Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Looking for somebody to take a 6 year old Jack Russell

• 07-04-2012 3:25pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,337 ✭✭✭

Due to work commitments and kids becoming teenagers our 6 year old jack russell spends most of his time locked up in the back garden with no company and it's really not fair on the poor thing, does anybody know of a "refuge" of sorts that would offer the dog a better lifestyle?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,441 ✭✭✭planetX

no-one can recommend rescues here, suggest you google them.
    Usually kids love their pets for life, how depressing and sad your post is.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,252 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

• Registered Users Posts: 1,337 ✭✭✭kingaaa

planetX wrote: »
    no-one can recommend rescues here, suggest you google them.
    Usually kids love their pets for life, how depressing and sad your post is.

I dont think they ever stopped loving the dog, just that teenagers are only interested in two things, themselves and their friends! They dont want to lose the dog but they cant seem to make the time to give the dog what he deserves - some companionship. Its actually my idea to find him a different home.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,949 ✭✭✭Cherry Blossom

OP, have you ever heard someone thinking about getting a dog talk about getting one that is 6 years old?

I haven't, and here's why - the best part of the dogs life is now over, he is already in his prime, very soon if not already pet insurance companies will consider him an OAP and refuse to insure him for veterinary bills. There are thousands of younger animals in this country in much more dire need and will benefit new owners a lot more. These animals are being put down. You have your work seriously cut out for you trying to find someone that will take this dog.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,791 ✭✭✭JJJJNR

No Dog walks = No Pocket money, also a 6 y/o jack russell is hardly an OAP ffs, the life expectancy is 15 year and more, I have an 8yr old miniature and he runs 10km with me two or three times a week ! thats what they love.

In some cases people are happy to take on a house trained pet, but if the dog is out the back garden the whole time, its best to rehome but the dog shelters are packed to the rafters at the moment.

is it a bitch?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 238 ✭✭WolfgangWeisen

Get in touch with this guy
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056596857

He's looking for a small dog, 4 years old+ to replace his father's dog who has passed.

Best of luck.

OP, have you ever heard someone thinking about getting a dog talk about getting one that is 6 years old?

I haven't, and here's why - the best part of the dogs life is now over, he is already in his prime, very soon if not already pet insurance companies will consider him an OAP and refuse to insure him for veterinary bills. There are thousands of younger animals in this country in much more dire need and will benefit new owners a lot more. These animals are being put down. You have your work seriously cut out for you trying to find someone that will take this dog.

Eh..you did actually, you edited some of the comments in the link for the man looking for a 4+ year old small dog!!

Listen lads, I'm trying to look out for the dogs best interests here, if you think its as simple as stopping pocket money well then I would say you dont have teenagers! I want somebody to enjoy the dog - not to bring it on a fifteen minute walk because they are afraid they wont get money to do stuff with their friends.

He's looking for a small dog, 4 years old+ to replace his father's dog who has passed.

Best of luck.

Thanks for that mate - might work out I'm just waiting on a reply.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 369 ✭✭gud4u

Best of luck.

I was looking for that guy for you, if not give me a pm, I might be able to help.

Advertisement