Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Car boot sales

Options
  • 07-04-2012 1:37am
    Registered Users Posts: 13

Hi all. Does anyone know of good lively car boot sales in co. sligo or in near by counties? Don't mind travelling! I have
    Mountains of clothes to get rid of which were either never worn or worn briefly! Or has anyone any other ideas to make some cash on these sort of items!! All help appreciated!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 172 ✭✭waterboy15

Ballyshannon every Sunday, I think Carrick on Shannon is still on Sundays,

• Closed Accounts Posts: 767 ✭✭✭Hobbitfeet

Carrick is every Sunday good carboot sale if the weather is decent. Also There's a shop beside the landmark hotel with mix of old and new clothes shoes etc for sale he will take your clothes and sell them I'm sure he takes some commission but don't know the exact details. I've bought quite a few things in there

• Registered Users Posts: 40 damo244

Hi, longford every saturday on the athlone rd side or why not put them on adverts.ie free ads to post on alot of people use it.

• Registered Users Posts: 120 ✭✭annacanna

which would be better ballyshannon or carrick on shannon?

ive a lot of toys and kids clothes to sell

• Closed Accounts Posts: 743 ✭✭✭ahyeahok

annacanna wrote: »
    which would be better ballyshannon or carrick on shannon?

ive a lot of toys and kids clothes to sell

If the weather is good, Carrick is usually very busy but if its not it can be quiet.

Castlebar is the last Sunday of every month, was very big last time.
    Westport had one at the start of the month, good turnout, think it was the first one they had, supposed to be the first Sunday of every month from now on.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 771 ✭✭✭dardevle

where abouts are the Castlebar and Westport boots located?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,659 ✭✭✭magnumlady

There is a car boot sale in the Skreen/Dromard Community Centre next Sunday (22nd). It's from 10am-2pm. Indoor and outdoor.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 743 ✭✭✭ahyeahok

dardevle wrote: »

where abouts are the Castlebar and Westport boots located?

http://www.castlebarcarbootsale.com/ Castlebar one is in the car park off main street (beside Subway and Paddy Power). Last Sunday of every month.

Westport one was on the first Sunday this month but I cant find anything online about it being continued but a few people did say it was supposed to be a monthly thing. It was held in Tesco car park.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 rebeccabsg

Does anyone kno if the westport carboot sale is still going on? I tried the phone no and email for it but got no reply. Didnt want to travel up if I wasnt sure as I am coming from galway

• Registered Users Posts: 2,225 ✭✭✭fillefatale

rebeccabsg wrote: »
    Does anyone kno if the westport carboot sale is still going on? I tried the phone no and email for it but got no reply. Didnt want to travel up if I wasnt sure as I am coming from galway

http://collectireland.wordpress.com/car-boot-sales/ This site is updated regularly so I'd check there.

• Advertisement
Advertisement