Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bookies paying out during a game

Options
  • 07-04-2012 6:00pm
    Registered Users Posts: 153 ✭✭

Today I had an over 2.5 goals bet with ladbrokes which came in after 25 mins. Happy with that I drove back to the shop to collect, only to find out that "the game isnt over yet":rolleyes:. Do others like Boyles and PP wait until the match ends to payout when the outcome of the bet is known? most online firms payout during the game on overs when it comes in too.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,214 ✭✭✭ceadaoin.

Ladbrokes is actually one of the few that do pay out bets as they win. At least they do online anyway. Any time I've had a bet with PP or Boyles, I've had to wait until the game is over.

You'd think the shop staff would just give you the money though if they could clearly see that it was a winner

• Registered Users Posts: 2,825 ✭✭✭Healio

It depends on the firm, but generally if you bet pre-match you wont get settled until after the match. Bet in-play and you will normally get paid within a minute or two of a result being known.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,622 ✭✭✭✭okidoki987

If you ask the staff to ring HQ, they will pay out.
    If the match was abandoned, might be a problem though despite the fact the result of your bet was already a winner.

Advertisement