Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Anyone know what charity is running a bloody rave near Prosperous?

Options
  • 07-04-2012 12:40am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3,399 ✭✭✭

It's half past midnight and all I can hear from across the field is blaring music and some gobsh1te DJ blaring his crap music since this afternoon. I rang Naas Gardai and they say this lot have a licence to carry on until 2am:mad: Naas Gardai said they've been getting complaints all evening but there is nothing they can do about it as the local district court granted a licence for it. I swear it's like being back in Santa Ponsa in the mid 90's, only now I have kids awake and I have to get up for work in a few hours, not that I'll sleep with this bloody racket.

Anyone know who is running this bloody event?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,907 ✭✭✭✭Kristopherus

Why don't you just enjoy it:D. Only little over an hour to go:D Seriously, how they got a licence for a Good Friday/Easter Saturday beats me. The Judge who granted it must have mixed up his dates. But then the local Supt should have corrected him.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,150 ✭✭✭kumate_champ07

it's not like it happens all the time, have a little tolerance maybe

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,399 ✭✭✭Kashkai

Tolerance:confused:

If I had a house party with music blaring out after 10pm, I'd soon be told to quieten it down by the cops. According to Naas Gardai, they've had dozens of complaints all evening but there's nothing they can do.

I'm trying to get my kids to sleep with this bloody racket going on. Do you have any kids pal? Pity the organisers of this event don't show any consideration for those of us with young families and who have to get up for work in a few bloody hours.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,150 ✭✭✭kumate_champ07

Tolerance:confused:

If I had a house party with music blaring out after 10pm, I'd soon be told to quieten it down by the cops. According to Naas Gardai, they've had dozens of complaints all evening but there's nothing they can do.

I'm trying to get my kids to sleep with this bloody racket going on. Do you have any kids pal? Pity the organisers of this event don't show any consideration for those of us with young families and who have to get up for work in a few bloody hours.

I always keep some foam ear plugs handy. Ive no kids, dont want to get old yet

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,420 ✭✭✭✭athtrasna

Why don't you just enjoy it:D. Only little over an hour to go:D Seriously, how they got a licence for a Good Friday/Easter Saturday beats me. The Judge who granted it must have mixed up his dates. But then the local Supt should have corrected him.

Six hour licences are available on Good Friday but you have to apply.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 162 ✭✭Daxve

It's probably this:

http://stylesiren.ie/barndance-2012-april-6th/

http://www.facebook.com/events/328269457237987/

Got a few emails about it during the week being held at a secret location no less.

2wheels in Sandymount where selling/supplying the tickets.

Still don't know who organised this thing. Apart from the noise, it was in a dangerous place on a narrow twisting road AND they had arc lights up that blinded you as you came round the bend.

How the hell were they granted a licence for this in the middle of a very quiet rural location wher the noise of this sh1te could carry for miles:confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 14 joe1320

hi Dave i live on the caragh side of Mondello, was kept awake with the noise i called the gardai in Naas, told me that patrol car was keeping an eye on it, so i got in my car and drove till I found it at 12.30 am this morning. It was a operation set up there,

I was told by security it was charity event , but could not say what charity it was for, I complained to the owner, whose name is Alan Grey,I could not hear with the music, I asked him to turn off the music, he said no , he has a dance licence till 2am, and this was his 5th year of doing this,

so there was nothing I could do, I phoned the gardai again in Naas , was told to organize a petition against the dance licence for next year,
    that's our only hope of stopping this.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 10,439 Mod ✭✭✭✭xzanti

I heard it was a stomper :D raging I missed it :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 3 prosperousjoe

PROSPEROUS DAVE--WHAT A WHINGBAG
    THE GRAY FAMILY ARE VERY WELL RESPECTED LOCALS.
    THEY PUT ALOT OF HARD WORK INTO SETTING UP THE BARNDANCE
    THEY RAISED €25,000 FOR CHARITY YESTERDAY SOME OF IT GOING TO MUINTERIUS IN PROSPEROUS MOST OF IT GOING TO AIDLINK
    INSTEAD OF GOING TO GARDAI AND COMPLAINING AND WHINGING,HOW ABOUT MAKING A DONATION,OR GIVING THEM SOME HELP.
    IT MUST BE HARD FOR THEM TO PUT UP WITH THE LIKES OF YOU!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,671 ✭✭✭GarIT

