Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Robberies in Waterford

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 226 ✭✭Up2NoGood

WOW, I can't tell you guys how jaded ya sound... " Don't let anybody inside your house " " Have well trained dogs that only eat at your command ". Y'all must live in a different place....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,326 ✭✭✭S28382

Up2NoGood wrote: »
    WOW, I can't tell you guys how jaded ya sound... " Don't let anybody inside your house " " Have well trained dogs that only eat at your command ". Y'all must live in a different place....

Well yeah we all dont live in the same place :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,893 ✭✭✭allthedoyles

[QUOTE=Up2NoGood;79723624]WOW, I can't tell you guys how jaded ya sound... " Don't let anybody inside your house " " Have well trained dogs that only eat at your command ". Y'all must live in a different place....[/QUOTE]

your username says it all ........and there is no point '' in closing the door after the horse has bolted ''

• Registered Users Posts: 226 ✭✭Up2NoGood

Damn guys, All I'm saying is keep an open mind...My user name? We all don't live in the same place?...grasping

• Registered Users Posts: 5,171 ✭✭✭hardybuck

Up2NoGood wrote: »

Explain to me how that sounds jaded? Tired, bored or lacking enthusiasm?

If you've dogs on a hunt, you can't have them eating things they find along the way. Farmers tend to leave poison around the place for various reasons, this will obviously lead to dead dogs if they eat everything they see. Similarly, you can't have a gurrier of a dog eating every bit of food he sees in the house.

We're going off track here anyway. Dogs are the best deterrent. Alarms will only let you know when someone has got in, the dogs will let you know when the potential thieves are 20 yards away.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 42 funk junky

In my grannies by sunrise crescent they caught a seven year old break in grannies small kitchen window to open the door for the big lads. Luckily granny was out and a good neighbour saw them and called the Gardai

• Registered Users Posts: 1,269 ✭✭✭Tubbs4

Glad your granny were out and they got nothing. Glad the scum got caught nut at seven nothing will happen to him.

• Registered Users Posts: 739 ✭✭✭bradknowell

funk junky wrote: »
    In my grannies by sunrise crescent they caught a seven year old break in grannies small kitchen window to open the door for the big lads. Luckily granny was out and a good neighbour saw them and called the Gardai

7 year old? the little bollox.

• Registered Users Posts: 42 funk junky

The thing is that you'd almost feel sorry for him.not much of a chance when you start life like thst

• Registered Users Posts: 1,695 ✭✭✭Media999

Why can we not name and shame? These same people are in the paper every week yet no names appear here.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 9,034 Mod ✭✭✭✭Aquos76

A 10 year old and a 15 year old knocked off a house on Hennessey's Rd a little over a week ago also.

Aquos76 wrote: »
    A 10 year old and a 15 year old knocked off a house on Hennessey's Rd a little over a week ago also.

No way!! Jaysus christ. WhenI was 10 I was playing knockadolly. When I was 15 I was knacker drinking. Why cant kids just be like we used to be and not need to break into someones house.

• Registered Users Posts: 51,054 ✭✭✭✭Professey Chin

No way!! Jaysus christ. WhenI was 10 I was playing knockadolly. When I was 15 I was knacker drinking. Why cant kids just be like we used to be and not need to break into someones house.

Being a scumbag seems to be the cool thing to be at the moment. Needs more punching to put a stop to it

Being a scumbag seems to be the cool thing to be at the moment. Needs more punching to put a stop to it

To true. A god smack in the jaw would sort them out fairly lively.

To true. A god smack in the jaw would sort them out fairly lively.

It will not.

These people smack each other in the jaws for fun.

Start arresting parents whos children commit crimes. Mother o reilly spends a night in the cells when young Paddy gets arrested. See how much crime they commit then.

• Registered Users Posts: 51,054 ✭✭✭✭Professey Chin

Media999 wrote: »
    It will not.

No they don't. They're cowards on their own. Everything is opportunistic when they have surprise/numbers on their side. Always numbers/weapons.

No they don't. They're cowards on their own. Everything is opportunistic when they have surprise/numbers on their side. Always numbers/weapons.

The huge crimewave thats hit Ireland is not down to opportunism. Majority of Criminals are well planned and pretty much do this for a living.

People who are in and out of Prison. Prison to them is college to us. When someone breaks into a house and only takes cash , jewellery and your car. Thats not opportunism. Thats planned.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 232 ✭✭JenniFurr

The huge crimewave thats hit Ireland is not down to opportunism. Majority of Criminals are well planned and pretty much do this for a living.

People who are in and out of Prison. Prison to them is college to us. When someone breaks into a house and only takes cash , jewellery and your car. Thats not opportunism. Thats planned.

Very true. The sad fact is what these guys are doing is a job to them and for the most part they are very good at their job.

I've just moved to an area that gets robbed a lot and despite there being little to no young people living nearby there are always gangs of "scumbags" patrolling up and down streets every day. I feel very sorry for all the older folks on the street that live on their own.

Waterford is small enough to have CCTV on every main road in the City.

Then again. Look what the bent coppers did with that.

It costs probably over 100k a year to have a guard on the streets.

How may house alarms would you fit to elderly peoples houses for that bought in bulk? Might be time to think outside the box.

• Registered Users Posts: 427 ✭✭Plastikman_eire

It costs probably over 100k a year to have a guard on the streets.

