Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tiger Woods 13

Options
  • 06-04-2012 7:48pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 7,397 ✭✭✭

Anyone get it? Is it any good? I haven't had a Tiger Woods game for a while because it seems everything is DLC.
    Is there much of a difference between the normal version and the Masters version? I was going to probably play it with the normal controller, might give it a go with the move.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 31,911 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

It's what, €70? Crazy expensive.
    Is that the normal price range for a PS3 game? I got a PS3 this week and would love a Tiger Woods game.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,397 ✭✭✭Paparazzo

Just checked amazon, the masters one costs €60 delivered. Not cheap. Games are normally €50, this one seems expensive. If you're looking at the PS store it's probably €70, normal new releases are really expensive there.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,057 ✭✭✭Krusader

http://www.zavvi.com/games/platforms/ps3/tiger-woods-pga-tour-13-masters-collector-s-edition/10596082.html

€46 for the MAsters Collection edition, add an extra €2 for delivery

Crosáidí wrote: »
    http://www.zavvi.com/games/platforms/ps3/tiger-woods-pga-tour-13-masters-collector-s-edition/10596082.html

Not bad, just bought it there, cheers. I'll give it a review next week.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,057 ✭✭✭Krusader

It's hard to beat Zavvi for console games, prefer them to amazon as delivery charges can border on the ridiculous there.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,163 ✭✭✭Beefy78

I usually get a Tiger Woods game every three or four years. Last one I got was 09. I wanted to buy last year's but boycotted it due to the excessive DLC. I won't support a game where half the basic courses you need to play the season mode cost extra (and the DLC wasn't just a little extra).

If they've taken a step back on that then I may get 13. I do love my Tiger Woods games.

• Site Banned Posts: 26,456 ✭✭✭✭Nuri Sahin

Crosáidí wrote: »

I <3 you :D

Big time fan of the TW series but the timing and price was a put off till the summer until I saw your post.

Beefy78 wrote: »
    I usually get a Tiger Woods game every three or four years. Last one I got was 09. I wanted to buy last year's but boycotted it due to the excessive DLC. I won't support a game where half the basic courses you need to play the season mode cost extra (and the DLC wasn't just a little extra.

If they've taken a step back on that then I may get 13. I do love my Tiger Woods games.

I had last years and while there was a decent enough collection of courses, the prices for the DLC ones was ridicules.
    Something like E7 PER COURSE :eek:

I'd have considered paying maybe E20 for 10+ and even then they were getting soft money considering most of the courses were in older versions at some point.
    Not a hope in hell would I pay between E5-7 for each one.
    Serious rip off.

Exactly. I don't mind paying extra for new courses brought out a few months later, but not for courses which clearly could have been put into the game on day one. It's not like the game itself is cheap considering it's a yearly release.

Difference between the normal version and the masters collectors edition is 6 extra courses.
    Par 3 at Augusta
    Oakmont
    PGA National Champion Course
    The Old White TPC
    Pinehurst No. 2
    Straits Course at Whistling Straits

It's 19 courses in total, so I doubt you'll need any DLC. I think it's 20 courses if you count the par 3 at Augusta.
    Only bad reviews on amazon seems to be playing 2 player doesn't increase your player stats. That's very annoying if you play 2 player a lot. Doesn't bother me too much though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,406 ✭✭✭brianon

I think there are 11 courses via DLC. However, you can buy them using coins (in game currency) which you earn as you play.You basically buy a round at these courses for coins (6k for 1 round, 9k for 2 rounds, 12k for 3 rounds).

As you play a course you can complete objectives. Complete all objectives on a DLC course and you then have it for free and unlimited use.

I've Spyglass half mastered. Another 3 rounds and should have all of it and then it's mine for unlimited use.

BTW. I've the 360 version. IMO the game plays superbly but it has many bugs right now.

Any chance of moving this to 'Games' forum so 360 users can contribute :) ?

Oh and btw. Got mine for 50€ in Gamestop. They only have the Collectors/Masters edition.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,307 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

brianon wrote: »
    Any chance of moving this to 'Games' forum so 360 users can contribute :) ?

Moved.

Cheers F1ngers.

So anybody buy this for 360 ? Fancy creating a clubhouse ?

Never played a tiger woods game online, but it would be interesting. I'm guessing everyone online has their players stats all up as far as they can go, with the best clubs etc?
    Anyone ever do it? What should I expect? People quitting a game after a bad hole?

Paparazzo wrote: »
    Never played a tiger woods game online, but it would be interesting. I'm guessing everyone online has their players stats all up as far as they can go, with the best clubs etc?
    Anyone ever do it? What should I expect? People quitting a game after a bad hole?

There's a fair share of dickheads like any game these days, but overall, the genuine golf fans out there make it one of the better communities.

