Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Postgrad funding and grants

Options
  • 07-04-2012 5:25pm
    Registered Users Posts: 252 ✭✭

Hi all

Does anyone know if the budget 2012 abolishment of all postgrad funding has actually come in in its full force?

My understanding is that anyone entering the postgrad system in 2012 will not be eligible for postgrad funding or fee support regardless of their situation (unless they are a "special case" where they can get approx 2000 paid towards their fees)

Is this still the case or has the full abolishing of postgrad support been reduced at all in its severity?

Comments

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 4,710 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tree

AFAIR from the budget speech, maintenance grants have been abolished (possibly not in the case of people on extremely low incomes(your special case folks)). The contribution to fees will go from 6k to 2k for people entitled to it. The details for next year's scheme hasn't been fully published yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 252 ✭✭Printer

Yeh thats what I remember from it too but I'm not sure if it has been passed in the Dail yet or not.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 4,710 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tree

The budget was passed a few months back.

Advertisement