Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Driving with poor vision

Options
  • 07-04-2012 12:04am
    Registered Users Posts: 352 ✭✭

Hi all, just wondering if I would beentitled to apply for a drivers licence if my vision is +11

Comments

Depends on how well your corrective lenses work! I have a similar prescription and I am entitled to drive - I don't because it makes me so damn anxious, that probably has more to do with just being anxious than my eyesight though.

• Registered Users Posts: 227 ✭✭Lon Dubh

You could go for a check up at an opticians for a definite opinion. Tell them in advance you are interested in being tested for a driving licence as there are specific things you need to be checked for, and you need to get the eyesight form that goes with the licence and get them to fill it out.

Advertisement