Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Skin care for guys ? Advice?

• 06-04-2012 6:28pm
    Registered Users Posts: 662 ✭✭✭

Hey folks,

think this is the right section, couldnt find another one except health and fitness so..

Just wondering about general skin care for guys. I know these days it's good to be mosturising and stuff like, or using anti wrinkle cream to keep your face looking healthy and not tired.

What is a good mosturiser to get and anti wrinkle cream? The last 2 mosturisers I got seem kinda oily and leave my forehead really shiney or greasy looking after an hour or so..

any experience here or any tips ? wanna take care of it now so in ten years I dont look like a beaten up potatoe skin

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 623 ✭✭✭Shy_Dave!

Moisturiser-wise I find the 'Simple' range good.
    They have different moisturiser's depending on whether you want to fight spots/fight oily skin etc.

Most of the time I just use Astral at night, makes skin look very shiny/oily.
    I leave it overnight, shower the next morning and my very fair skin hardly ever flakes/feels tight anymore and is clear for the most part!

What kind of skin-type do you have? Might be easy for us to advise -
    Is it generally oily or dry, or a combination?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,954 ✭✭✭✭Larianne

Sun screen is the best anti-wrinkle cream around. :)

I have been using L'Oreal men expert wrinkle decrease moisturiser for several years and find it great.
    ... and before anyone says it, yes, i am worth it!!! Lol

• Registered Users Posts: 49 brambo

I'm using Kiehls Facial Fuel at the moment. It works as both an aftershave balm and moisturiser (at least that's what I think the lovely Portugese lady in Lisbon airport was trying to say). Anyway, it leaves a refreshing/tingly feel which I like.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,925 ✭✭✭Otis Driftwood

Moved from tGC.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 561 ✭✭✭slowmoe

I've seen quite a large mens skincare section in harvey nichols at the back? Might be worth a look?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 424 ✭✭beauty101

The Elemis Men's skincare products in Harvey Nichols is brilliant. Start off with a simple face scrub and a light moisturiser..keep it simple.

If you get into a routine with those you can always add in an eye cream/face wash

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,722 Mod ✭✭✭✭Twee.

No need to look for "mens'" only brands, often the only difference is the smell! There is a broader range of cheaper/mid priced products if you're willing to look past specifically mens.

Saying that, The Body Shop, Clarins and Clinique do nice mens' ranges.

+1 on Larianne's point, you can get a moisturiser with SPF protection.

You might also look into a face wash or gentle exfoliator (scrubs off dead skin), to use before moisturiser. I find it leaves my skin looking very clear and fresh.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 AvonMan

Kiehl's products are great. The Facial Fuel Anti Wrinkle Cream is definitely worth a try. I sometimes use Elizabeth Arden Eight Hour Intensive Body Moisturiser on my face, especially post shave, and it is absolutely brilliant.
    Don't restrict yourself to men's only and while some brands can be considered expensive, they generally last for ages so are worth the investment.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 940 ✭✭✭Tabitharose

my other half likes the no 7 face creams (with built in spf) & scrubs, particularly good since I regularly get those €7.50 off vouchers :)

• Advertisement
Advertisement