Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Citrus plant question

Options
  • 07-04-2012 5:21pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 64 ✭✭

Knowing my love for all things lemon-scented and flavoured, the other half recently bought me a lemon tree and a calamondin tree from Lidl/Aldi.

They're in my front porch, which is the sunniest place in the house and pretty warm as it's all glass. All our houseplants and seedlings start there, at least until we get the polytunnel sorted.

Since harvesting four full-size lemons off the lemon tree, a lot of smaller buds and the beginnings of fruit have appeared.

The oranges on the calamondin tree look like this;

6907842012_9836ecd053.jpg

Are they meant to be wrinkly? I've been assuming they'll plump out later as they mature.

The leaves on both plants look like this;
    6907840302_a9137188f2.jpg

and many are curling up. How can I stop this? I haven't fertilised them since I bought them, but I am getting citrus plant fertiliser soon. Is the lack of fertiliser what's causing this?

They haven't outgrown their pots yet, but given that the compost they're in at the moment looks like this for the calamondin tree;

7053936387_07fba33833.jpg

and this for the lemon tree;

6907846920_d55ab5bfc7.jpg

and have done since I bought them, I'm considering repotting them into citrus compost anyway. Is this ok to do?

And my final question, where can I get a lime tree?

Advertisement