Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Personal Fitness/ weightloss coaching limerick

• 07-04-2012 5:36pm
    Registered Users Posts: 14

Hi all..

I know there have been some forums previously about personal training in limerick but they are very old and not quiet answering what im wondering about.
    Im not looking for a fitness instructor who give you a plan that you work on Im essentially looking for a coach. Im moving to limerick form the UK where ive been working with a coach for 3 months now for weightloss and overall fitness. My coach worked out with me 3 times a week in a gym, on circuits and outside as well an giving nutritional advise. Does anyone know of something similar in limerick?
    Ive bee googling but not finding what I want.. Ive found 2 of intrest studio 21 city center offer personal training an 20eu p hour and another called Tri-fit but they give no prices. Ive emailed them and they evaded my question about costs so that a bit intresting.
    Anyone reccomend anyone? ever used Trifit or studio 21?

Thanks for any help, I really need the motivation of having my progress monitored which you just dont get from a fitness instructor!!:)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 179 ✭✭Janet1986

Evolution gym in the southcourt hotel in raheen ( they have a facebook page)

Paul Allen is your man :)

Good deal on there too at the moment.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,371 ✭✭✭banjobongo

Im a member of Beefit Gyms in Ballysimon and I think they offer this service.http://www.beefitgyms.com/fitness/personal-training-sessions/
    Prices listed there.

• Registered Users Posts: 224 ✭✭LMK

Try Bhfitnessandnutrition Barry Hennessy - He's a nice guy it would be worth contacting him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,370 ✭✭✭Skuxx

www.apgfitness.com

I've done some work with Aaron before, He also does the type of thing your looking for! I'd highly recommend!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,371 ✭✭✭banjobongo

also the gym in UL has personal trainers.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,391 ✭✭✭fro9etb8j5qsl2

A guy i know runs a place called Destination Motivation on Alphonsus st, his name is Barry O Connell and afaik, he provides the one on one that you're looking for :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,357 ✭✭✭gregers85

There's a personal trainer who works out of bee-fit Gym, Aidan Shanahan!
    He is absolutely brilliant! helped me lose 2 stone last summer!
    He does one-on-one & group training, nutrition advice etc. he is the man!

085-7196609

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Aidan-Shanahan-Personal-Training-and-Fitness/112807125419801

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,359 ✭✭✭Tefral

For me it would have to be Blue Shinners.

Just google the name to see all he has done.

Sports and Achievements

Multi Mr Ireland title holder, 6th place winner of the 2012 Mr Universe
    Received the Nabba life-time Achievement Award in 2010.
    Irish & International fitness & bodybuilding Judge.
    Sports Nutritionist.
    Personal Trainer.
    Strength & Conditioning Coach.
    IABA Boxing Coach.
    Optimum Nutrition Athlete.

Personally speaking working under his advice:

Bench 60kg->115kg
    Deadlift 90kg ->180kg
    Squat 80kg -> 155kg

He's on Facebook, Twitter and LinkedIn under "Blue Shinners"

Edit: Didn't notice the thread start date! Necrothread.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,551 ✭✭✭panda100

Skuxx wrote: »
    www.apgfitness.com

I've done some work with Aaron before, He also does the type of thing your looking for! I'd highly recommend!

I go to Aaron and really recommend him. He's not into fad diets and my body is completely transformed and toned since I started working out with him.

I have heared good things about Trifit though. Their circuit class is meant to be the best in limerick. Studio 21 I would skip, I know two people who were doing trx classes there every morning and can't say I noticed any weight loss or change in their body shape.

If your looking for a really good workout then head to altitude spinning in delta sports dome. Best cardio workout in limerick.

Advertisement