Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Robberies in Waterford

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,245 ✭✭✭old gregg

That's not a knife, this is a knife.

• Registered Users Posts: 147 ✭✭bookworms

I see you've played knifey spooney before......

Seriously though things are getting out of hand. Bring back corporal punishment!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,196 ✭✭✭CardBordWindow

bookworms wrote: »
    I see you've played knifey spooney before......

Seriously though things are getting out of hand. Bring back capital punishment!
    FYP :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 499 ✭✭tankbarry

far as I am aware a mother of a Local young scumbag got arrested yesterday. I was told providing false aliby

• Registered Users Posts: 1,695 ✭✭✭Media999

tankbarry wrote: »
    far as I am aware a mother of a Local young scumbag got arrested yesterday. I was told providing false aliby

Lock her up.

Dirty scumbag.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 135 ✭✭watermark

just a heads up:
    cork road area this morning 2 young men knocked on my door. i didnt answer as i was on the phone, until one of them tried to open the door. i opened it and asked them what the f__k the wanted. they asked did i want my gutters cleaned. i said no and told them to f__k off. took the reg of the car and called the cops to report it. Can ya post ya post the car reg no on here?? if i hadnt been there im certain they would have got in. scum.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 232 ✭✭JenniFurr

watermark wrote: »
    just a heads up:
    cork road area this morning 2 young men knocked on my door. i didnt answer as i was on the phone, until one of them tried to open the door. i opened it and asked them what the f__k the wanted. they asked did i want my gutters cleaned. i said no and told them to f__k off. took the reg of the car and called the cops to report it. Can ya post ya post the car reg no on here?? if i hadnt been there im certain they would have got in. scum.

I've just moved to the area a few weeks ago and it's happened to me already but they just checked the handle. A neighbour got robbed in the middle of the day a few months back when he left his door unlocked to go to the corner shop.

watermark wrote: »
    just a heads up:

Post a picture of the same car. Not their car but the same car.

Then describe the two of them. Where they travellers?

We need to name and shame these scumbags.

JenniFurr wrote: »
    I've just moved to the area a few weeks ago and it's happened to me already but they just checked the handle. A neighbour got robbed in the middle of the day a few months back when he left his door unlocked to go to the corner shop.

its a joke to be fair! society is going down a dangerous road!
    Media999 wrote: »
    Post a picture of the same car. Not their car but the same car.

Then describe the two of them. Where they travellers?

We need to name and shame these scumbags.

it was a VW Passat (5 door) both were about 5-10, wearing gardening gloves. slim build. they didnt say much so cant tell if travellers or not.

i will post again if i see the car in the area.

this is my house and god help anybody that tries to break in! :mad:

So they just walk into houses these days. Cant even be bothered breaking in anymore.

What colour was the car? Any ideas what year?

• Advertisement

Media999 wrote: »
    So they just walk into houses these days. Cant even be bothered breaking in anymore.

What colour was the car? Any ideas what year?

it was a 98, silver car.

• Registered Users Posts: 739 ✭✭✭bradknowell

Just found out the house 3 doors up from me was robbed on Sunday during the day. Stole the telly and ransacked the upstairs. Wankbags

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,827 ✭✭✭ex_infantry man

Just found out the house 3 doors up from me was robbed on Sunday during the day. Stole the telly and ransacked the upstairs. Wankbags
    what area??

what area??

Crescent drive in hillview

• Registered Users Posts: 963 ✭✭✭cococoady

Weekend before last the missus uncle went away for a few days. Returned home to find someone tried to kick the back door in but failed. Kilcohan pk.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,637 ✭✭✭south

House done in Grange Manor the other morning around 9 I think. The owner was dropping the kids to school but a relation was in the house and they smashed in a window with golf clubs. I think there was 3 of them. The woman in the house ran out the back door and over a fence

• Registered Users Posts: 1,176 ✭✭✭johnnykilo

Just going through John's Park a few minutes ago, saw a guy in a tracksuit, baseball cap and a scarf over his face hop a wall and run down the main road with 2 chainsaws in his hand, closely followed by another guy with a laptop or something. Think it was from Killure Manor, seemed to be heading over towards Kilcohan, not a bother on them.

