Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Carlow TD - Opinions

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭sinsin

Villain wrote: »
    The fact that big Phil is a minister I would have thought he would have been getting Pat in a lot more publicity to make sure they hold the seat next time around but then again given Phil's performance maybe Pat doesn't want to stand too close!

Phil will never stand again.
    You will never get to shake your fist at his bald head.
    He is on his way to Europe,that is the deal......he enforces the diktats and then he is off to Brussels.
    Phil was Brutons' bag man he was in on all the Lowry,O'Brien,Desmond machinations.
    Ask any older FG member...He is their Ray Burke.

CMCR wrote: »
    Funding for services is not always about the big-ticket items. In February this year a grant of €700,000 was announced for improvements to the southern relief road in Carlow, more than €400,000 was provided for improvements to the swimming pools in Graiguecullen and Bagenalstown last year, €86,000+ was approved last year for outdoor gym equipment in Tullow, Oakpark and Bagenalstown. They're just a few examples of funding from one Department for facilities/services - there are others I am sure too.

You do realise that the State has collapsed and is completely bankrupt and is only being kept alive until 2013 when Germany has everything in place.
    You realise that we cannot ever pay these banking losses and no one will bail us out.Unless you think we have leprechauns.

Sorry for being smart.Irish news is censored keeping the people in LaLa Land.You need to source your financial new from non government MSM sources.If you need some sources,I can give you some blogs which are about 4 months ahead of the Irish News sources.

foggy_lad wrote: »
    You would have to find out why the investigation into planning irregularities in Carlow has been shelved by the current Government but my guess is that several Fine Gael members of both the town and County councils would be in very deep water, up to their necks in it!
    I missed that.
    I would have thought that they were too scared with all the Tribunals going on.
    I lost track with the jerry built apartments and the cardboard houses.
    The big money is in Commercial.
    Fair Green???
    Doyles blocking Green Lane?
    The gutting of the town accompanied by Nazi car parking guidelines.

But I think the culprit has flown:mad:

But they completely wrecked the town,it has regressed 50 years in the past ten.
    But you get what you deserve.
    Gangsters and Gobdaws are admired.

kwalshe wrote: »
    Genuine question, I agree that the Visual is an amazing facility in Carlow, but what road and sporting facilities are you talking about? The M9 is and inter urban road that happens to pass Carlow and I'm not aware of any proper sports facilities in Carlow apart from Dr. Cullen Pk.
    IT very good.Eire Og,Carlow Town Hurling..I am not up to speed on the Rugby club,the Blues and Graigue...basic I would think?
    Laurence O'Toole and the Pres Secondary.

Soccer..St Pats.
    Soccer always took the money,no community spirit.

We are well fixed.

fruitcow wrote: »
    I'm interested in getting anyone's opinion on the only TD elected from Carlow County in the last election.

Has Pat Deering done anything particularly good for Carlow since the election? I've had a look at his website but most of the postings are fairly generic and nothing hugely impressive IMO.

Basically, did we get what we voted for in this guy?

He took the family council seat. Michael was his uncle.
    Kilkenny FG always nobble Carlow FG to ensure that a weak moron is elected who will never be a threat in a close contest.
    Browne was fed up as some local FG were Big Phil operatives.
    Big swing to FG in comes Deering, OK for funerals and GAA but will never be Minister for Anything.
    That is politics.
    The same constituency rules apply in FF.
    That is why Carlow was split not KK.

It has always been so.Tom Nolan and Des Governey held the line for a few years but now it has reverted.

• Advertisement

Comparing MJ Nolan to Pat Deering is like comparing a donkey to an ass.
    Agreed but MJ has at least 30 IQ points on him.

• Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭Jacques Thelad

sinsin wrote: »
    I can give you some blogs which are about 4 months ahead of the Irish News sources.

Please do. And before any moderators jump on us, this IS relevant to Carlow.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,593 ✭✭✭tommycahir

Please do. And before any moderators jump on us, this IS relevant to Carlow.

Actually I would be interested in those also..

BTW I agree it is relevant to Carlow as to how our elected TD is performing.

• Registered Users Posts: 16 CMCR

sinsin wrote: »
    You do realise that the State has collapsed and is completely bankrupt and is only being kept alive until 2013 when Germany has everything in place.
    You realise that we cannot ever pay these banking losses and no one will bail us out.Unless you think we have leprechauns.

Sorry for being smart.Irish news is censored keeping the people in LaLa Land.You need to source your financial new from non government MSM sources.If you need some sources,I can give you some blogs which are about 4 months ahead of the Irish News sources.

The State has not collapsed but we are in an IMF programme. I don't disute that latter fact. Suggesting the State has collapsed suggests that there is no law and order, no public services, widespread public looting, and so on.

thanks for the advice on blogs, but I have no interest in sourcing my information from unofficial sources and relying instead on some randomers who have an agenda. Finally, the figures I quoted earlier regarding funding for projects in Carlow are accurate and are already in the public domain.

• Registered Users Posts: 114 ✭✭royston_vasey

Perhaps the reason Mr. Deering has been so anonymous is because it takes him all month to lodge his expenses

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AlxJrxiwB44XdGJZcG0tUVI2aWVGZzdkUThWZG1FTHc#gid=0

Original source: http://www.thejournal.ie/one-third-of-tds-return-e210k-in-unused-expenses-for-2011-477434-Jun2012/

Nice to see Big Phil return €11.90 - sharing the pain.

• Advertisement
Advertisement