Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

mark heffernan's book

• 07-04-2012 10:56am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 365 ✭✭

I read mark heffernan's book and some threads about him here and on the net. I thought it was a bit stupid how he spent the first part of the book boasting of how he broke the law re pirate radios/transmitters etc and how he pulled a few fast ones to get his business going. I did not know there were still pirate radios around in 2007/2008.

Is it true he was involved with the criminals and laundering money in his club. and what is his association with anthony kelly and is that why the cops withdrew protection

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,863 ✭✭✭seachto7

You won't get any answers to your questions on here I imagine, as it could get boards in trouble.

All I can say, is if you pull a stroke in life, prepare to deal with the fall out....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,560 ✭✭✭✭Kess73

Many of the answers to the questions you asked are available online in newspaper reports of various court cases etc.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,361 ✭✭✭Itsdacraic

What club did he run?

Itsdacraic wrote: »
    What club did he run?

It was in Newcastle West.

Kess73 wrote: »
    It was in Newcastle West.

Oh yes, Fireworks.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 365 ✭✭berrypendel

Oh yes, Fireworks.
    west?

Many of the answers to the questions you asked are available online in newspaper reports of various court cases etc.
    ok it is hardly getting boards into trouble to say his first part of his book gives a bad impression of him? If it is delete. I cannot understand how one would admit to all that about illegal radio stations/hding transmitters etc and then claim the high moral ground in relation to crime. not very smart imo

ok it is hardly getting boards into trouble to say his first part of his book gives a bad impression of him? If it is delete. I cannot understand how one would admit to all that about illegal radio stations/hding transmitters etc and then claim the high moral ground in relation to crime. not very smart imo

I was replying to this part of your post
    Is it true he was involved with the criminals and laundering money in his club. and what is his association with anthony kelly and is that why the cops withdrew protection

I should have highlighted what part I was replying to tbf.

Totally agree with you on what you said about his own comments in his book.

BTW I cannot delete anything in this form, that's the job of the one very handsome mod and the two very strange looking mods that look after this forum. :)

I was replying to this part of your post

I should have highlighted what part I was replying to tbf.

Totally agree with you on what you said about his own comments in his book.

BTW I cannot delete anything in this form, that's the job of the one very handsome mod and the two very strange looking mods that look after this forum. :)

OK I had seen some of those or similar claims on boards

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 24,002 Mod ✭✭✭✭Clareman

You really shouldn't be calling Drifter & IO strange looking.

Reminder that if you want to read the gentleman in questions book, feel free, if you want to speculate on it's content or any kind of illegal activities, don't do it here.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,477 ✭✭✭grenache

Oh yes, Fireworks.
    It was West (formerly Coolios, Xanadus before that).

Fireworks is a different niteclub, one which just so happened to have a firebomb thrown at it in '08.

grenache wrote: »
    Oh yes, Fireworks.

Fireworks is a different niteclub, one which just so happened to have a firebomb thrown at it in '08.

Ok, that was where the confusion arose. Is west closed? They didn't get much return on the "millions" that were put into it.

Ok, that was where the confusion arose. Is west closed? They didn't get much return on the "millions" that were put into it.

Yes it's closed since 2009. The guards raided it a few times.

• Registered Users Posts: 44 Seamus B

Oh yes, Fireworks.

I wont forget that night in a hurry.

Seamus B wrote: »
    I wont forget that night in a hurry.

Where you inside when it happened?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,129 ✭✭✭my friend

were there Patrons inside when that happened?

• Registered Users Posts: 44 Seamus B

Just staff

Advertisement