Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

The dreaded thought of what you did last night

• 07-04-2012 3:43pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 245 ✭✭beco2010

Im wondering how many wake up after the quick one. you know that one pint you go out for only to find your out till 3 in the morn stinking drunk and falling around as you make your way home. but thats not all the thought of what you cant remember doing last night and the flash backs. iv had many and would like to know if im alone on this

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,573 ✭✭✭pragmatic1

Psst. Everyone knows what you done and they're all out to get you. Watch your back.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 245 ✭✭beco2010

pragmatic1 wrote: »
    Psst. Everyone knows what you done and they're all out to get you. Watch your back.
    i wash my back every day does this count as watching it :cool:

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 10,440 Mod ✭✭✭✭xzanti

Ah, the fear :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,395 ✭✭✭✭mikemac1

Ah, sitting on the couch on Saturday afternoon and crying

And dreaming up horrible scenarios when you have to face your co-workers on Monday morning

Bad times :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,663 ✭✭✭Immaculate Pasta

Aah the old going out for a few and waking up with a ruined life. Been there many a time my friend :cool:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,390 ✭✭✭IM0

finally plucked up the courage to bury her in the garden :o

• Registered Users Posts: 16,500 ✭✭✭✭DEFTLEFTHAND

Ah yeah its not a nice feeling at all, I usually avoid all social contact on Sundays for fear of somebody ringing me up to tell me of some atrocity I've committed the night before.

It happens on boards as well when your drunk posting, its always a cringe inducing moment the next morning when you check up the kinda of rubbish you were posting the night before.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 664 ✭✭✭craggles

THE FEAR!

ill give an example out one night meet this classy girl end up try ta do the wild thang in the middle of the dance floor. my wet spagatti not working well get draged outside. next morning start getting the flash backs of my man hood on show as im walking out FORGETTING TO PUT MY BITS BACK IN .in bed trying to think did anyone see me

• Registered Users Posts: 16,500 ✭✭✭✭DEFTLEFTHAND

beco2010 wrote: »
    ill give an example out one night meet this classy girl end up try ta do the wild thang in the middle of the dance floor. my wet spagatti not working well get draged outside. next morning start getting the flash backs of my man hood on show as im walking out FORGETTING TO PUT MY BITS BACK IN .in bed trying to think did anyone see me

Jesus H Christ. :eek::D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 11,299 ✭✭✭✭later12

Thats not the fear. That legitimate terror.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,663 ✭✭✭Immaculate Pasta

Indeed. If anyone reports it, you could also get done for indecent exposure as well :cool:

I laf in the face of terror untill im sober

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,131 ✭✭✭subway

later12 wrote: »
    wtf is this ****???

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,299 ✭✭✭✭later12

er, the name of a group that might reflect commonly held experiences of alcohol related memory loss...:confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,131 ✭✭✭subway

I take it you didn't look at their actual page? Other than the funny title, it's nothing to do with the thread...
    unless you beat your wife or kill deformed children but can't remember it?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,919 ✭✭✭✭Gummy Panda

The fear is one of the reasons I rarely drink these days

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,048 ✭✭✭✭Snowie

yeah last weekend i went a bit nuts i had the fear all day monday..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,509 ✭✭✭✭castletownman

Nothing worse than waking up the next morning and checking your sent messages folder on your phone only to see messages you don't remember sending. Oh gawd, the amount of ridiculous stuff my loose fingers have texted to random women throughout the years!

In fact someone should invent an app that prevents drunken texts being sent

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 22,048 ✭✭✭✭Snowie

Nothing worse than waking up the next morning and checking your sent messages folder on your phone only to see messages you don't remember sending. Oh gawd, the amount of ridiculous stuff my loose fingers have texted to random women throughout the years!

there already is :D :pac:

:o

declared my love threw an email one night :D:pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,698 ✭✭✭✭Princess Peach

I got a bit sad the other day that is has been aaaagges since I had a blackout. Used to be at least a weekly occurrence for me!

Now I'm old and sensible and know when to stop. Feel ancient.

