Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

KOF XIII Belfast Ranking Battles Session 5 - 17.4.2012

Options
  • 07-04-2012 1:18am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,762 ✭✭✭

HWpkC.jpg

KOF XIII Belfast Ranking Battles Session 5
    7pm, Tuesday April 17th 2012
    The Space, 1st floor, QUB Students' Union

- 360 version will be used.
    - Bring your own controller.
    - Button binding is allowed; turbo is not.
    - DLC characters will be available on at least one setup.
    - The tournament format will be double elimination brackets all the way through, run using Tournament Maker 2.1.
    - All matches will be decided by the best two out of three games, unless there are more than eight entrants, in which case all matches except for the grand final will be a single game.
    - In the grand final, the player who came from the loser's bracket must win an extra set. (set = best of 3 games)
    - Once a match has started, players may only change characters after losing a game.
    - A player who pauses the game for whatever reason shall forefeit the round being played, unless the opponent agrees to carry on as normal.
    - Entry will be free.
    - I will be taking signups in this thread as well as on the day.
    - Get hype!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,762 ✭✭✭Yreval

Due to a lack of interest, this didn't go ahead last night. Fighting games in general haven't been too busy at DS in recent weeks, most likely due to people concentrating on exams and whatnot. Therefore, the KOFXIII ranbats are going on hiatus, most likely until early June.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,707 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

Yikes, sorry to hear that.

There were a few people playing this at last night's DS, so it seems like a good time to bring this back. How does the 3rd of July (Tuesday night) sound?

• Registered Users Posts: 966 ✭✭✭Jun_DP101

there's really not a tournament scene for it in dublin. I might see if i can head up for this. How many would you say play this game up north?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,966 ✭✭✭Scavenger XIII

Jun_DP101 wrote: »
    there's really not a tournament scene for it in dublin. I might see if i can head up for this. How many would you say play this game up north?

You'd have to bring some friends, on a good day we could get maybe 5 people who've a grasp of the game and a couple who don't throwing in their hats to make up numbers.

• Advertisement

Wasn't at DS last night because I was sick, so the can gets kicked down the road for another week. Does the 10th suit people?

It's been delayed more times than a Zen United game now, but after talking with a couple of people at tonight's DS I think I finally have a date: the 31st of July (I know I said the 24th, but I just remembered that I'm busy that night).

Results:

1 The Truth
    2 Scavenger XIII
    3 Yreval
    4 Sanic
    5 Metty
    5 Stephen M

Overall top 8:

1 Scavenger XIII - 42
    2 The Truth - 22
    3 Yreval - 20
    4 SADX - 14
    5 Andrew Mc - 9
    6 Metty - 8
    =7 Doctor DooM - 4
    =7 Stephen M - 4

With only one session remaining, Scavenger XIII is officially the best KOF XIII player in Belfast. Congratulations!

Videos coming soon.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,966 ✭✭✭Scavenger XIII

Yreval wrote: »
    With only one session remaining, Scavenger XIII is officially the best KOF XIII player in Belfast. Congratulations!

**** yeah! I'm still hella bad though. :p

We need more serious players to actually level up.

• Registered Users Posts: 105 ✭✭MelficeVKM

Hey all, I'm trying to get into KOFXIII and would love to play some casuals. Will there be another one of these, or any casual sessions coming up soon? :)

• Advertisement

MelficeVKM wrote: »
    Hey all, I'm trying to get into KOFXIII and would love to play some casuals. Will there be another one of these, or any casual sessions coming up soon? :)

The next one will be on the 18th, as part of a 24-hour session Dragonslayers are putting on that weekend: https://www.facebook.com/events/423129414405574/

There'll probably be some KOF XIII casuals at Roogle's tourney on the 11th as well.

As for regular casuals, you should at least look in to joining Dragonslayers and going to their regular meetings, because that's where all the fighting game action takes place around these parts.

• Registered Users Posts: 105 ✭✭MelficeVKM

Thanks for the info, definitely considering going. I'm a big scrub though so hopefully I don't get bodied too hard :pac:

Here come the vids:

Grand final didn't happen because Scavenger XIII had to leave early.

Advertisement