrs Dempsey

Possibly a dietary thing? :D

• Registered Users Posts: 736 ✭✭✭BuzzFish

I passed a speed van at 22:30 coming between the M9/M7 merge and J9 on Tuesday night. Don't assume they are only out at rush hour/daylight times!

Also, I took a few of pics from KerryGroup yesterday of the new J9a:

470662.jpg

470663.jpg

470664.jpg

BuzzFish wrote: »

Also, I took a few of pics from KerryGroup yesterday of the new J9a:
    Thank you. Reminds me - anyone know intent of that low bridge on far right of pics 2 and 3?
    Local access to lake by employees? general public? landowner? vehicles? wildlife???

• Registered Users Posts: 736 ✭✭✭BuzzFish

Thank you. Reminds me - anyone know intent of that low bridge on far right of pics 2 and 3?
    Local access to lake by employees? general public? landowner? vehicles? wildlife???

Not employees anyway as land on otherside is not Kerry's. I'd say wildlife as very narrow.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,902 ✭✭✭Chris_5339762

No split there tonight when I drove through! Must have happened as I don't think I could miss that...

• Registered Users Posts: 325 ✭✭Dero123

Seemed to be a big of work being done today around junction 10. First time on it in daylight since Christmas and they seem to be speeding it up. Roll on April

• Registered Users Posts: 28,865 ✭✭✭✭_Kaiser_

Dero123 wrote: »
    Seemed to be a big of work being done today around junction 10. First time on it in daylight since Christmas and they seem to be speeding it up. Roll on April

They have to. I personally don't think the deadline will be hit as Jan-Mar has been the worst time of the year from a weather perspective in recent years, and they have a lot to do between J10 and 11.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,383 ✭✭✭WishUWereHere

See them working late tonight on the M7 SB around Tesco....

Also see the 'score' gone up to 6,572......one hell of a money maker for someone!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,575 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

See them working late tonight on the M7 SB around Tesco....

Also see the 'score' gone up to 6,572......one hell of a money maker for someone!

I wouldn't be surprised to see at least 1 person lose their licence because of points picked up through the road works.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,906 ✭✭✭Cazale

No wonder. There are signs everywhere yet loads of people are still flying through it.

• Registered Users Posts: 736 ✭✭✭TCM

MichealD wrote:
    The difference between driving at a constant 60kph and and a constant 100kph over the whole 13.5km is less than five minutes and a half minutes. Anyone who risks their licence (or worse) for a saving like that deserves everything they get.

I drove that section the other morning at 2am. The 60 speed limit is beyond idiotic.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 751 ✭✭✭Perifect

TCM wrote: »
    I drove that section the other morning at 2am. The 60 speed limit is beyond idiotic.

What would you have done if you got where you were going 5 minutes quicker?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,656 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

Thats really something else, I remember it being circa 2,200 around Christmas Day. Judge Desmond Zaidan is going to be busy all summer.

Advertisement