Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Circus times.

• 07-04-2012 9:44am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 153 ✭✭

Anyone know what time the circus at the groody roundabout is on?? Hoping to go today with the kids.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,819 ✭✭✭phill106

Might go today too, anyone been? Prices?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 937 ✭✭✭Icky Thump

what circus????? who are they?? how much??? animals or none???

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 235 ✭✭houndsoflove

Baby the elephant is meant to be making a guest appearance :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,279 ✭✭✭snowman707

Icky Thump wrote: »
    what circus????? who are they?? how much??? animals or none???
    passed there this morning

Courtney Bros. yes the animals were all out for exercise:rolleyes: and more

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 608 ✭✭✭Cocolola

Hate to be the one to get on your case OP but can I urge you to PLEASE not go to this circus? And especially not to bring your kids? They use animals and I can't even begin to explain how bad that is.

Even if animal welfare is not your concern, then the safety of your family might be. This is the same circus where the elephant escaped in Cork recently and who injured the trainer (not that I blame it). It may try the same thing here. I'd recommend a trip to Fota Island instead for the kids if you have the time this weekend.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,279 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

Was passing through the roundabout yesterday afternoon only to see a herd of camels grazing next to big top, staring at traffic. Not something you see everyday in this country.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31 Heln

Took my 2 1/2 year old there today...hadn't been at a circus in years so wasn't expecting much but it was ok. Tickets are €16 adult/€14 child ringside, €14/€12 grandstand and €12/€10side view with a €2 discount on each seat of you have a voucher. Got ringside tickets as I wanted her to be able to see but they weren't really worth the extra money tbh. There doesn't seem to be any limit on the number of tickets they sell so they just keep bringing out more chairs, one guy had paid ringside and was sitting directly in front of the side view around 4 rows back from the side of the ring.
    Yeh there's animals, 5 elephants I think, a camel and alpaca that didn't do much, dome Shetland ponies and a lizard. I know some people don't approve but each to their own.

Edit: meant to say I think the times are 7.30 from now till Sunday and 2.30 on weekends

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,520 ✭✭✭martyc5674

I pulled up there yesterday to have a look.
    Hard to work out the times but it did say 2 and 5.
    The seats are 7.99 on Thursday so I might bring the big fella!(3)
    I tool down a contact number from the ticket office.
    (087) 271 3048
    Best ring first to confirm times prices.
    Marty.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 937 ✭✭✭Icky Thump

i dont like the idea of animals being used but aainst my better judgement i brought the girlfriend yesterday

i thought it was a good show. some high flying stuff going on and the good old key-fabe fall to throw in aswell. good fun.

but this little brat that was part of the circus and i call him a brat being as polite as possible. but he was a kid thats part of it. i understand his growing up in the circus family and all that. but the way he was acting with the animals was unbelievable. he was just jumping up onto the elephant back and dragging ot of teh elephant.

then there was this part of the show when an even younger kid (another of the family im guessing) was using teh elephant who was lying on the grand on his side as a trampoline as he bounces a few times

the ponys where lovely but the lady in the center with the old fashioned whip did not seem so lovely. she didnt use it but it didnt seem like he wouldnt use it

i know its all show but i dont think id go to it again to be honest

if you think that you wanna go to a circus and the animal thing isnt an issue for you by all means there are better circuses than this with animals(more entertaining) but the animals dont exactly do much and the high flying stuff is much more entertaining. think id prefer a non animal one in future. go to the zoo for animals. much cooler much more and much happier

• Registered Users Posts: 115 ✭✭ManadInTheHead

I took my little 4 year old brother out there last week and to say he had a blast would be an understatement.
    he couldn't stop laughing and he really seemed to enjoy it.

I was very surprised at how much he just was laughing and having fun.
    Looked like he was having the time of his life.:D

• Advertisement
Advertisement