Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Banned from Golf

Options
  • 07-04-2012 11:32am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 8,061 ✭✭✭

Hello, I realise my post may have been in breach of the charter and I accept that. I have tried to go back in and read the charter but am unable to do so due to the ban.

However, this being my first post in the golf forum, I did not realise these type of posts could lead to an instant ban.

Not even a warning in the thread? Surely the mods of the golf forum realise events like the masters will increase the numbers in forum?

I think an instant ban is too harsh tbh and I would like to appeal on the grounds that no prior warning was given.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,348 ✭✭✭the drifter

Hey Keith

I'll have a look at this. Its the holiday weekend though so if i dont get back to you dont panic :)

First off. Have you discussed the matter with the mod who issued the ban? Thats generally the first port of call before DRP.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,061 ✭✭✭keith16

Hey Keith

I'll have a look at this. Its the holiday weekend though so if i dont get back to you dont panic :)

First off. Have you discussed the matter with the mod who issued the ban? Thats generally the first port of call before DRP.

Thanks drifter, no worries. I actually hadn't but the PM seemed fairly clear and pointed me here.

TBH, I'm not really bothered. I guess all the recent changes to people requesting recipes are all a bit up in the air, and while these kind of veiled requests seem ok in Soccer and Rugby maybe its not tolerated in golf.

So in light of that, I feel a one week ban is extremely harsh, particulary since rules regarding these kind of requests are relatively new.

Would love to follow the rest of the masters thread if at all possible! Thanks!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,348 ✭✭✭the drifter

OK Keith PM sent to the mod to get their input.

Will revert back later on.

Cheers

D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,061 ✭✭✭keith16

No worries drifter. TBH not really to bothered so you can mark this as resolved. Plenty more things to be getting on with this weekend I'm sure :)

Advertisement