Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Need study advice for the real learning subject's

• 06-04-2012 7:30pm
    Registered Users Posts: 286 ✭✭

So basically my language subjects I find are easy for me English is grand and maths is fine too. But when it comes to the real learning subjects I find them pretty hard. I don't know how to study them and I just write out the book cause it's the only way I some of the material goes I'n to my brain. The main problem subjects for me is Biology and business. Please can you give good techniques of studying them as I don't know what the F### to do to get it I'n me.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,572 ✭✭✭Canard

Oh god I feel your pain, I'm the exact same. Languages are fine, the rest are a disaster. I just do all the exam questions, its the only way of revising them that doesnt switch off my brain - and since its repetitive enough its useful :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 151 ✭✭galwaymusic

Well Biology..just do past papers. It is quite repetitive.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 192 ✭✭secretambition

Don't "write out the book". Hopefully your teacher gives you good notes. If they don't make your own, but your notes have to be "learnable" You can't learn a whole book off by heart. Then learn these notes as you go and keep going over them regularly. If you leave them for weeks, you have to learn them again from scratch which is really unproductive. Whereas if you spend half an hour learning it today, it will take you 5 minutes to go over it tomorrow.

I don't know why I'm answering so many leaving cert threads today. If ye knew how old I was ye'd laugh.:pac:

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 93 ✭✭smurphy11

try to understand the concepts, rather than learning them off by heart

• Registered Users Posts: 179 ✭✭siobhanod93

For Biology, do all the questions at the end of the chapters

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,989 ✭✭✭PictureFrame

mossy95 wrote: »
    So basically my language subjects I find are easy for me English is grand and maths is fine too. But when it comes to the real learning subjects I find them pretty hard. I don't know how to study them and I just write out the book cause it's the only way I some of the material goes I'n to my brain. The main problem subjects for me is Biology and business. Please can you give good techniques of studying them as I don't know what the F### to do to get it I'n me.
    Business is a gorgeous subject! I love it. I got an A1 in the Mock (94%) by just paying attention in class and doing the exam papers! Practise your SQ too, they're invaluable for getting top marks (albeit I only got 73/80 in the Shorts in the Mocks). Also, the ABQ's are simple, ensure you know your specific units by heart. Practise them in your papers (they give samples also), keep revising and you'll do very well!

Hoping for an A1 again in June, my Teacher would be disgusted if I failed to get the A1! :P Good luck! Business is beautiful :D hoping to become a Business & Economics teacher after College! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭siobhan93

mossy95 wrote: »

Get folens rapid revision book for biology.. it's literally the bestrevision book out there. Just know each chap in depth. Also, if you know the 22 experiments off by heart that'll get you some marks because they always come up in Q7-9 :)

Advertisement