Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

force fins vs regular fins

• 07-04-2012 4:55pm
    Registered Users Posts: 183 ✭✭

hey has anyone out there used force fins how are they in relation to the regular fins im thinking of getting a pair as my regular ones are fairly big and a pain to get on

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 589 ✭✭✭loctite

I think these fins are the biggest gimmick.
    Yep, have a mate who bought a pair (think they were the Deltas), paid a ridiculous amount of money for them, swore they were the bee knees. He used them for one season and then never used them again.

I personally don't like them. I think they look ridiculous and its like using split fins. There is no resistance when you kick which more often than not means no forward movement for at least 3-4 fin kicks.

I like to move when I kick my legs:D

You can't beat a pair of Mares Quattros... the older models if you can get them

What fins are you currently using and what is difficult about putting them on etc??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 538 ✭✭✭Catmologen

Depending on the size of your boot just get a pair of Scuba Pro Jets or Turtles. If you fit spring straps you will have no issues getting them on or off.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 190 ✭✭mint man

i met a man that had a knee operation so used them as they had less resistance.he was happy with them.
    but as said try finsping straps first theyre great.

• Registered Users Posts: 199 ✭✭gotapaininmy

Catmologen wrote: »
    Depending on the size of your boot just get a pair of Scuba Pro Jets or Turtles. If you fit spring straps you will have no issues getting them on or off.

Any idea where I could get a pair of Scubapro Jet Fins and how much they cost? Also looking to get scubapro MK17 regs serviced, any suggestions/recommendations appreciated.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 589 ✭✭✭loctite

Any idea where I could get a pair of Scubapro Jet Fins and how much they cost? Also looking to get scubapro MK17 regs serviced, any suggestions/recommendations appreciated.

Where you based?

I'd say all the Scubapro dealers will be able to hook you up.

The two that come to mind are Oceanlife in Kilkee, Great Outdoors in Dublin and
    I'm not sure, but I think Waterworld in Castlegregory may be dealers too.

Scubapro are fairly militant with monitoring online retailers so I reckon you'll get them just as cheap in Irl as the UK/Europe. There's also the Halcyon Turtle Fins (at least thats what I think they are called) that are almost identical to the jet fins, might be able to pick them up cheaper...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 538 ✭✭✭Catmologen

I got mine from Divin Dec. He will order them in, based in Donegal but he's regularly in Dublin so you can arrange to pick them up from him there if it suits. They are not scuba pro brand but just as good and cheaper! About 80e including spring straps.

www.divindec.com/

For the Regs, go to George at Lambay Diving services.

http://www.lambaydiving.com/

Advertisement