Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Take me back Azeroth!

Options
  • 07-04-2012 4:15pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7,182 ✭✭✭

Got Ressed yesterday after like a year of not playing.

Used to have Bongos, Bagnon and Atlas.(Alongside threat meters and dps counters and the usual stuff.)
    What's the going addons now days?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 196 ✭✭fiinch

i imagine the class you play would really decide which addons you use but titan panel, postal, rogue power bars (for all my classes really), altoholic (unbelievably useful), auctioneer, SpamThrottle, raid frames (x-perl / healbot etc) and Deadly boss mods are pretty much all i need

• Registered Users Posts: 412 ✭✭Akarinn

Tbh there is actually no need for any addons now. Aside from maybe recount, if you are the competetive type..

Blizzard already took care of Raid frames.

I just use healbot, decursive and DBM. I dont see the need for any other addons whilst raiding.

• Registered Users Posts: 928 ✭✭✭jabberwock

Bongos > bartender4 or dominos
    Bagnon > bagnon
    Atlas > (maps or loot?) no need for maps, everything in by default now

• Registered Users Posts: 17,590 ✭✭✭✭Mr. CooL ICE

As has been said above, there isn't much need for anything if you are casually playing. Blizzard really have implemented loads so stuff like chat windows and quest tracking is easily customisable by default.

For raiding, DBM or BigWigs to make raiding easier. Omen if you are dps or tank. For healing, you can still use the Blizzard UI frames, but you would really need something like Vuhdo/Healbot/Grid depending on your playstyle.

Personally, I use Tukui, which is a low resource/high performance UI overhaul that gives your entire UI a minimalist feel. There are some modified Tukui packages out there that include some raiding essentials. Aside from the basic Tukui, I use Vuhdo (because I mainly heal), Recount (because I'm a guild RL), Omen, DBM and Postal (makes AH shenanigans easier)

+1 for tukui. Amazingly easy to set up. Clean and low maintenance.

grid+clique / healbot / Vuhdo
    I have used all 3. each have their pros and cons. "grid+clique" needs more setting up. "healbot / Vuhdo" both come set up already and have very easy to use configs.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

Eluvi

Sorted

ElvUI, I'm guessing? :P

Which is a modified version of TukUI albeit it is it's own entity now.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,182 ✭✭✭Genghiz Cohen

TheDoc wrote: »
    Eluvi

Sorted

Went with this in the end.
    Will take a bit of getting used to, but it seems to combine everything I want in a slick style.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

Its also extremely customizable and literally has everything you need. Worth taking some time to go through all the options and mess about.

Funny enough I only found a setting over the weekend where the tooltip doesn't show when higlighting a raid frame, absolute gift for healing :D

• Registered Users Posts: 239 ✭✭NiallFH

ElvUI is awesome, takes a bit of setting up but once its working you won't go back to a standard UI. Elv UI isn't enough on its own if you want to play at high rating or do heroic raiding

If you're a PvPer you will want:

GladiatorLoSsa
    Gladius

For PvE:

Deadly Boss Mods or Big Wigs, I use both
    Recount
    Omen (Hardly necessary anymore but just incase)

All I can remember off hand, there are some others if you Raid Lead which I found handy:

Ensidia Fails - Tells you who fails on boss tactics
    Fatality - Tells you who died and what killed them
    Flump - Tells you who used what cooldown

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 10,367 ✭✭✭✭watna

I use gathermate2, bagnon, auctioneer, npc scan and routes.

I'm not in to raiding or even really dungeons so these are all to help me with pottering about getting achievements and things :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,528 ✭✭✭copeyhagen

just started playing wotlk on molten server.. ahem...

havent played in about 2.5 years at least, enjoying it alright..

Advertisement