Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

The dreaded thought of what you did last night

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,037 ✭✭✭✭bnt

Drink and dance and laugh and lie,
    Love, the reeling midnight through,
    For tomorrow we shall die!
    (But, alas, we never do.)
    -- Dorothy Parker, The Flaw in Paganism, from Death and Taxes (1931)

:cool:

Death has this much to be said for it:
    You don’t have to get out of bed for it.
    Wherever you happen to be
    They bring it to you—free.

— Kingsley Amis

• Registered Users Posts: 581 ✭✭✭Ms. Pingui

I woke up one morning after a mad session, was looking through the horendous pictures on my camera and there was a big close up of the local scumbag.
    I must have just went right up into his face and took a picture of him.... he's the biggest knacker ever could've got my head kicked in. He wasn't looking happy in the photo either... scary ****! :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,919 ✭✭✭ziggy23

Ah yes the fear. Luckily enough I'm usually able to rationalise myself out of it if I can remember most of what happened, but sometimes the memories are worse than the unknown.

One night in particular I was ordering drinks at the bar. I had ordered two Heinikens for my friends and a Guinness for myself. As he finished pouring the Heinos he picked up the glass and said "now for the Guinness". Something went off in my Vodka filled head.

"I'll help you with that!" I shouted as I grabbed the glass from his hand and squatted down. I took a big scuttery dump that filled the glass, and them slammed it down on the bar, shít flying everywhere. I ran out of the place and was never caught.

The next day was the worst fear I'd ever known. I tore pages out of books and lined the gaps in the door with them to block out the sound of me breathing to anybody outside. I stayed in the room for 48 hours and shît in the sink. Cried for hours straight. Made a noose. Luckily I snapped out of it before it went too badly wrong.
    :pac::pac::pac::pac:
    And now for some hangover music

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,439 ✭✭✭SunnyDub1

Had one of them nights saturday. Looking forward to heading out all week ... Then boooom - to much drink and shots :/ spent most of the night trowing up :(

Woke up yesterday feeling depressed, paroniod and like sh*t - the fear.
    Doesn't be worth it sometimes

• Registered Users Posts: 1,021 ✭✭✭mickrock

"I'll help you with that!" I shouted as I grabbed the glass from his hand and squatted down. I took a big scuttery dump that filled the glass, and them slammed it down on the bar, shít flying everywhere. I ran out of the place and was never caught.

:eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,704 ✭✭✭Corvo

Oh fu*k me I know how you feel.

Last weekend I just turned into a total penis with drink and caused so much bother that I am basically self-barring myself from the local. I wouldn't mind but I loved the pub and think I will have a tough time settling in somewhere else.

Anyway, a funny story from a few years back. One day I win a ton of cash on the horses, about €250 along with my wages stuffed into my wallet. So I'm Tony Soprano here with a good €700 on me. I go to the nightclub and get wasted.

I wake up the next day and my Dad says to me "Who was the young ugly yolk you had in this house last night?"

"Don't be stupid" I says "No young one with me last night"

"Honestly, in a red dress"

Checks wallet...no money.

Checks manhood...badly scarred. Somehow.

:(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,563 ✭✭✭connundrum

My drunk brain has taken to making videos of stuff during a night as I clearly have issues remembering anything. This by itself is quite a feat for a drunk brain to even come up with.

I have, however, resolved to stop drinking that much. Its not even fun anymore :(

• Registered Users Posts: 800 ✭✭✭CB19Kevo

I tend to have a sunday freak out as i flash through my adventures from the previous night, Often it involves strange moves on the dancefloor, Swinging from stripper poles:rolleyes: (A addiction going on 4 years) or just bothering people by talking crap/getting involved in stuff that dont concern me.

Not the worst but it still bugs me for the cringe factor.

I really need to get back working at weekends.:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,336 ✭✭✭wendell borton

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,097 ✭✭✭johndaman66

beco2010 wrote: »
    we find him on the way to another pub and he has been trown out for having one of his shoes off why i dont know .
    waking up with many an item in my room......a mans shoe....

Hmm... I wonder?...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,572 ✭✭✭✭brummytom

I hate waking up after only a couple of hours sleep, still drunk.

"Yes, don't have a hangover. Mustn't have been too bad last night!"
    Then you try and walk...

I'm terrible for blacking out. I can usually remember around 80% of a night, but that 20% is always something bad.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 7,486 ✭✭✭Red Alert

It's simple to avoid it, drink less.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 245 ✭✭beco2010

Red Alert wrote: »
    It's simple to avoid it, drink less.
    or drink more to never remember:D

Advertisement