Some people do quit after a bad hole namely during Stroke Play because a lot of the times there really is little margin for error in amateur and pro difficulty which is what most play.

As for online, yeah I'd highly recommend getting you're stats up to max before even bothering with it. It's been what, 2 weeks since it's release and a fair few would have max stats by now I imagine. Only took me a week in TW12 to max out stats, obviously no idea how it is this year around till the game is delivered to me in a couple of days time :)

Sod it, I think I'll pick this up this weekend.

-Ade- wrote: »
    There's a fair share of dickheads like any game these days, but overall, the genuine golf fans out there make it one of the better communities.

Some people do quit after a bad hole namely during Stroke Play because a lot of the times there really is little margin for error in amateur and pro difficulty which is what most play.

As for online, yeah I'd highly recommend getting you're stats up to max before even bothering with it. It's been what, 2 weeks since it's release and a fair few would have max stats by now I imagine. Only took me a week in TW12 to max out stats, obviously no idea how it is this year around till the game is delivered to me in a couple of days time :)

Cool, so max out the stats first, makes sense. Should be good online, if a few of us get it we could start a mini tournament. Just thinking, last TW game I had was on the PS2, so should be a decent change for me. Like a few others, I used to get it every second game, but always had one on the go.

Beefy78, buy it now on zavii and you might have it by friday

Yeah I was the same, every 2nd game I bought for a good few years till now. Don't know if you played the demo, but worth downloading and having a bit of a gander at it because there is a big overhaul to the game compared to last year.

I set up a Boards clubhouse sometime ago when the demo came out :D May need to retrieve password though but when I do, I'll post it on here or perhaps the PS forum.

-Ade- wrote: »
    Yeah I was the same, every 2nd game I bought for a good few years till now. Don't know if you played the demo, but worth downloading and having a bit of a gander at it because there is a big overhaul to the game compared to last year.

I set up a Boards clubhouse sometime ago when the demo came out :D May need to retrieve password though but when I do, I'll post it on here or perhaps the PS forum.

Haven't bothered with the demo, the game should arrive soon. Although, Zavvi says it's "awaiting dispatch" still!
    But a boards clubhouse would be good, need a couple of weeks to build up my stats and a few others to get the game. Can you still create a golfer with massive boobs? Felt like a pervo when my mates called over and I was playing TW with a big boobed female golfer with my name.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 672 ✭✭✭Shifty Shellshock

I just created a country club for xbox users It's called IRELAND FOREVER so look it up. Using tour pro settings, I'll always be on hand to set-up a tournament. So please join and let's make up the numbers.

• Registered Users Posts: 800 ✭✭✭faigs

What's it like? Are the crowd graphics any better than '12? That really annoyed me because it was so bad, looked like no effort was put into it!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,977 ✭✭✭Soby

Anyone else the way the swing line for you to follow puts you off ?. Makes me always swing crook it to the left

• Registered Users Posts: 2,671 ✭✭✭Darwin

Paparazzo wrote: »
    Haven't bothered with the demo, the game should arrive soon. Although, Zavvi says it's "awaiting dispatch" still!
    But a boards clubhouse would be good, need a couple of weeks to build up my stats and a few others to get the game. Can you still create a golfer with massive boobs? Felt like a pervo when my mates called over and I was playing TW with a big boobed female golfer with my name.

Just wondering if you got your game yet? Mine was dispatched April 3rd (9 days ago) and still no sign of anything. Will be using amazon in future regardless of price.

Darwin wrote: »
    Just wondering if you got your game yet? Mine was dispatched April 3rd (9 days ago) and still no sign of anything. Will be using amazon in future regardless of price.

No, haven't got it yet. Ordered on the 6th, think the status changed from "processing" to "dispached" only yesterday!
    In the meantime, ordered a DVD on amazon 2 days ago and it's delivered already.
    Late delivery isn't bothering me too much, but it'd be nice to get it tomorrow.

Just picked this up today.

If you're in a club but just play yourself, do you still get the coins boost, or do you have to play with club members?

I joined one earlier with 5 stars and 24 lads, but do I need to interact with them or is it the same to just play away yourself?.

I just created a country club for xbox users It's called IRELAND FOREVER so look it up. Using tour pro settings, I'll always be on hand to set-up a tournament. So please join and let's make up the numbers.

I'll check it out.

Still no game! Darwin, you get yours yet?

• Registered Users Posts: 456 ✭✭Browning2010

Got this game with the new xbox last week, loving it so far, I just started 'Tigers Legacy' , I think its a great feature. I haven't played a TW game since 07 but I'm hooked again.

• Advertisement

Is it still extremely easy to get very low rounds and therefore you need to shoot sub-60 to be competative?

That's literally the only issue I have with these games. In 09 you can shoot four straight rounds of six or seven under par and not be close to the top ten in tournaments.

Advertisement