Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

No, **** Sherlock Day

Options
  • 07-04-2012 12:08am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 14,144 ✭✭✭✭

Any chance we could have a No **** Sherlock day? Tried to start a thread on it in tCN but of course, the swear filter kicked in....that sig/ avatar Gordon has is pretty powerful....could be a good show online.... Or a day where every pic you post says ..."No Sh!t Sherlock"... Anyways..just a thought...
    Post edited by Shield on

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 35,524 ✭✭✭✭Gordon

Intriguing suggestion!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34,418 ✭✭✭✭hondasam

Gordon wrote: »
    Intriguing suggestion!

No Sh!t Sherlock.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,159 ✭✭✭✭phasers

I don't get it.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,875 ✭✭✭✭MugMugs

phasers wrote: »
    I don't get it.

Something about Sean Sherlock I suppose. I'm more fascinated over the OP posting in The Cuckoos Nest if this is actually for real!

• Registered Users Posts: 31,859 ✭✭✭✭Sharpshooter

Well, what have Sean Sherlock and the Nest got in common?

No thanks!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 31,967 ✭✭✭✭Sarky

One is a clueless public figure in way over his head acting at the behest of his political and corporate masters, hellbent on suppressing free speech and freedom of information, and the other is Sean Sherlock.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 28,633 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shiminay

Holy crap, is Seán Sherlock actually The Leader?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34,418 ✭✭✭✭hondasam

Gordon is Sherlock.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,967 ✭✭✭✭Sarky

Shiminay wrote: »
    Holy crap, is Seán Sherlock actually The Leader?

If he was, there would have been a presentation involving a boat full of hookers and blow at the debate, and at least three non-consecutive knife fights with DeVore during the q&a session.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,766 ✭✭✭juan.kerr

I'm a bit confused about the comma in the title. It seems to be superfluous.

• Advertisement

Yeah, that's right actually. Who is **** Sherlock Day and why are they saying no to them?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,144 ✭✭✭✭Cicero

juan.kerr wrote: »
    I'm a bit confused about the comma in the title. It seems to be superfluous.

....ever since I've seen that comma I've wondered about its significance ...why not "no ****, Sherlock" ...or even no comma at all and then a full stop....?

• Registered Users Posts: 35,524 ✭✭✭✭Gordon

Oh, did I misplace the comma?

Only you can answer that Gordon...without clarity from you, it's speculation, supposition and heresy....:p

• Registered Users Posts: 7,962 ✭✭✭jumpguy

It's always confused me for as long as it's been in your sig...I assumed it had some clever meaning behind it that I wasn't getting. :pac: Would "no ****, Sherlock" or just "no **** Sherlock" not make more sense? /pedantic

• Registered Users Posts: 1,180 ✭✭✭OhMSGlive

jumpguy wrote: »
    I assumed it had some clever meaning behind it that I wasn't getting. :pac:

From my interpretation of it, it's meant to say no to sherlock, while calling him "shit sherlock" because he made a terrible decision.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 35,468 Mod ✭✭✭✭pickarooney

OhMSGlive wrote: »
    From my interpretation of it, it's meant to say no to sherlock, while calling him "shit sherlock" because he made a terrible decision.

I considered that but presumed Gordon would have at least three levels of joke encapsulated into it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,631 ✭✭✭✭Hank Scorpio

I for one welcome our new Internet overlord

• Registered Users Posts: 4,718 ✭✭✭The Mad Hatter

I own the copyright on the comma, and I want this site shut down.

I own the copyright on the comma, and I want this site shut down.

Well, you're in the right place I guess ...what's your ticket number? Mines 3436897213...my appointment card says 14th June 2030 ...hope it's morning time I'm called, I have Eircom scheduled for 4pm that day to upgrade my line..

• Advertisement
Advertisement