Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tiger Woods 13

Options
13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,057 ✭✭✭Krusader

Good club to join for PS3 ??

Crosáidí wrote: »
    Good club to join for PS3 ??

Makes no end really.

Just try find one with active members that has the 7% Bonus(2-5-7% max)
    The more members that play in a week, the bigger the pool to be divided.
    There's not really any way of gauging a club bar on a week by week basis.

So just get into whatever one has 20-24 with over 10 active this week(usually few more come on by the weekend) and only reassess if the weekly actives drop below 10ish.

Just make sure when/if you ever more, you wait until the weeks leaderboards are finished, start a new club with a fresh slate instead of waiting built up status points.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,163 ✭✭✭Beefy78

My copy of the game just arrived. Very exciting.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,397 ✭✭✭Paparazzo

What's the best gamemode to build up stats for your player? Mine are all around 50 atm.
    If you've just bought it, equip the masters clubs. Way better than the standard ones.

Is there some tutorial in the game to take you through the stance and all that bollocks? I can't really get my head around it.

• Advertisement

I haven't tried to draw/fade shots yet. Managed 22 under after 2 rounds in my first tournament without it, so it probably isn't too important.
    There is instructions on one of the menus, not sure if it's a tutorial. Last menu on the right I think

brianon wrote: »
    Clubs (equipment) and XP.

You can use a Pin attachment that gives you 5 times your regular XP also.

What's the story with these pin attachments? Am I right in thinking that I've a finite amount of these and shouldn't be adding them to three-hole practice games?

Paparazzo wrote: »
    I haven't tried to draw/fade shots yet. Managed 22 under after 2 rounds in my first tournament without it, so it probably isn't too important.
    There is instructions on one of the menus, not sure if it's a tutorial. Last menu on the right I think

Yeah I read the instructions but they don't really explain it that well - or it wasn't going in. They did make it out to be a big deal though.

Might see if there are some tutorials on Youtube. I'm finding the change from 09 to 13 quite challenging as there are a lot of gradual evolutions there that I guess I've missed.

Beefy78 wrote: »
    What's the story with these pin attachments? Am I right in thinking that I've a finite amount of these and shouldn't be adding them to three-hole practice games?

I pissed all mine away on the 3 hole match play practice games and have none left. I dont have a clue what the story is with them, you can buy new ones with coins. And you collect coins as you play (i think) or you can buy coins in the shop with real money. Fúck that. I just skip past the pins screen now.

Beefy78 wrote: »

Yip, no point wasting them on anything other than an 18 hole game.
    The refills cost 1000s and if you've any aspirations in earning the DLC courses any time soon I'd advise against wasting ANY coins on packs/refills.

150,000 coins gets you 11 courses.
    In a few weeks I'm only on 55,000 now but think of it in the long run, in another month and a half I'll have 11 new courses to reignite my interest, then I think I just need to use my coins for 3 more.

The only other alternative to owning the DLC courses would be 18,000 for unlimited rounds(You need 100 pars for mastery so that's a min of 5+ rounds anyway so no point buying 1,2,3 round options) but the 150,000 option is the cheapest overall, though you won't be playing any of the DLC's for a few weeks.

• Advertisement

Yip, no point wasting them on anything other than an 18 hole game.
    The refills cost 1000s and if you've any aspirations in earning the DLC courses any time soon I'd advise against wasting ANY coins on packs/refills.

150,000 coins gets you 11 courses.
    In a few weeks I'm only on 55,000 now but think of it in the long run, in another month and a half I'll have 11 new courses to reignite my interest, then I think I just need to use my coins for 3 more.

The only other alternative to owning the DLC courses would be 18,000 for unlimited rounds(You need 100 pars for mastery so that's a min of 5+ rounds anyway so no point buying 1,2,3 round options) but the 150,000 option is the cheapest overall, though you won't be playing any of the DLC's for a few weeks.

So you don't bother with the pins since your original ones ran out? Glad I didn't waste any coins on pins then.

Paparazzo wrote: »
    So you don't bother with the pins since your original ones ran out? Glad I didn't waste any coins on pins then.

Nah at the end of the day, they may not even be worth any extra shots during a round.
    You can still get round birdie or better once your Pro reaches 60-70s all round.
    The X5 XP pins would have been handy but I'll keep slogging with my own guy.

You'll still get mastery on all courses in around 6 rounds since the only long one is 100 pars or better, wouldn't need pins for that.

Get to 150,000, get the 11 courses, then you can buy pin packs after that.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,880 ✭✭✭Macker1

The Xp multiplier pins really help get the player attributes up quickly. So worth having some of those.

Macker1 wrote: »
    The Xp multiplier pins really help get the player attributes up quickly. So worth having some of those.

True but refills cost 1000s and at the end of the day, having a better golfer doesn't amount of getting any more coins.
    And most would probably want the courses ASAP.

You can even play with TW online if having a weaker player bothers you that much, but since there's no extra bonus for winning a game, there's no reason to bother with any boost perks or XP multipliers.

My guy now is just about 70 in every attribute, and bar losing a few yards off the Tee, I can still birdie or better every hole.
    There are only a few instances(some long par 5s and/or wind against the swing) where the lad/lads I was playing were able to make Par 5s where I just hadn't the distance but you're not really playing the player online, more working towards your own Course Mastery.
    Beating an online opponent is just a tiny personal bonus, game doesn't reward you anything.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,880 ✭✭✭Macker1

True but refills cost 1000s and at the end of the day, having a better golfer doesn't amount of getting any more coins.
    And most would probably want the courses ASAP.

You can even play with TW online if having a weaker player bothers you that much, but since there's no extra bonus for winning a game, there's no reason to bother with any boost perks or XP multipliers.

My guy now is just about 70 in every attribute, and bar losing a few yards off the Tee, I can still birdie or better every hole.
    There are only a few instances(some long par 5s and/or wind against the swing) where the lad/lads I was playing were able to make Par 5s where I just hadn't the distance but you're not really playing the player online, more working towards your own Course Mastery.
    Beating an online opponent is just a tiny personal bonus, game doesn't reward you anything.

Yes Agreed. The XP pin is handy to quickly update your player attributes at the beginning but I do realise that this is only required to a point when getting the good scores are not being hampered by weak attribute levels.

PS..... Are there Masters Clubs as options in the game I have the collectors edition on the 360. Found Them !!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,071 ✭✭✭✭wp_rathead

finally got around to playing this game online- amazing the people you play just seem so much sounder
    after my first game (lost pretty baddly) I got a message going "thanks for the game"
    I'm used to getting rage messges from FIFA d!cks so was a nice surprise:)

does boards.ie have a club house set up?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,057 ✭✭✭Krusader

wprathead wrote: »
    finally got around to playing this game online- amazing the people you play just seem so much sounder
    after my first game (lost pretty baddly) I got a message going "thanks for the game"
    I'm used to getting rage messges from FIFA d!cks so was a nice surprise:)

does boards.ie have a club house set up?

Dont think so, the advice on here is to join a large public club because the higher the club grade the more coin bonuses you get (clubs achieve this by having players playing the game everyday) , so you can buy the other courses.
    Also if you log on 4 days in a row with a club you get 1000 coins bonus

Have been hammered online my self , my golfer's not in the 60s skill bracket yet, its tough going to earn decent xp to upskill your golfer

• Registered Users Posts: 2,194 ✭✭✭osnola ibax

Is there anydifference between ps3 and xbox with this game

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,054 ✭✭✭luckyfrank

looking to get play date achievment on this four players as toddlers, im finding it impossible to do it online, anyone wanna help, ill return the favour for any cheevo you want

Advertisement