Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

BARBERSHOP DUBLIN STERILIZATION

Options
  • 07-04-2012 11:05am
    Registered Users Posts: 6

Hi all
    All places i have been seem to use absolutely no sterilization of scissors,clippers and other instruments.It doesn't matter how much is the cost of cut.
    Barber shops should have sterilization requirements but here in Dublin nobody seems to care much about that.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,695 ✭✭✭John_Rambo

oscuro wrote: »
    nobody seems to care much about that.

Except you. What diseases have you caught in Dublin barber shops?

(Never ever ever ever go to India or S E Asia or Africa or Indonisia)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,700 ✭✭✭tricky D

I've never seen a barber shop in Dublin which didn't have the Barbicide stuff for exactly this.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,321 ✭✭✭✭Esel

Barbers used to be surgeons, so they should all have autoclaves, imo. :D

Not your ornery onager

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,700 ✭✭✭tricky D

And dentists too. The red and white pole as something to do with that.

Also used to supply 'something for the weekend'.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,540 ✭✭✭tenandtracer

I was really afraid to open this thread based on the title.....;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 24,995 ✭✭✭✭Wishbone Ash

All places i have been seem to use absolutely no sterilization of scissors,clippers and other instruments
    Your local pub doesn't sterilise glasses and you'll be putting those into your mouth!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,732 ✭✭✭Toby Take a Bow

Is the sterilisation for the act of cutting the hair or if the barber accidentally cuts you?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,847 ✭✭✭HavingCrack

Op every single barber shop I go to has those 'barbicide' jars on the counter for sterilising scissors and blades between customers. Are you just going to really dirty barber shops?
    Is the sterilisation for the act of cutting the hair or if the barber accidentally cuts you?

If the barber accidentally cuts you. Basically it's to prevent any transfer of blood pathogens between customers eg, if barber cuts customer number one, doesn't steralise the blade and then proceeds to cut customer number 2 and possibly causing infection etc.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,562 ✭✭✭✭Sunnyisland

Was a thread like this not hair before ?

• Registered Users Posts: 6 oscuro

Thanks for your answers.
    Can you please recommend a barber shop where they sterilize scissors between customers?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,624 ✭✭✭Dancor

tricky D wrote: »
    And dentists too. The red and white pole as something to do with that./Quote]

I think they got the pole colours from the bloody rags that they used to leave out to dry.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,847 ✭✭✭HavingCrack

Thanks for your answers.
    Can you please recommend a barber shop where they sterilize scissors between customers?

All the Grafton Barber chain do. I haven't gone anywhere else in a long time.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,371 ✭✭✭Fuinseog

Hi all
    All places i have been seem to use absolutely no sterilization of scissors,clippers and other instruments.It doesn't matter how much is the cost of cut.
    Barber shops should have sterilization requirements but here in Dublin nobody seems to care much about that.

the places I go to dip the razor into a sterilization jar, but not scissors. while I view the former as crucial the latter less so and in no part of the country have i seen them sterilize scissors.

Advertisement