Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

help! Dog has been eating hedge

Options
  • 07-04-2012 5:13pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,292 ✭✭✭

Hi all,

not sure if anyone has an answer for this one but after the winter I have been out cleaning up the garden and was wondering where all the sticks had come from. While I was cleaning the dog was out with me and I heard a snap - turned around and the dog had helped himself to a branch off the hedge between us and the neighbour. When I say branch, I mean the hedge has no leaves yet and he took a good sized lump off one of the trunk stalks. I let a roar at him but the damage was done. The hedge is very old and I am very worried now that he has destoyed it and it will not bloom this year. He must have been doing this all winter! It is a shared hedge on 3 sides with 3 different neighbours and I don't know how much damage he may have done! How can I solve this quickly before my neighbours see red?? Is there something I can plant that will grow fast enough at this time of year, to cover any gaps? Any other suggestions?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 593 ✭✭✭Zuiderzee

Does he eat grass? He may be constipated, so a trip to the vet and more fibre in the diet may be the solution

• Registered Users Posts: 326 ✭✭evilmonkee

Your dog could be bored (assuming its not a teething pup), bordom = destruction.

Also if you do spray your hedge with anything make sure its not toxic, bitter apple sprays are sold in pet shops to attempt to stop dogs by the bitter taste.

Please make sure that hedge is non-toxic to dogs, you don't want your pet getting poisoned.

Advertisement