Funny times though. I'd wake up covered in bruises. Or this other time I woke up with an afro wig and a pair of rose tinted glasses on me. Witches hat another time. Or there was a time when I had a collection of plastic animals in my pocket.

Ahhh youth :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,509 ✭✭✭✭castletownman

I got a bit sad the other day that is has been aaaagges since I had a blackout. Used to be at least a weekly occurrence for me!

Now I'm old and sensible and know when to stop. Feel ancient.

Funny times though. I'd wake up covered in bruises. Or this other time I woke up with an afro wig and a pair of rose tinted glasses on me. Witches hat another time. Or there was a time when I had a collection of plastic animals in my pocket.

Ahhh youth :pac:

I woke up once wearing a pink cowboy hat, with a whistle around my neck and a rose in my front pocket! And I was only drinking in my local!:o

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,389 ✭✭✭mattjack

A classy girl in Cork ? Must have been a tourist or a freelance hooker.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 586 ✭✭✭Mickey Dazzler

the fear the fear the fear.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,624 ✭✭✭votecounts

mattjack wrote: »
    A classy girl in Cork ? Must have been a tourist or a freelance hooker.
    Well if it was a dublin classy girl, it would have to be a transexual:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,676 ✭✭✭✭herisson

ah the fear.....a regular occurance for me! :o

waking up with many an item in my room......a mans shoe, ashtrays, traffic cones, street signs and wonder wtf did i do??!!

or waking up in random places like a bush across from your friends house or sometimes casually waking up sprawled out the couch or in one particular bad case not even making it in and passing out at the front door

also waking up with a messy room and with clothes you dont own......

i am a classy classy burd!!

good thing i dont drink that much anymore.....well til my exams are over :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,021 ✭✭✭mickrock

Are you sure you still haven't the rose tinted glasses on?

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 12,913 Mod ✭✭✭✭JupiterKid

If the woman in question was genuinely classy she wouldn't be letting you try to ride her on the dance floor.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,643 ✭✭✭Phoenix Park

WHAT. THE. FUUUCK :eek:

JupiterKid wrote: »
    If the woman in question was genuinely classy she wouldn't be letting you try to ride her on the dance floor.
    you must be in a different class. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,540 ✭✭✭Giselle

I'm happy I don't drink. :)

glad to say i've never experienced this :confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,681 ✭✭✭ColeTrain

bluewolf wrote: »
    glad to say i've never experienced this :confused:

You haven't drank enough then!
    It's a terrible feeling and would nearly put one off drink.

• Registered Users Posts: 48 LaminatorSGL

Often I've woken up, remembering everything.

Sometimes the shame is a lot worse than the fear.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 200 ✭✭TrixIrl

Drunk me is a f*ckin c*nt.... She deletes my sent items folder to hide the evidence. Shes a sly one!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 204 ✭✭God...

TrixIrl wrote: »
    Drunk me is a f*ckin c*nt.... She deletes my sent items folder to hide the evidence. Shes a sly one!

:pac::pac::pac: I thought I was the only one!!! I don't even trust drunk me!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,981 ✭✭✭[-0-]

It's a phase and if you've any sense you'll grow out of it, hopefully before someone bottles you for exposing yourself to their missus......or not, and it's recorded and put on YouTube and you quickly become a legend in every male student's eyes.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,028 ✭✭✭✭--LOS--

meh I don't think there's much I'd worry about, there shouldn't be much that you'd do drunk that you wouldn't do sober, at least not anything bad. If you're a bad person anyway you risk exposing that side of yourself when drunk but drinking is not an excuse.

• Registered Users Posts: 9 brat74

Mother of sweet Jesus there is nothing as bad in this life as "the fear". Shaking and sweating, feelin guilty as f**k over stupid things...sometimes lasts for about 3 days. Afraid to even go to the shop cause everybody is staring.......aaaaaagghh.....you are deffo NOT alone!!

