Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tenants out, owner moving back in. Cancel with PRTB?

Options
  • 07-04-2012 1:24pm
    Registered Users Posts: 49

Folks,
    Had an apartment (only property in my name) rented out, lease expired on 12/03/2012 and I moved in, therefore it's my PPR - no worries there (bills back in my name before the 31/03 liability date)

Obviously I had this tenancy registered with the PRTB. However, now that i'm back in the place and I have no tenants, do I need to cancel any tenancy registration with the PRTB? Reason for asking and not just logging in is that I can't frickin log-in to the PRTB website at the minute, when I try to log-in I get a 404. My main cause of concern is that my local authority, at some stage, may search the PRTB database and assume that I have tenants in there when I don't.

Cheers folks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 558 ✭✭✭rcdk1

If it was a fixed term tenancy and was registered as such, then I think you don't need to unregister the tenancy if it ran its course and expired when it was supposed to. However, if it were me I would definitely contact them in writing and tell them I was no longer a landlord. I would also unregister from the NPPR and would inform the Revenue.

• Registered Users Posts: 49 need-it

Thanks for the info. I never actually registered for the NPPR as I knew i'd be moving in on the 12/03/2012, hence before the NPPR liability date! (I did not own the property at the previous years liability)

Advertisement