Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How to Unlock Vodafone Smartphone

Options
  • 06-04-2012 6:11pm
    Registered Users Posts: 26,151 ✭✭✭✭

Hi,

I have a free handset from Vodafone, a Vodafone Smartphone, and I want to unlock it from the network.

Is there any way I can unlock it online?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,381 ✭✭✭✭Paulw

You can do it via the vodafone website. Login and follow the path to unlocking.

I unlocked mine yesterday through the website.

• Registered Users Posts: 105 ✭✭alibride

i moved from 02 to 3 it took apple 2 days to unlock my phone!! now im on three the coverage is crap so need to go back to 02 as best in the area so how to i unlock from 3?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,381 ✭✭✭✭Paulw

Once the handset is unlocked, it's unlocked.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,151 ✭✭✭✭Berty

Elaboration:

Phone is just out of the box and was free. My sister is back from Australia for 2 weeks next week and I want her to be able to use it with a spare sim I have.

Vodafone want €120 to unlock it. I don't want to spend more than €20 unlocking it because it will go straight back in a drawer soon enough.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,907 ✭✭✭✭Kristopherus

Try www.fastgsm.com. Usually costs about $20. all done via email and in 30 to 40 mins. With some smarefones you can do it via usb cable for about half the price.

• Advertisement
  • Site Banned Posts: 8 emmett123

you can unlock your vodafone using codes. you can get the codes either from your service provider or from other online providers like superunlockcodes.com

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 9,949 ✭✭✭mik_da_man

Cheapest option might be to get a new vodafone sim...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,959 ✭✭✭Jesus Shaves

alibride wrote: »
    i moved from 02 to 3 it took apple 2 days to unlock my phone!! now im on three the coverage is crap so need to go back to 02 as best in the area so how to i unlock from 3?

Your phone is already unlocked

Advertisement