PROSPEROUS DAVE--WHAT A WHINGBAG
    THE GRAY FAMILY ARE VERY WELL RESPECTED LOCALS.
    THEY PUT ALOT OF HARD WORK INTO SETTING UP THE BARNDANCE
    THEY RAISED €25,000 FOR CHARITY YESTERDAY SOME OF IT GOING TO MUINTERIUS IN PROSPEROUS MOST OF IT GOING TO AIDLINK
    INSTEAD OF GOING TO GARDAI AND COMPLAINING AND WHINGING,HOW ABOUT MAKING A DONATION,OR GIVING THEM SOME HELP.
    IT MUST BE HARD FOR THEM TO PUT UP WITH THE LIKES OF YOU!

Is that you Alan Grey? Your some coward anyway making a new account just for this.

• Registered Users Posts: 42 ddire33

Behind prosperous dave on this one - nothing against a loud gig - but cut off time should same as any other event / concert 11:30

Need to find out how to oppose this going to 2am next year.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 760 ✭✭✭245

@Prosperous Dave, I'd suggest contacting Aidlink seeing as 'MUINTERIUS' doesn't Google. Complain and suggest that they hold future functions in their own back yard. I don't see what the Prosperous connection is with Aidlink so it'd be interesting to see their connection with the area.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 760 ✭✭✭245

xzanti wrote: »
    I heard it was a stomper :D raging I missed it :pac:

For what its worth, I have reported this post as provocative in the context of the original post and not appropriate of a moderator.

• Registered Users Posts: 42 ddire33

245 - have taken your advice and complained directly to the aidlink charity. Muintearas is the right spelling of the other charity, run fee dinners for oap's in prosperous - which is great, but no reason for the sh!te we have to put up with each year.

LET THE OAP'S GO HUNGRY ALL YEAR JUST TO KEEP YOU HAPPY FOR A FEW HOURS.VERY CHRISTIAN OF YOU!!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,671 ✭✭✭GarIT

LET THE OAP'S GO HUNGRY ALL YEAR JUST TO KEEP YOU HAPPY FOR A FEW HOURS.VERY CHRISTIAN OF YOU!!

Nobody is against the idea of what the charity is for but just how, where and when they fundraised. Elderly people have pensions and the state to look after them, they wont starve without the charity. They wont go hungry at all. I'm sure a lot of the people that the charity works for would prefer to cancel it than allow it to disturb families.

Could the fundraiser not have been in a nearby GAA hall, I'm sure a charity could have gotten it free for the night.

I don't see how religion comes into this at all. Although, isn't it ironic that its the Christians that aren't supposed to drink or have parties on Good Friday.

THERES A POKER CLASSIC EVERY GOOD FRIDAY IN CARAGH GFC,ANOTHER WAY OF FUNDRAISING IN THE COMMUNITY,WOULD YOU NOT BE BETTER OFF PUTTING YOUR TIME TO GOOD USE IN THE COMMUNITY(LIKE HELPING OUT) RATHER THAT KNOCKING PEOPLE HOW DO GO OUT OF THEIR WAY TO HELP OTHERS.AS FAR AS I CAN SEE ITS YEE KNOCKERS THAT ARE THE SELFISH ONES.GOING OUT OF YOUR WAY TO BE UNHELPFUL

Prosperous Joe/Mr Grey

Knock the caps lock off your keyboard will you please? It's not that hard to do:rolleyes:

I'd say the overwhelming majority of people have nothing against charity gigs but blaring loud music until 2am in a quiet rural location is not on in any level headed person's opinion I'd say. I was watching a dvd and I had to raise the volume on the telly to cover the incessant crap/music coming over the field a mile away. God help those who were living closer. I took a drive over around 1am to see what the hell was going on, and all the lights were on in nearby houses so I guess theyd given up on trying to sleep. Having this event just off a narrow twisting country road with blinding arc lights directed onto the road is reason enough to have this banned from now on.

From speaking to neighbours and friends from all over Prosperous, absolutely no one supported this event and have made up their minds to object at the first opportunity if and when the organisers try to run this again. It's not as if it was even advertised locally as far as I can see. It was directed at people in Dublin who would be brought out to this "mysterious venue in blacked out buses".

I wonder how much of the proceeds actually go to charity and how much makes its way into the Grey family bank account. If so, is this declared for tax purposes? Easily found out I expect.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,924 ✭✭✭✭BuffyBot

Closing this for the sake of everyone's sanity..

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement