Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Vodafone 16GB MicroSD

Options
  • 06-04-2012 8:17pm
    Registered Users Posts: 813 ✭✭✭

Vodafone want you to pay wha' :eek: for a 16GB MicroSD? :mad:

Wonder if they sell many :rolleyes:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,540 ✭✭✭JTMan

Aimed at the totally ignorant.

Same product is around a tenner on ebay.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,084 ✭✭✭✭ejmaztec

Unbelievable, did they forget to mention that it comes with a free phone?

• Registered Users Posts: 32,382 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

Chancers, one other point is some places might buy stock, have it priced high, it never sells and so depreciation kicks in and snowballs. But you might have some stubborn accounts people refusing to accept this and so keep prices high. Or other politics might be going on, some department refusing to admit it is so low in value and keeps their stock figures artificially high.

I remember seeing small independent camera & electronics shops similarly having ludicrous prices on stuff.

I met my mate & his missus buying a camera in the sony store and told them right there that the card they asked for with it would be €20 less downstairs in tesco, but she still bought it, I think partly because it was branded sony and the camera was sony.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,455 ✭✭✭✭coylemj

Add-ons like memory cards are a classic way to catch the customer out and retrieve the proft the store is giving away with headline discounts. The same happens with the €60 'gold plated' HDMI cables the electrical shops will try to sell you with the TV that they are selling for a knock-down price.

Camera bags are another major 'gotcha', huge profit margins for what is usually a piece of plastic with a zip.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

Unbelievable :eek:
    Unfortunately, some people who know no different are obviously paying this . Corporations the size of Vodafone must be negotiating deals getting these for half nothing.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,208 ✭✭✭keithclancy

Wow ...

Thats some price difference :D

http://www.digitalsonline.nl/pagina/p/5/id/MIC16GBKI-C4R/mic16gbki-c4r.html

The Vodafone page is weird, it says Kingston in the description and then the picture shows Transcend ???

• Registered Users Posts: 813 ✭✭✭CaSCaDe711

Even Maplins are cheaper than that VF effort :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,477 ✭✭✭skinny90

am i right in saying that its 84€ not just for 16gb micro sd card....but for a 16gb class 2 micro sd card:eek:
    i picked up a 16gb class 10 for 30quid in a shop...was happy to pay the price even tho id probly pick one up for a about 10quid cheaper online

Advertisement