Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

iphone 4 unlocking

• 06-04-2012 8:01pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 11

:confused:hi could somebody please help me out...i received my nac code from vodafone for my iphone 4...they do not give you any instructions on how to enter them...any help welcome.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,794 ✭✭✭cookie1977

Normally the iphone is unlocked through itunes via a sync. Have you tried syncing?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11 bettyboo45

:confused: no i am not to sure how to do that.

plug the iphone into a pc/mac. Open itunes and sync it. Make sure you're logged into your itunes account

:confused: exactly what do i do...what do i do with the nac code...do i have to enter it into the phone...how do i save all my music and photos.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,004 Mod ✭✭✭✭whiterebel

You don't get a NAC Code for iPhones. Restore it in iTunes to unlock. Not being funny here, but are you sure its an iPhone?

• Advertisement

:confused: could you please explain exactly what to do...i am a bit of a newbie to this

bettyboo45 wrote: »
    :confused: could you please explain exactly what to do...i am a bit of a newbie to this

as i said:
    plug the iphone into a pc/mac. Open itunes and sync it (click sync in itunes). Make sure you're logged into your itunes account

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,212 ✭✭✭✭Tom Dunne

bettyboo45 wrote: »

Can you confirm it is definitely an iPhone?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,146 ✭✭✭CathalDublin

Vodafone should not have given you a NAC, they should have just requested the unlock from apple then you just do as was said by cookie
    cookie1977 wrote: »
    plug the iphone into a pc/mac. Open itunes and sync it. Make sure you're logged into your itunes account

:confused: 100% sure its an iphone 4...applied for the nac code from vodafone...i had to top up by 120 euros...about 1 week later...as a matter of fact wednesday i got a text message from vodafone with the nac code.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,212 ✭✭✭✭Tom Dunne

From the Vodafone Talk to... forum where you posted:
    iPhones do not have unlock codes,and a request will always be sent to our admin team, who will contact Apple to have the handset unlocked.
    If it is an iPhone then there is no code.

So you must have been sent the code in error.

Your best bet is to ring Vodafone.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,146 ✭✭✭CathalDublin

Ive unlocked dozens of iphones over the years and you unlock them the way cookie said above, regardless of whether or not vodafone gave you a NAC code, plug it into itunes, sign into itunes account and sync the phone, if it doesn't unlock call vodafone as they may have mistaken your phone for a different model

:confused: thanks everybody for all your replies and help...i will get onto vodafone in the morning.

• Registered Users, Subscribers, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,585 ✭✭✭✭antodeco

I think what everyone is thinking that the best option for you, is to take out your sim card. Put the cables/charger together. Put them all in a box and return it for a. Nokia :D

:confused: ok i connected my iphone 4 to i tunes this morning and synced it to unlock it...i am afraid it did not work...is there anything else i have to do.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,497 ✭✭✭✭guil

Sync it with a different sim installed. It doesn't sound as if Vodafone have applied for the unlock properly so give them a ring

Advertisement