Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Red Lemonade thread

• 07-04-2012 5:08pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 17,733 ✭✭✭✭

Was the lemonade made in Russia during the cold war better than you can buy in Centra Knocknagoshel?

Watch this space for the forth-coming Brennans Bread thread about a Bishop and the Communion Host

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,250 ✭✭✭lividduck

corktina wrote: »
    Was the lemonade made in Russia during the cold war better than you can buy in Centra Knocknagoshel?

Watch this space for the forth-coming Brennans Bread thread about a Bishop and the Communion Host
    :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,825 ✭✭✭Fart

lividduck wrote: »

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,798 ✭✭✭Local-womanizer

Ops Location: Not Sure

Echoed by this thread it seems....

• Registered Users Posts: 16,500 ✭✭✭✭DEFTLEFTHAND

TK? anybody? :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,825 ✭✭✭Fart

No! I always end up climbing up walls and **** when I do.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 11,299 ✭✭✭✭later12

Get out:mad:

Red coloured ditchwater like that could only be irish

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,137 ✭✭✭44leto

TK red lemonade and pub crisps was a childhood treat for me.

I still think TK red is the best thirst quencher I could never understand why it wasn't more popular, like I never seen it in a can.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,500 ✭✭✭✭DEFTLEFTHAND

later12 wrote: »
    Get out:mad:

Red coloured ditchwater like that could only be irish

Blasphemy! surrender your passport sir.:pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 901 ✭✭✭ChunkyLover_53

Red Lemonade & White Lemonade were the same drink.
    Colouring was added to Red Lemonade, this was the only difference...there was no taste difference, no matter what your drunk Aunt says.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,733 ✭✭✭✭corktina

Interestingly it only took 8 posts to descend from a tongue in cheek mockery of threads such as "mashed spuds" to one actually about the merits of Red Lemonade. I shall now write a thesis on this.:D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 305 ✭✭mackmuffin

Fart wrote: »

pics or gtfo

44leto wrote: »
    TK red lemonade and pub crisps was a childhood treat for me.

I still think TK red is the best thirst quencher I could never understand why it wasn't more popular, like I never seen it in a can.

Ha. cause I got rock shandy, proper stuff, not the ready mixed muck

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,137 ✭✭✭44leto

mackmuffin wrote: »
    Ha. cause I got rock shandy, proper stuff, not the ready mixed muck

Tut Tut mixing your drink at such a young age, putting you straight of the heavy stuff, that's how it starts, I bet you are a dypso now.:D

44leto wrote: »
    Tut Tut mixing your drink at such a young age, putting you straight of the heavy stuff, that's how it starts, I bet you are a dypso now.:D

Yes, thats where I learn how to mix, and mix um proper;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,395 ✭✭✭✭mikemac1

Red lemonade is what separates us from the Brits

They are missing out on this red sugary goodness.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 12,506 Mod ✭✭✭✭byhookorbycrook

Nashes much nicer than than TK, we used to be given it heated as children if we had a cold.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,919 ✭✭✭✭Gummy Panda

Culchies love their TK Red Lemonade along with a hang sandwich and a packet of tayto.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,395 ✭✭✭✭mikemac1

You forgot the mug a scald

Nashes much nicer than than TK, we used to be given it heated as children if we had a cold.
    I was given boiled 7up:o
    Culchies love their TK Red Lemonade along with a hang sandwich and a packet of tayto.

Ah stop, I miss those days:(
    although there was usually a purple snack there somewhere too

or a club, when they used to be nice

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 12,506 Mod ✭✭✭✭byhookorbycrook

Irn Bru is the most sugar filled stuff you could get, I remember being stunned in a Glasgow supermarket to see a full aisle of the stuff, when it had failed to take off here.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 222 ✭✭marozz

when I was a kid desert on a Sunday was a glass of TK red with a dollop of vanilla ice cream dumped into it... it was actually quite nice.

Irn Bru is the most sugar filled stuff you could get, I remember being stunned in a Glasgow supermarket to see a full aisle of the stuff, when it had failed to take off here.

junkies like me are keeping irn bru going over here:o

Boiled seven up was for tummy bugs.

mackmuffin wrote: »
    junkies like me are keeping irn bru going over here:o
    It is vile stuff,like bad bubble gum(if it can be said there is such a thing as good/bad bubble gum)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,263 ✭✭✭3rdDegree

Red lemonade plus vanilla ice cream in a blender, mixed to a frothy texture was a drink of the Gods!

Boiled seven up was for tummy bugs.
    Ooohhh...yea I used to get a lot of them as a kid.
    It is vile stuff,like bad bubble gum(if it can be said there is such a thing as good/bad bubble gum)

Thats probably why I like it :o
    have had to seriously cut down on the stuff though

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,140 ✭✭✭✭ejmaztec

corktina wrote: »

Kerry's answer to Royston Vasey. The red lemonade there wasn't red when it was delivered.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,462 ✭✭✭✭WoollyRedHat

Red Lemonade & White Lemonade were the same drink.
    Colouring was added to Red Lemonade, this was the only difference...there was no taste difference, no matter what your drunk Aunt says.

Lies!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,641 ✭✭✭Teyla Emmagan

Red lemonade is gross. Seriously.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 378 ✭✭cade

ah red and white is all the same, I haven't seen a bottle of red loemonade in years actually, I wonder is this another of the things that was discovered to give you cancer and it was pulled from the shelves without anyone realising.

Lemonade is at its best when mixed with Southern Comfort.

Advertisement