Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Laying Chickens

Options
  • 06-04-2012 11:09pm
    Registered Users Posts: 191 ✭✭

Am planning on keeping afew chickens and I am wondering where to get them from. Is there anywhere in Sligo area that I can get good quality chickens that are ready to lay. Just want them for eggs and not for breeding or meat.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 32,370 ✭✭✭✭Son Of A Vidic

Go to donedeal.ie - search Hens - select region as Sligo and you will see there are quite a few listed there.

• Registered Users Posts: 975 ✭✭✭genie

My brother bought a hen (to replace one taken by a fox) from a lady at The Farm Shop at Collooney (where The Roundabout Gallery is). She is there early on a Saturday as far as I know. :)

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 17,424 ✭✭✭✭Conor Bourke

You could try the Market Yard on a Friday morning, there used to be a guy who sold turkeys, chickens etc. If he's not there, there might at least be someone who can point you in the right direction.

• Registered Users Posts: 191 ✭✭PaddyJules

Thanks all - am sorted now.

Advertisement