Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Can't fill my iPod.

• 06-04-2012 11:58pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,080 ✭✭✭

My iTunes suggests that I have 22gB of music yet my Special Edition U2 iPod of 27gB will not take all the music. Keep getting unknown error -69. Tried numerous ways to sync including Album by album and Artist by Artist.

Currently of 3950 songs on iTunes can only get 2540 onto iPod. I used MediaMonkey to arrange and sort all music before importing into iTunes.

No real help from Apple including reloading the iPod software.

Anyone have any suggestions.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,784 ✭✭✭TBi

I had an issue with a corrupt file which wouldn't let me fill my iPhone. The copy would terminate when it tried to load that file. The best way to find this is to add your files in batches and see what loads.

Try to load the first half of your library, then try to load the second half of your library. Whichever half doesn't load is where your corrupt file is. Split that in half and do the same over and over until you find the corrupt file.

Mine was a corrupt video.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,080 ✭✭✭bigtimecharlie

That's what I've being doing, add all artists listed A, then tick all artists listed B.

Then tried the same approach with Album names.

I just can't seem to get beyond 2600 songs no matter how I do it.

Could be a harddrive error. There is a way to run a hard drive check on the old iPods. I can't remember how to but should be on the apple website.

The Windows scan and Fix utility came up the last time I plugged in the iPod and I let it work away with the 2 options checked. Took about 2 hours but still no improvement.

Anyone else with any suggestions?

The Windows scan and Fix utility came up the last time I plugged in the iPod and I let it work away with the 2 options checked. Took about 2 hours but still no improvement.

Anyone else with any suggestions?

What did windows turn up? Turn on disk mode on the iPod and check the scandisk log file.

• Advertisement

TBi wrote: »
    What did windows turn up? Turn on disk mode on the iPod and check the scandisk log file.

iPod is in disk mode (option enabled in iTunes), yet can't find any log file(s).

Hidden folders is enabled via folder options.

Advertisement