• Advertisement

yes i have to say the fear of checking your sent texts the next morning does not help. plus last dialed numbers always freaked me out

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,341 ✭✭✭✭Grayson

I've heard you can attach a breathaliser to a phone now. Don't know what good that would do. I know I'd be smart enough to figure how to take it off and dumb enough to text someone.

But jesus, the horrible memories I've had. And I rarely forget anything. I'd LOVE to black stuff out.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,341 ✭✭✭✭Grayson

[-0-] wrote: »
    and it's recorded and put on YouTube and you quickly become a legend in every male student's eyes.

That reminds me. facebook photo's. Two days later you see yourself, if not in bits, at the very least in the dumbest pose you've ever tried with a huge grin. And the immediate reaction is untag, untag!!

Grayson wrote: »
    I've heard you can attach a breathaliser to a phone now. Don't know what good that would do. I know I'd be smart enough to figure how to take it off and dumb enough to text someone.

But jesus, the horrible memories I've had. And I rarely forget anything. I'd LOVE to black stuff out.

No you wouldn't I used to remember everything too. Trust me, when you have to fill in the gaps the mind makes it ten times worse.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,698 ✭✭✭✭Princess Peach

--LOS-- wrote: »
    meh I don't think there's much I'd worry about, there shouldn't be much that you'd do drunk that you wouldn't do sober, at least not anything bad. If you're a bad person anyway you risk exposing that side of yourself when drunk but drinking is not an excuse.

I was a drunk mess and probably too loud and stupid but I always made my way home and alone and never got into any trouble.

What about the ppl who say they dont remember what happend to save from explaining. iv done it myself but , my friend got over jolly one night and started a fight (he is not a fighter or could never be) he shouts everything he can at this fella, the man comes to confront him he turns and heads or the hills, as quickly as he turns he falls rolling twice. this was outside the pub and at the start of a step hill any way after he has picked himself up he turns into a olympic sprinter and runs up this hill screaming F U ya F ing australian dickhead the man was english. we find him on the way to another pub and he has been trown out for having one of his shoes off why i dont know . he then decids on the best way to get back in is to banzai charge the door where the bouncers are watching, unaware to him as he runs for the door he crashs into the wall that is on the other side agian he picks himself up and runs off again. next day he says he cant remember a thing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,172 ✭✭✭Flojo

I had one of those moments last Monday, got kicked out of a WrestleMania Party for being too hammered. Don't remember a thing. Not my classiest moment. Pitchers = evil.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,758 ✭✭✭✭TeddyTedson

Finished work on Thursday and don't remember Friday or Saturday at all. I haven't left the house today. I couldn't face people.
    I have the fear badly. Now I'm starting to get the depressed feeling. I hate my job so much. I sort of wish I was dead at the moment but I know I'll be fine again in a day or two. Just play it out so.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,556 ✭✭✭Deus Ex Machina

Ah yes the fear. Luckily enough I'm usually able to rationalise myself out of it if I can remember most of what happened, but sometimes the memories are worse than the unknown.

One night in particular I was ordering drinks at the bar. I had ordered two Heinikens for my friends and a Guinness for myself. As he finished pouring the Heinos he picked up the glass and said "now for the Guinness". Something went off in my Vodka filled head.

"I'll help you with that!" I shouted as I grabbed the glass from his hand and squatted down. I took a big scuttery dump that filled the glass, and them slammed it down on the bar, shít flying everywhere. I ran out of the place and was never caught.

The next day was the worst fear I'd ever known. I tore pages out of books and lined the gaps in the door with them to block out the sound of me breathing to anybody outside. I stayed in the room for 48 hours and shît in the sink. Cried for hours straight. Made a noose. Luckily I snapped out of it before it went too badly wrong.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,238 ✭✭✭humbert

Anyone get the anti-fear?

Where, amidst vague haunting memories of the horror and debauchery of the night before you're walking down the road and there's a fresh breeze and maybe some nice trees and you think the the world's really a lovely peaceful tranquil place and life is wonderful.

Until it's all shattered by a flashback of something you'd completely forgotten...

• Advertisement
Advertisement