Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Two Mile Road Race & Fun Run - 8pm, Wednesday, 9th May 2012

Options
  • 06-04-2012 11:48pm
    Registered Users Posts: 610 ✭✭✭

Clonliffe Harriers AC are extending an invitation to all runners, both fun-runners and club runners, to participate in Ireland's oldest road race - The Clonliffe 2.

The race takes place at 8:00pm on Wednesday, 9th May 2012. This 2 Mile race has its own unique history dating back to the 18th century, with this year marking the 121st running of the race.

The race starts in Finglas village opposite the Bottom of the Hill Pub, and then proceeds towards Glasnevin. The first mile is steady downhill, thereafter a gradual climb for approximately 600 meters. The course flattens out as it passes Glasnevin Cemetery, and through to the finish at the Gravediggers (Kavanagh’s) Pub in Prospect Square.

Register Online at www.runireland.com - €15.00 Entry Fee

Race Registration and Changing Facilities are located in St Vincent's CBS School, Harts Corner, Glasnevin. Those registering online can collect their number from 6.30pm on race night. Registrations will be taken on the night of the race from 6.30pm - 7.30pm. Entrants are advised to register by 7.30pm as it is a 25-minute jog from the registration point to the start of the race. Presentation of prizes will take place in Kavanagh's pub following the race.

Further information contact:
    Tom Griffin (087-7811047) or Mick Kearney (087-6243843)

http://www.runireland.com/events/clonliffe-harriers-2-mile-road-race-and-fun-run

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 610 ✭✭✭figs

Just a reminder that the Clonliffe 2 mile race is next Wednesday evening, 9th May at 8:00pm.

Registration on the night in St Vincents CBS, Glasnevin before 7:30pm. All welcome.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,035 ✭✭✭HelenAnne

Hi Figs

Is there a bag drop at the school for people arriving on buses etc? Thanks!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,598 ✭✭✭shels4ever

Should be a good race, looks like ok condition tonight.

HelenAnne wrote: »
    Hi Figs

Is there a bag drop at the school for people arriving on buses etc? Thanks!

Only seeing this now... You can leave gear at the registration area / changing area in St Vincents CBS School. Suggest you take any valuables with you / give to a friend during the race.

• Registered Users Posts: 310 ✭✭gmurran

Great race as always but shame it takes hours for the prize giving.

Feeling dizzy at the end seems like it's a sign you ran hard. :eek:

• Advertisement

gmurran wrote: »
    Great race as always but shame it takes hours for the prize giving.

Feeling dizzy at the end seems like it's a sign you ran hard. :eek:

What time was the prize giving? Left before it (about 9.30) but would have loved to have seen the winners/team winners etc. Anyone know who won the teams & various categories?

HelenAnne wrote: »
    What time was the prize giving? Left before it (about 9.30) but would have loved to have seen the winners/team winners etc. Anyone know who won the teams & various categories?

Couldn's stick around for the results myself, Heard someone say Ranehy may have won the men's team but that wasn't official. Great race will be back again next year.

• Registered Users Posts: 310 ✭✭gmurran

shels4ever wrote: »
    Couldn's stick around for the results myself, Heard someone say Ranehy may have won the men's team but that wasn't official. Great race will be back again next year.

Raheny won the mens team, Clonliffe second. Not sure about the womens

• Registered Users Posts: 320 ✭✭eoinín

This was a tough course but good fun. Good turnout for a Wednesday night! Also I think the commemorative t-shirt is great – very stylish! Well done Clonliffe!

• Registered Users Posts: 740 ✭✭✭Raven Runner

Anyone get a PB for the 1 mile during this race? I went through the 1 mile in 4:19 according to my Nike+ watch and at that stage the lead group were a fair bit ahead they must have being near the 4 min mark could that be right? My second mile was a lot slower in 5:26

• Advertisement

Anyone get a PB for the 1 mile during this race? I went through the 1 mile in 4:19 according to my Nike+ watch and at that stage the lead group were a fair bit ahead they must have being near the 4 min mark could that be right? My second mile was a lot slower in 5:26
    Very fast first mile, prob could have run a little harder and got away with it, was 6:21 6:39 splits for me. anyone get a copy of the full results ?

• Registered Users Posts: 243 ✭✭foleyalan

I ran a 5:02 fist mile(PB)and then a 5:49 second. Great race. Roll on terenure on Sunday.

Thanks to all who took part and helped out last night to make it an enjoyable, if not a fast and furious race!

Summary Results from Clonliffe Website:

Senior Men:

1.John Travers (Donore) 8.56

2.Kevin Moriarty (Raheny) 9.03

3.Joe Warne (Doheny) 9.28

Senior Women:

1.Barbara Cleary 10.42

2.Annette Kealy 10.47

3.Sheila Coyle (Raheny) 11.00

Junior Men:

1.Ian Guiden (Clonliffe) 9.30

2.Aaron Hanlon (Clonliffe) 9.38