Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Burger King Drogheda

Options
  • 06-04-2012 8:11pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,101 ✭✭✭

Just heard rumour they opening in Drogheda. Anyone else hear this. Any ideas were they opening?

Comments

If there was anyone in this town with any sense, they'd give Burger King the cafe space in the abbey shopping centre, rent free for two years, to get them in there. They'd draw a decent crowd and (perhaps) get people heading into the abbey centre a bit more. Place is dead as it is (or at least the town centre).

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,455 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Yeap, heard they are moving in across the road from The Westcourt or there abouts on West Street.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,600 ✭✭✭✭CMpunked

Wahey! The final of the fast food giants to nestle into the town! Rejoice! The recession is over! :D

I like burger king but i dread to think how overrun with teenagers and scummers its going to be...

Yeap, heard they are moving in across the road from The Westcourt or there abouts on West Street.

Well they are spoilt for choice in units, the euro shop, Sundays gate and the shoe shop. (im assuming thats gone? been a while since i was across west street.)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,101 ✭✭✭Antibac

The shoe shop is now a butchers. The more high profile names on west street the better. Maybe it'll bring more in. I heard months ago there was supposed to be a Starbucks dunno were.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,455 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Antibac wrote: »
    The shoe shop is now a butchers.

And better yet, it's the butchers that used to be in Bryanstown. Was devastated when they moved out, so thrilled they are back in business.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 11,786 ✭✭✭✭whelan1

isit going to be a drive through? when i said to ds that burger king was coming, he said is it going to be a kierans motors?

• Registered Users Posts: 802 ✭✭✭Mylow

whelan1 wrote: »
    isit going to be a drive through? when i said to ds that burger king was coming, he said is it going to be a kierans motors?

Kierans Motors site is going to be a Hyundai and Skoda dealership.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

all I can say is....... om nom nom nom nom ...... nom :o

• Registered Users Posts: 243 ✭✭Chibs

I hear its going to be where Hubert Tullys old place is next door to Kevin McAllister. But thats whats going around could be wrong. It makes sense only place that would be big enough on west street. Maybe it might be like a Dublin one with upstairs seating. Cant wait :D

• Registered Users Posts: 14,600 ✭✭✭✭CMpunked

Chibs wrote: »
    I hear its going to be where Hubert Tullys old place is next door to Kevin McAllister. But thats whats going around could be wrong. It makes sense only place that would be big enough on west street. Maybe it might be like a Dublin one with upstairs seating. Cant wait :D

And open 24 hours at weekends.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 7,683 Mod ✭✭✭✭delly

The circle of fast food outlets in Drogheda is nearly complete then. 8 years since I became a blow-in and my number 1 preference will soon arrive. Happy days!

• Registered Users Posts: 183 ✭✭brian_bugle

Anyone hear anything else on this since first mentioned on here in April?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,983 ✭✭✭Darksaga87

whelan1 wrote: »

Sorry, but whats this?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,222 ✭✭✭bigneacy

Darksaga87 wrote: »
    Sorry, but whats this?

Its a horrible shorthand word for "my son" i.e. darling son.

To the best of my knowledge the use of this term along with dd for darling daugher dh and dw for husband and wife are either heavily frowned upon or outright banned on boards because they are stupid and annoying. /rant

• Registered Users Posts: 17,875 ✭✭✭✭MugMugs

It's a shame we don't have a good BK in Dundalk.

There's one in the Marshes but frankly, I'd rather pull teeth than park my car and navigate my way to the end of the Marshes to get to it.

Next stop after that is the services but thats just as tedious.

When's it due to open ?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,222 ✭✭✭bigneacy

MugMugs wrote: »
    It's a shame we don't have a good BK in Dundalk.

There's one in the Marshes but frankly, I'd rather pull teeth than park my car and navigate my way to the end of the Marshes to get to it.

Next stop after that is the services but thats just as tedious.

When's it due to open ?

That Burger King in the marshes has been badly managed from the get go. I'm not sure if management has changed but if not it needs to be.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,627 ✭✭✭tedpan

Just heard that they are finally opening a BK in Drogheda.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,631 ✭✭✭Aint Eazy Being Cheezy

tedpan wrote: »

Where?

• Registered Users Posts: 992 ✭✭✭fh041205

tedpan wrote: »

Do we need to guess where it'll be? I always wondered why there wasn't one in Scotch Hall. There's a new development on West street near Giulo's chipper. Seems to be some apartments and commercial space.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,627 ✭✭✭tedpan

fh041205 wrote: »
    Do we need to guess where it'll be? I always wondered why there wasn't one in Scotch Hall. There's a new development on West street near Giulo's chipper. Seems to be some apartments and commercial space.

Apologies guys. My Dad said it to me during the week. He's mates with the guy that owns the McDonalds in Drogheda and he said it was coming in 2017.

I asked him where, this evening but he's unsure on location. He better be right..

• Advertisement

Oh, just a thought. What about the new building at the M1 retail park? It's right at the entrance to the place. Looks like it'll be a car place but you never know.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,249 ✭✭✭kbell

Oh, just a thought. What about the new building at the M1 retail park? It's right at the entrance to the place. Looks like it'll be a car place but you never know.

That's a new Toyota dealership,Malone's,
    They're currently in the old Boyne cars plebe across from mother Hughs.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,699 ✭✭✭uli84

OOh im waiting for Nando's ....

• Registered Users Posts: 2,363 ✭✭✭washiskin

Has anyone been in KFC recently? It's in some state inside. I wonder is it getting a rebrand? :eek:

washiskin wrote: »
    Has anyone been in KFC recently? It's in some state inside. I wonder is it getting a rebrand? :eek:

construction or cleanliness?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,363 ✭✭✭washiskin

construction or cleanliness?

Both, to a degree. A lot of the paneling has been taken off the walls and the fixed tables have been removed, leaving big dirty patches on the floor. :confused:

Advertisement