How may house alarms would you fit to elderly peoples houses for that bought in bulk? Might be time to think outside the box.

Yeah, then we just have boxes that make noise and no one to respond to them.

Loving the Idea about banging up the parents of any little tramps-in-training that get busted.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,953 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

Then again. Look what the bent coppers did with that.

Great outlook there, one incident in over 2 years with the CCTV in and it's a scam by the Gardai for their own personal gain...

Unless they're monitored...

Loving the Idea about banging up the parents of any little tramps-in-training that get busted.

They would be wired into a central system where mobile guards would be paged instantly.

Silent alarm for 2 mins after message is sent to give the guards the jump, then blare loud alarm and maybe even a camera.

This would be all basic technology. Nothing new here.

• Registered Users Posts: 935 ✭✭✭giles lynchwood

Great outlook there, one incident in over 2 years with the CCTV in and it's a scam by the Gardai for their own personal gain...

One incident that we know about,how many time's have this practice gone undetected.
    Re prison and college.The IRA used to refer to Portlaoise prison as the university. The problem in Ireland is sentences are to short and therefore we have no real deterrent,prison should not be a pleasant experience.
    This little sh¡te will have some do gooder plead bad family life,abuse and bad company,the usual crap that is put foward in case'e like this.There will be doctor's report's,social worker's report's,family report's,etc etc all at our expense,for what,so that mommy's little darling feel's this is everybody's fault except his and will do it again just for all the attention he got.
    I think we should take a leaf out of Malaysia's book,where he would be taken to a child prison,strapped over a wooden support where his naked arse would receive from one to five lashes from a nice thick birch.He would think twice the next time he passed an open window.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,953 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

One incident that we know about,how many time's have this practice gone undetected.

I'm sure if it was rampant as you imply there'd be a lot more cases brought to light. We also don't hear of the hundreds of cases which receive a prosecution due to the cctv being there, unless of course it's a Garda that's involved in committing the crime.

I will agree with you on the sentencing though. There is no deterrent.

It will not.

These people are Bitches. A few times over the years I had run ins with a couple people. One that i remember , was 12 years ago now, only remember how long ago it was because my sister got such a fright she went into lagbour. 7or 8 lads surrounded me and I got headbutted in the back of the head, went forward obviously but pushed one of them into the wall behind him. Now im no chuck Norris so I done a usain bolt and got away. Took about 3 years but I caught 3 of them on their own and each time the little arseholes themselves. One couldn't remember the incident but I know for a fact he did. The other fella started crying so I didn't bother smacking him. He got the idea. The other fella apologised so I left him off. Still 1 fella that I would love to knock the head off him after all these years but I'm happy that the 3 I caught got the fright of their life so even if I don't catch yer man , ill be happy-ish.
    Moral of the story. They're all Bitches on their own

These people are Bitches. A few times over the years I had run ins with a couple people. One that i remember , was 12 years ago now, only remember how long ago it was because my sister got such a fright she went into lagbour. 7or 8 lads surrounded me and I got headbutted in the back of the head, went forward obviously but pushed one of them into the wall behind him. Now im no chuck Norris so I done a usain bolt and got away. Took about 3 years but I caught 3 of them on their own and each time the little arseholes themselves. One couldn't remember the incident but I know for a fact he did. The other fella started crying so I didn't bother smacking him. He got the idea. The other fella apologised so I left him off. Still 1 fella that I would love to knock the head off him after all these years but I'm happy that the 3 I caught got the fright of their life so even if I don't catch yer man , ill be happy-ish.

OK fair play to for getting your own back I suppose but I would never advise anyone to do something like this. I was almost robbed by two guys about three years ago. I would never attempt to do anything like, not because I'm a woman with no upper body strength but because you never know if one of them will pull a weapon. After the incident a cousin of one of my would-be-robbers was charged for murder after a fight/robbery got out of hand. I'd rather be an alive victim than a dead hero.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,065 ✭✭✭Fighting Irish

It will not.

Start arresting parents whos children commit crimes. Mother o reilly spends a night in the cells when young Paddy gets arrested. See how much crime they commit then.

Ye cos thats gonna fly

JenniFurr wrote: »
    OK fair play to for getting your own back I suppose but I would never advise anyone to do something like this. I was almost robbed by two guys about three years ago. I would never attempt to do anything like, not because I'm a woman with no upper body strength but because you never know if one of them will pull a weapon. After the incident a cousin of one of my would-be-robbers was charged for murder after a fight/robbery got out of hand. I'd rather be an alive victim than a dead hero.
    Totally understand where your coming from. I'm a silly bollox though so had to get me own back lol. Seriously though , I know what you mean.

If they where members of a certain community you wouldnt have thought twice about retaliation.

Most Scumbags from estates couldnt get 50 men together in an hour. But members of that certain community mostly have nothing but respect for their parents so lock the parents up for a week for first offence, 2 weeks for second offence etc.. Cut childrens allowance by 10 euro for every offence.

See what happens then.

• Advertisement

Totally understand where your coming from. I'm a silly bollox though so had to get me own back lol. Seriously though , I know what you mean.

If I had any strength I'd probably do the same myself but that one jujitsu move I learned when I was 14 would only get me so far!
    Cut childrens allowance by 10 euro for every offence.

See what happens then.

I very much like the sound of that!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement