Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Funding (fees) preferendum.

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 365 ✭✭shofukan

News on Belfield FM reporting that the preferendum might not reach a quorum.

• Registered Users Posts: 95 ✭✭Jigglypuff

seanor3 wrote: »
    News on Belfield FM reporting that the preferendum might not reach a quorum.

That really wouldn't surprise me. I think there really was a lack of awareness around campus that this was going on. Even though I had looked into the options and was intending to vote, such was the lack of publicity that I forgot voting was on! I was voting for one of the convenors and one of the ballot papers was for the "preferendum" and I only realised then that voting was on!
    Even if there were attempts to promote it, it clearly didn't work, not only was it important that people knew that voting was on, it was more so important that the Union raised awareness as to WHY this vote was important, and really tried to capture the interests of students and involve them in a potentially hugely important vote.
    It's pretty ridiculous, only about 400 people voted in trinity, and it's looking like it'll be the same in UCD. That's hardly representative of the entirety of UCD. Not only that, but if there is such a low turnout, any money and time spent promoting the preferendum will have gone to waste, because the USI is hardly going to take the outcome seriously.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,129 ✭✭✭pljudge321

This was on today. :pac:

Advertisement