Rang then cops straight away anyway, hopefully they got the *****!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,055 ✭✭✭spankmemunkey

Just a note to people popping down the shops, stick a radio on and leave it on when you leave just as a deterant!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,118 ✭✭✭jo06555

Some dirtbags roaming our streets . If it's not armed robbery of shops it's daily burglaries . I heard on radio today 2 fellas broke into house with 2 occupants and beat them up before stealing tv etc and a old man had his card stolen by 2 foreigners in arundel sq.

• Registered Users Posts: 408 ✭✭Totally Tropical

There's been a lot of robberies lately alright.I also heard that someone was attacked in Thomas Hill recently after he refused to give cigarettes and money to two women.I think a bottle and hammer was used in the assault.I suppose all these robberies are being caused by drug addicts.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 51,054 ✭✭✭✭Professey Chin

There's been a lot of robberies lately alright.I also heard that someone was attacked in Thomas Hill recently after he refused to give cigarettes and money to two women.I think a bottle and hammer was used in the assault.I suppose all these robberies are being caused by drug addicts.

Few scagheads down around there. Mainly cause of 1 house

• Registered Users Posts: 6,645 ✭✭✭Luckycharms_74

jo06555 wrote: »
    Some dirtbags roaming our streets . If it's not armed robbery of shops it's daily burglaries . I heard on radio today 2 fellas broke into house with 2 occupants and beat them up before stealing tv etc and a old man had his card stolen by 2 foreigners in arundel sq.

That the sad state of society today. Things are going to get a lot worse coming up to Christmas :(.
    Lets all keep extra vigilant in our neighbourhoods & keep a eye out for our elder neighbours

• Registered Users Posts: 1,118 ✭✭✭jo06555

That the sad state of society today. Things are going to get a lot worse coming up to Christmas :(
    I know and gardai are not bothered at all as their is so many burglaries :( only way to stop the scum doing this is to make them afraid and hopefully v soon these scum break into the wrong house and get exactly what's coming to them !!!

jo06555 wrote: »
    I know and gardai are not bothered at all as their is so many burglaries :( only way to stop the scum doing this is to make them afraid and hopefully v soon these scum break into the wrong house and get exactly what's coming to them !!!

One of these should sort them out :P.
    I was using the flash light to find my keys officer, he happened to be in the way :cool:

sku_93228_1.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 355 ✭✭chelloveks

One of these should sort them out :P.
    I was using the flash light to find my keys officer, he happened to be in the way :cool:

sku_93228_1.jpg

Now you are thinking properly.....that is a great flashlight.....you could use it to perform a right colonoscopy after you helped a scumbag see the light!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,070 ✭✭✭Finnbar01

May I also suggest good quality hurleys or baseball bats, you know just to keep you fit like. :)

Finnbar01 wrote: »
    May I also suggest good quality hurleys or baseball bats, you know just to keep you fit like. :)

The Flashlight I linked also has a strobe light built in. You can disorientate them whilst you give them a few clouts :D

Martin hunt was allowed walk around with a hurley, why not us haha.

One of the lads just told me he got hopped on by 4 paddy dubhs last week and robbed of €270. He got a few slaps in on them before they got him on the ground though so at least the **** might have a sore head.

• Registered Users Posts: 355 ✭✭chelloveks

Great advice....they can keep you healthy in more ways than one!

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 350 ✭✭CRM Ireland

I was browsing on here because Ive never lived further south than North Dublin. So thought to myself that I will pop onto Boards and have a llok at info about Cork, Waterford, Wexford etc. Cork is quite expensive to rent, so was thinking about maybe Gorse, Wexford or Waterford. Reading all this really puts me off because I was a house just a little bit out of town, in the countryside, but withing 10-15 minutes walking distance to town. Ive a car, its the OH Im worried about when Im out at work.

Is Waterford as bad as this thread makes out?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement