Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sim free mobile phones on amazon uk

Options
  • 07-04-2012 3:30pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 51 ✭✭

I'm thinking of buying one of those big button mobile phones for an elderly relative and have seen some on amazon uk, advertised as sim free. Does anybody know if there might be any problems using an Irish network sim on one of those phones? Haven't decided which network I might use but likely to be either Vodafone or O2.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,937 ✭✭✭patwicklow

Just saying i got a doro phone out of the post office today for my mother theres big buttons and all on it and theres vouchers for it in the sunday world 20 euro off so have a look into it before you go for the uk ones

• Registered Users Posts: 5,541 ✭✭✭JTMan

maggienx wrote: »
    I'm thinking of buying one of those big button mobile phones for an elderly relative and have seen some on amazon uk, advertised as sim free. Does anybody know if there might be any problems using an Irish network sim on one of those phones? Haven't decided which network I might use but likely to be either Vodafone or O2.

Should have no problem using the phone with an Irish sim.

Vodafone and O2 do not have the best value plans at the moment. Are you going for a prepay package?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 51 ✭✭maggienx

Thanks all for the replies. Will have a look at the Doro phone next time I'm in the Post Office. I would be going for a prepay phone and if I do order from amazon, I'm now thinking of a tescomobile sim. If you topup by 10 euro, you get a 10 euro bonus on tesco.

Advertisement