Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Mashed Spuds

2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 578 ✭✭✭Mammanabammana

Nommy restauranty smooth mashed potatoes;

Peel and steam, rather than boil, your potatoes (if you want, throw a few cloves of unpeeled garlic in with the spuds) and just as they're cooked, heat your milk and butter
    Empty the pot, dump the potatoes into it and mash them. If using the garlic, squeeze the paper so the soft cooked garlic oozes out of them into the spuds.
    Now the secret...get rid of the masher. Pour in your milk and butter and whatever else you're adding - salt, herbs, grated cheese, natural yogurt, spring onions etc. Put the pot back onto a medium heat, use a wooden spoon and get stuck in to stir the potatoes into a silky, thick, lump free texture. The warm pot gets rid of any excess moisture and glosses them up magnificently. At this point, you may drool.

If there are any left over, a thin layer of mashed potato spread in the middle of a toasted ham and cheese sandwich later or the next day is delish.

But there won't be any left over.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,702 ✭✭✭fonecrusher1

Beans and mashed potato, mashed up together, or my personal favourite, mashed potato, peas and a load of gravy all mashed together = heaven!

Spud Police.

Unacceptable & just downright disgusting. Thats like something a paedophile would say.

I mean i said i liked mashed spuds, beans & sausages but the idea of mashing the beans into the spuds is kind of sickening.

Spud license - REVOKED

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,293 ✭✭✭✭Mint Sauce

People who let baked beans and mashed potato mate are creeps. That's inter species meddling that nature just didn't intend - a human created folly with far reaching and unpredictable outcomes.

I'd advocate that people who put baked beans on mash should be put on the sex offenders register or something akin to it.

Chuck!!!!!

I thought I knew you better!!!!!

Shame on you, mash and beans are one heavenly combination.

:p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,048 ✭✭✭✭Snowie

xzanti wrote: »
    I'm having a heart attack just reading that..

don't be so silly how else are you supposed to make mash olive oil ;)
    just as good

• Closed Accounts Posts: 246 ✭✭Kamjana

Beans,mashed spuds and smoked coley is the best dinner known to man!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,048 ✭✭✭✭Snowie

saa wrote: »
    My boyfriends mother cooks these manky little rooster potatoes with the skin on, the driest potatoes I've ever encountered and she breaks up the potatoes with a masher one or twice, disgraceful.

ahh country lazy eld one cooking does she smoke while she's cooking ? :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 305 ✭✭mackmuffin

Bangers and mash together is fine.

Mash and baked beans? Disgusting and unnatural.

Bangers and mash=mash,beans + sausages
    in my house anyways

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,730 ✭✭✭✭entropi

If you are creaming the spuds with milk, heat the milk up first...somehow it helps with the process by bringing the milk closer to the temperature of the spuds.

Advertisement