Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

City Centre Pub to watch the Masters

• 06-04-2012 10:24pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,144 ✭✭✭

Where would be a good spot to watch the Masters in Limerick tomorrow night?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 533 ✭✭✭fran38

S'pose if you don't mind just watching it as opposed to listening to it, I'd recommend Nancy's, Smyths or O'Connells. Although most pubs will have it on with the sound turned down...

• Registered Users Posts: 192 ✭✭SnoopyGunner

Bobby Byrne's or Patsy Nicholas usually show golf and sometimes have the sound on too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,144 ✭✭✭Benny Cake

Thanks lads...

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 17,742 Mod ✭✭✭✭Henry Ford III

Myles Breens.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,091 ✭✭✭Louche Lad

South's? Not as central as the others, but a well-positioned screen.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,144 ✭✭✭Benny Cake

Myles Breens.

Cheers, where is this place?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,484 ✭✭✭The Snipe

Benny Cake wrote: »
    Myles Breens.

Cheers, where is this place?

Shannon st. Across from the entrance of the George.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,863 ✭✭✭seachto7

fran38 wrote: »
    S'pose if you don't mind just watching it as opposed to listening to it, I'd recommend Nancy's, Smyths or O'Connells. Although most pubs will have it on with the sound turned down...

Dunno about O Connells as I never went in there on a weekend yet, but Nancys and Smyths could possibly be the worst places to try and watch anything, and on a Saturday night!!!???? Hard enough to drink a pint in those places on a busy night. Best of luck trying to watch the tv with one eye, and your pint with the other, and getting bumped and bashed around Nancys... I cannot understand why they pack in so many people.

If I were you I would go to a quieter pub where the clientele are more likely to be going in to have a quiet pint and to watch the golf, so on the whole, it'll be an older crowd. So, I would try Fennessys, Souths, O'Dwyers, Bobby Byrnes, Sextons. Basically what would be known as the "old man" pubs.
    I used to work in an "old man's" pub, and it would get busy, but not messy busy, just people having a pint. There were no bouncers or amateur boozers acting the idiot. A lot of them in there would ask me to switch on the golf, and it would be with the sound on.
    Pubs in the 'burbs would be good places to watch it too....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,810 ✭✭✭Comhrá

Flannery's, next door to Myles Breen's on Shannon St. or the Woodfield House Hotel, 15 mins. walk out the Ennis Road would be options too. Reasonably quiet with civilised clientele and a good few golfing fans too.

Advertisement