Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Upgrading from iPhone 4 to 4s query

• 06-04-2012 7:52pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,101 ✭✭✭

Hi My wife is due an upgrade on her iPhone. However we don't have a laptop. We jus use internet on the phone. Will she lose all the apps on the existing phone? Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,794 ✭✭✭cookie1977

no. The apps are tied to the itunes account and can be moved to a new iphone. Signing into the itunes on the new iphone will allow her to download the old apps again

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

If you're using icloud backup then do a backup from the old phone up to "the cloud". Then use that to update the new phone.

http://www.macworld.com/article/1163093/moving_to_an_iphone_4s.html

• Registered Users Posts: 1,101 ✭✭✭Antibac

biko wrote: »
    If you're using icloud backup then do a backup from the old phone up to "the cloud". Then use that to update the new phone.

http://www.macworld.com/article/1163093/moving_to_an_iphone_4s.html

I'm not using ios5. How do I get it? Doesn't seem to be on app store?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,146 ✭✭✭CathalDublin

Antibac wrote: »
    I'm not using ios5. How do I get it? Doesn't seem to be on app store?

You'd need to update the phone in itunes on a mac or PC

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,021 ✭✭✭3DataModem

You dont need to connect to a computer to update.

Settings -> General -> Software Update

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 367 ✭✭pogsick

3DataModem wrote: »
    You dont need to connect to a computer to update.

Settings -> General -> Software Update

that is a feature of IOS 5, you need to have IOS 5 before that is an available option in settings

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,533 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

Antibac wrote: »
    Hi My wife is due an upgrade on her iPhone. However we don't have a laptop. We jus use internet on the phone. Will she lose all the apps on the existing phone? Thanks

If you have a phone that doesn't have iOS5 then how did you activate the phone in the first place?

You had to have connected it to a computer or did the phone shop do it for you. A bad practise by shop if not explained properly in my opinion.

Either way, if you get a new phone, the app store Updates tab will have a purchased tab and you can download all your purchased apps from there, once you are signed in of course!

You will however have lost any texts, mails, and internet favourites, wifi networks,phone settings,that's why you should connect it to a computer, sync in itunes. Then restore to new phone, then upgrade to iOS 5 which will enable you to activate iCloud backup and over the air updates.

Hope this helps.

Advertisement