Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dual modding a stick - Do I need both the Imp V2 and Cthulhu if I want one USB cable?

Options
  • 06-04-2012 10:19pm
    Registered Users Posts: 836 ✭✭✭

Hi all. I've been doing a bit of reading on dual modding my fightstick. I won't be the one dual modding as I have no real hardware experience. I can replace buttons and when I have to, I could probably replace the joystick as well but thats where it ends. My brother knows hardware quite well and has soldered a bunch of things in the past so I think he would be up for modding the stick. I know there is a thread on SRK called "Dual Modding 101" but there is a fair bit of technical jargon there that I don't get.

So as the thread title says, do I need both the Imp and the Cthulhu board to dual mod and use one USB cable or (from what I've gathered) only the Imp is needed? Cheers.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,396 ✭✭✭PPC

Wait and order a http://akishop-customs.com/PS360Plus.html and save a lot of heartache.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,707 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

Toodles has his own website, GodlikeControls.com

You need either:
    • Imp & Cthulhu
      OR
    • Chimp (combines the above in one package)

There are other options with the TE Kitty but it's more expensive.

• Registered Users Posts: 836 ✭✭✭Leprekaun

Thanks lads for the suggestions. I think I'll go ahead with the ChImp though. Tried and tested and seems to be the popular solution. I know the PS360+ board isn't out yet so it may be better but I'm looking for a solution right now and the ChImp isn't too bad on cost.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,707 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

And JUST to double-check: you ARE trying to add PS3 functionality to an Xbox 360 stick, right?

• Registered Users Posts: 836 ✭✭✭Leprekaun

Yeah, I've got a X360 stick and want to add PS3 functionality. I carefully made sure I was getting the right kit. I've decided to go with the TE Kitty though since its a cleaner setup inside (no additional wires for each button on the Cthulhu/ChImp).

I just got VF4: Evo off PSN and as it should be in comparison to VF5, Akira's Dragon Lance is as hard as ever with a pad, no shortcuts :pac: plus I remember getting EWGFs in Tekken better with a stick so PS3 functionality with a stick is quite vital.

Plus, with the MC support with the TE Kitty, sometime down the line, add the RJ-45 jack and get it working with my beloved Dreamcast!

• Advertisement
Advertisement